Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    The Dolphins had nothing to lose but a lot to win. They should have taken the risk.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by RunYouOver
    I thought maybe they should go for it too...but he wants to win, he doesn't want to take chances.

If you're playing hard to win, you go for the field goal, if you're a risk taker, and have no chance at the playoffs (like the dolphins were), you go for it.

Really all how the coach coaches, I guess.

Actually when your in the opponents own ten a proven study (and common sense) shows that going for it actually increases your chance to win. As long as you dont have a defense like the Colts.

IF you go for it and dont make it, then the opponenets offense is stuck at their own 7. IF you make that INCHES you have four more downs to score...

Leave a comment:

• The|Snake#16
    replied
    Monday night football needs to can Theisman and Kornhole, i'd rather ESPN just play some soft elevator music during the game.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco7hunter
    replied
    I agree totally about going for the 1st and go get the touchdown. At that point the Jets weren't go to take too many chances even if they stop the Dophins. There wouldn't have be a lot of time but the Dolphins could have gone for it, been stopped, and still gotten the ball back in decent field position and time enough to get in field goal range again. You could just feel the Jets were going to drive down and get the winning score as soon as the Dolphins showed how ball-less of a team they really have. The Jets Suck and have no business in the playoffs.

Kornheiser is a total jackoff who has no business announcing a game.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    It's a Win-Win situation for the Dolphins had they gone for it.

If they make it, they have a huge opportunity to get a touchdown and take control of the game.

If they don't, they get a higher draft pick.

What is there to lose?

Leave a comment:

• flbroncofan
    replied
    Agreed. Like you said the fin's have no chance to make the playoffs but they were at home too. How in the world do you not go for it. I was a solid yard but c'mon. (not to mention the $ i had on the game with my Jets fan friend).

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...9&postcount=17

just like i said right here, if you play not to lose instead of playing to win, you are probably going to lose.

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoCanuck
    Just finished watching the Dolphins game please explain to me what Nick Saban was thinking not going for the 4th and inches at the Jets 7 yard line? The Dolphins had no chance to make the playoffs and are simply playing spoiler so what did he figure he had to lose? I always thought he was too conservative but this just highlighted it. Also that Tony Kornheiser is a friggin moron he sounds like the guy at the bar watching the game who makes stupid comments and acts like he knows what he's talking about, sorry had to throw that in there he really frustrates me especially the Broncos game he covered at the first of the season

I thought maybe they should go for it too...but he wants to win, he doesn't want to take chances.

If you're playing hard to win, you go for the field goal, if you're a risk taker, and have no chance at the playoffs (like the dolphins were), you go for it.

Really all how the coach coaches, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoCanuck
    started a topic Nick Saban Needs To Grow A Pair

Nick Saban Needs To Grow A Pair

Just finished watching the Dolphins game please explain to me what Nick Saban was thinking not going for the 4th and inches at the Jets 7 yard line? The Dolphins had no chance to make the playoffs and are simply playing spoiler so what did he figure he had to lose? I always thought he was too conservative but this just highlighted it. Also that Tony Kornheiser is a friggin moron he sounds like the guy at the bar watching the game who makes stupid comments and acts like he knows what he's talking about, sorry had to throw that in there he really frustrates me especially the Broncos game he covered at the first of the season
Working...
X