Portis Rumors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis Rumors?

Has anybody heard any rumors of Clinton getting put on the trading block during the offseason?

There have been whispers of it. I don't want him back in Denver at all if he really is on the trading block.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
      There have been whispers of it. I don't want him back in Denver at all if he really is on the trading block.
      Why wouldn't you want him in Denver? He'd certainly be better than either of the Bells.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
        Why wouldn't you want him in Denver? He'd certainly be better than either of the Bells.

Cuz I'd rather have a younger, more versatile, and less banged-up potential BEAST in Mr. Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

Cuz I'd rather have a younger, more versatile, and less banged-up potential BEAST in Mr. Marshawn Lynch.
          Denver does not draft first round running backs, and this draft would be better used on defense.

Comment

If it could be worked out, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
            sigpic

Comment

dude

Lynch is just that, Potential

we DONT know how he would do in our system

we DO however know Portis can run the ball, and run the ball VERY well in it, so why take the chance on Marshawn?

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                Has anybody heard any rumors of Clinton getting put on the trading block during the offseason?
                We talked about this in the post listed below in the General Discussions.

Redskins Portis, possibly may be on the trading block again..

Originally posted by TDMiller2
                Word out here in DC is that Portis may be on the trading blocks again, because of Danield Snyders concern of salary cap issues and the sudden emergence of Ladell Betts.

Could Portis like Shannan Sharpe return in a Broncos uniform?

This morning:
                http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2006...5725-6547r.htm

Q: I have vague memories of Clinton Portis being the Redskins' main man on offense. Will he be Betts' backup when he's healthy again next season?

A: Portis likely will remain the No. 1 back if the Redskins don't trade him, and a deal remains a possibility. Still, Betts has been terrific the past four weeks. He certainly has earned a greater share of the workload next season.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                  If it could be worked out, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
                  Yeah.. what Mtnman said. I'd love to see Portis back here if we could make it happen. I'd love to see Lelie back here too.
                  The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Audible out of two-back set: Trade Portis

WASHINGTON - It’s time to trade Clinton Portis. Maybe it’s the eggnog talking, but Redskins running back Ladell Betts’ recent emergence makes Portis expendable no matter how good the runner is. No matter that he’s better than Betts. No matter the cost will be $8 million against the salary cap.

The Redskins now have two aces in the backfield. Trading one wouldn’t greatly hurt the offense and could provide a defensive starter or a second-round pick.

An impact player in the middle of the defensive line is needed more than another defensive end given Andre Carter now looks worth his big-money deal. The Redskins secondary and linebacking are good enough, but the line needs a run stopper and pass rusher inside.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder loves deal making, but this one has to come with a caveat — don’t do it unless it’s worthwhile. Don’t sweeten the deal with draft picks. Don’t acquire an aging star. If this deal isn’t possible straight up for a defensive tackle, then walk away.

Portis is the logical choice to go. Many executives around the NFL might still doubt Betts despite his 933 yards and 4.8 yard average thus far this season. Portis is the proven back with a Redskins single-season rushing record and a resumé that may eventually merit Hall of Fame consideration. Portis will command far more in a trade than Betts, whom many teams believe they can simply use their own first-rounder to gain.

Betts is a better fit for this offense. He’s more of a between tackles runner than Portis and a better receiver out of the backfield with 45 catches. That’s not saying Portis isn’t a tough guy because he’s a superior blocker picking up blitzes than Betts.

See the rest of the article here:
                    http://www.examiner.com/a-464416~Aud...de_Portis.html

Comment

What would we have to Give up to get Portis??
                      anyone have any ideas? lol

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
                        What would we have to Give up to get Portis??
                        anyone have any ideas? lol
                        See this post in General Discussions:
                        Redskins Portis, possibly may be on the trading block again..

Comment

I doubt that Denver could get him back if goes the trading block. The Redskins might ask for a lot in return. I don't us to give up some good young talent and a first day draft pick for him. Portis is not that old, he's only 25. I wouldn't mind getting him, but it might take too much to get him.

Comment

Is it just me....

or is Marshawn Lynch the Ron Dayne on these boards?

Btw, maybe it's Poorti$ that gets reunited with Kubiak. Not Plummer!

(Come on....everybody now! "Re-united and it feels so good....Re-united and it's understood.............")<---------Remember me when this song is still stuck in your head hours from now!
                            Last edited by stnzed; 12-25-2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                              or is Marshawn Lynch the Ron Dayne on these boards?

Btw, maybe it's Poorti$ that gets reunited with Kubiak. Not Plummer!

(Come on....everybody now! "Re-united and it feels so good....Re-united and it's understood.............")<---------Remember me when this song is still stuck in your head hours from now!

I think it's more like Portis is the Ron Dayne on these boards, whatever that means.

Comment

Working...
                              X