Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We already know T.O. is of touch

...but is Boomer, as well?

Is T.O.'s latest 'spat' a cry for help? Click here to find out more!

Boomer Esiason By Boomer Esiason
    Special to NFL.com

(Dec. 20, 2006) -- So, Terrell Owens spits in someone's face. Is anybody really surprised?

Why is it that I have the feeling that it's only going to get worse in Dallas? Owens in no way can be considered stable. His actions are screaming out for help. I just hope owner Jerry Jones doesn't have his head buried in the sand thinking that this is the end and that it can't get any worse.

Just look at the timeline of events that have taken place since Owens became a Cowboy, plus all that went on before in both Philadelphia and San Francisco. If these are not symptoms of a man in distress, then I don't know what is. I can't even criticize Owens' bizarre behavior anymore because it is so sad. He obviously is struggling with something and someone needs to figure it out.

He is a danger to himself and everyone around him, maybe with the exception of Michael Irvin. Jerry Jones must do something to help this guy before he does something that truly is catastrophic.

Terrell Owens might be wearing out his welcome in Dallas, as he did in San Francisco and Philly.
    The good news is, now the Philadelphia Eagles are back in the hunt for the NFC East division title and their next trip takes them right into the heart of the beast, Dallas and T.O. Could this be the week that Owens completely snaps?

And how about the irony that Owens' first victim at quarterback is the Eagles' current starting quarterback, Jeff Garcia? Talk about full circle.

Much to my surprise, Garcia has led his team to the brink of the unthinkable: an NFC East division title without Donovan McNabb. Garcia has shown the veteran experience and grit required to lead the Eagles. In a Monday night game against the Carolina Panthers, Garcia overcame Philadelphia boo birds to lead his team to a fabulous second half and ultimately a victory against the Panthers.

Philadelphia fans were calling for the great A.J. Feeley to replace Garcia, but it was Garcia's perseverance and grit that allowed him to play through the criticism and lead his team to victory.

I have to tell you, not only am I surprised, but I'm also happy for him. This is a guy who was tormented by Owens while in San Francisco. He elected to play for the Lions and the Browns, decisions I'm sure he regrets. And now he finds himself on the verge of a tremendous achievement.

I was, as most, definitely a non-believer when it came to Garcia's prospects for an Eagles turnaround. But I have been converted to a fan for this underdog quarterback. I hope that somehow Garcia can have the last laugh as he faces his ultimate demon, T.O.

The complete article can be found at http://nfl.com/news/story/9882866.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a little incredulous at how he can approach the topic of the NFL's biggest misfit from such an angle: He seems to be saying that somehow Owens can't be blamed for his behavior, and it's up to his superiors to straighten him out. ...Sorry, I don't buy that for a minute. His problems are his own problems. It's not up to team owners, etc., to straighten out the messes for him. Where is the sense of responsibility on his part? If he's really as unstable as the article asserts he is - and I have no doubt that he is - then maybe he belongs in a mental hospital. At the very least, you can say that any of the 3 teams he's signed with thus far have brought these problems entirely upon themselves (Well, perhaps one ought to excuse SF, since they didn't really have a benchmark to gauge his behavior by, being the first to sign him. Anyway, I guess what I really take issue with is the tendency here to suggest T.O. is a victim, and not an offender. ...Of course, feel free to disagree.

Last edited by sbutk; 12-23-2006, 07:31 AM.
    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

There are no problems in Dallas, the whole thing is always being blown out of proportion by the media.

Comment

It seems to me that Terrell Owens could be on the Estasy.

Comment

I firmly believe TO IS unstable.

However, it is not the NFL's responsibility to do anything unless he is a danger to others.

Boomer is half right.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

They (the media) are saying that he will more than likely not be in Dallas next year. I am surprised the Cowboy fans accepted him as well as they did. I am sure his little dance on the star still eats at some of them.

If it is true, and Dallas releases him, I wonder who would be the next victim?
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
            They (the media) are saying that he will more than likely not be in Dallas next year. I am surprised the Cowboy fans accepted him as well as they did. I am sure his little dance on the star still eats at some of them.

If it is true, and Dallas releases him, I wonder who would be the next victim?

My first thought would be Cincinnati. But since another capable WR is the last thing they need... Baltimore?

sigpic
            Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
              My first thought would be Cincinnati. But since another capable WR is the last thing they need... Baltimore?

Maybe...but he snubbed Baltimore just a few years ago to go to Philly. Perhaps the predictions a few years ago will finally finalize....and he goes to Atlanta?

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                There are no problems in Dallas, the whole thing is always being blown out of proportion by the media.
                THere is a problem in Dallas. TO has been nothing but a distraction. Then after this game in Philly...he's referring to the team as 'them.' This guy will NOT be a Cowboy next season.

Comment

No problems in Dallas? Watch Sports Center, I think Terrence Newman may disagree. Your talking about a guy who makes a mockery of everything, from the discovery channel jersey, to the "accidental OD", to the santa hat in his post game press conference and talking about the team not getting him involved early and often enough, despite the fact that hes been thrown to 146 times this year.....seriously, I liked this guy, I tried to defend him and stick up for him, but hes just gone too far too often and its costing him fans and support from his teammates, and possible future suitors to that fat contract he'll never get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    Maybe...but he snubbed Baltimore just a few years ago to go to Philly. Perhaps the predictions a few years ago will finally finalize....and he goes to Atlanta?

How funny would it be to watch him have yet another hissy-fit when Lelie gets all the catches instead of him? (Not saying that it's likely - just that I'd be amused.)

sigpic
                    Best of luck, TT!

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
                      My first thought would be Cincinnati.
                      God I hope not. I am sure WhoDey would agree.

My friend seems to think Detroit. But I don't know about that. I don't know why anyone would want him.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

What ever team takes the suicide king deserves what they get.
                        Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
                          What ever team takes the suicide king deserves what they get.
                          Suicide king? It should be clear by now that TO loves himself way too much to kill himself. He is going to stay in Dallas, I really do think him and Parcells have a better relationship than everyone seems to think.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
                            Suicide king? It should be clear by now that TO loves himself way too much to kill himself. He is going to stay in Dallas, I really do think him and Parcells have a better relationship than everyone seems to think.
                            I think he is referring to the OD situation. Not to mention, I think its 'suicide' for your team to take him. He will UNDOUBTABLY destroy the chemistry from within. He's worse than cancer itself. I personally think the relationship between Parcells and TO is worse than what appears. I think Parcells absolutely HATES him on the team, and would much rather have him removed than anything else. I think Parcells despises TO's presence, and would sooner retire than have to put up with him for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              I think he is referring to the OD situation. Not to mention, I think its 'suicide' for your team to take him. He will UNDOUBTABLY destroy the chemistry from within. He's worse than cancer itself. I personally think the relationship between Parcells and TO is worse than what appears. I think Parcells absolutely HATES him on the team, and would much rather have him removed than anything else. I think Parcells despises TO's presence, and would sooner retire than have to put up with him for another season.
                              I'm well aware he was talking about the OD situation. You forget that T.O. isn't the only person with an ego in Dallas. It would look very bad for Parcells and T.O. both to not be there next year. If Parcells demands T.O. goes or he goes, it will go against his coaching prestige. This is a guy who handled LT and Keyshawn Johnson. Do you honestly think he is going to let it out that he can't control T.O.? Hell no.

For T.O., it is make this work or his career is over. No doubt he isn't as much of an a-hole in the locker room as he used to be. You say he disrupted team chemistry? Well the team made the playoffs this year and had a huge winning streak going mid season. How is that disrupting team chemistry? Do you really think even T.O. would commit career suicide? He is going to stay in Dallas next season, and Parcells will be there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X