• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey to start vs Texans

linky

Dorsey will start Sunday
    Jeff Walcoff, Staff Writer
    Ken Dorsey will make the first start of his Browns career Sunday in the season finale at Houston, Romeo Crennel announced Tuesday.

Charlie Frye is still recovering from a bone bruise on his right wrist suffered vs. Kansas City on Dec. 3, while backup Derek Anderson is out after separating his shoulder during Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers.

Crennel said the team will likely sign Lang Campbell, who has been with the team for the past two years during training camp, to backup Dorsey Sunday. Campbell has never taken a regular season NFL snap.

Dorsey started 10 games, appearing in 11, in three years as a 49er from 2003-05. Overall, he completed 171-of-316 passes for 1712 yards with 8 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He was a seventh-round draft pick (241st overall) by the team in 2003.

He was traded to the Browns with an undisclosed draft pick for Trent Dilfer on May 4, 2006.

Dorsey entered last week's game vs. Tampa Bay late after Anderson suffered the injury. He played only two snaps. He was sacked on his first play and threw an incompletion on the second.

Dorsey was 38-2 as a starter at Miami (Fla.) and led his team to the 2001 NCAA Championship.

The rest of the team's injury list is still "extensive" according to Crennel.

Both of the team's starting guards were injured Sunday. Joe Andruzzi reaggravated a knee injury, while Cosey Coleman suffered an ankle sprain. Crennel said they will be evaluated as the week progresses. Chaun Thompson suffered a small fracture in his thumb vs. Tampa Sunday but Crennel said he should be able to play in Houston. J'vonne Parker suffered an ankle injury against the Buccaneers. His status for Sunday is yet to be determined.

Leigh Bodden (ankle) and Alvin McKinley (shoulder) did not play Sunday but Crennel said he hopes the extra rest may make them available to play in Houston. Meanwhile, Andra Davis, who suffered a concussion vs. Baltimore two weeks ago and missed Sunday's game, is making slow progress.

Finally, Crennel said Nick Eason (foot), Joe Jurevicius (concussion), Dennis Northcutt (shoulder), Mason Unck (abdomen) and Kellen Winslow (knee), each of whom played Sunday, should be okay to take part in the season finale.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    linky

Dorsey will start Sunday
    Jeff Walcoff, Staff Writer
    Ken Dorsey will make the first start of his Browns career Sunday in the season finale at Houston, Romeo Crennel announced Tuesday.

Charlie Frye is still recovering from a bone bruise on his right wrist suffered vs. Kansas City on Dec. 3, while backup Derek Anderson is out after separating his shoulder during Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers.

Crennel said the team will likely sign Lang Campbell, who has been with the team for the past two years during training camp, to backup Dorsey Sunday. Campbell has never taken a regular season NFL snap.

Dorsey started 10 games, appearing in 11, in three years as a 49er from 2003-05. Overall, he completed 171-of-316 passes for 1712 yards with 8 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He was a seventh-round draft pick (241st overall) by the team in 2003.

He was traded to the Browns with an undisclosed draft pick for Trent Dilfer on May 4, 2006.

Dorsey entered last week's game vs. Tampa Bay late after Anderson suffered the injury. He played only two snaps. He was sacked on his first play and threw an incompletion on the second.

Dorsey was 38-2 as a starter at Miami (Fla.) and led his team to the 2001 NCAA Championship.

The rest of the team's injury list is still "extensive" according to Crennel.

Both of the team's starting guards were injured Sunday. Joe Andruzzi reaggravated a knee injury, while Cosey Coleman suffered an ankle sprain. Crennel said they will be evaluated as the week progresses. Chaun Thompson suffered a small fracture in his thumb vs. Tampa Sunday but Crennel said he should be able to play in Houston. J'vonne Parker suffered an ankle injury against the Buccaneers. His status for Sunday is yet to be determined.

Leigh Bodden (ankle) and Alvin McKinley (shoulder) did not play Sunday but Crennel said he hopes the extra rest may make them available to play in Houston. Meanwhile, Andra Davis, who suffered a concussion vs. Baltimore two weeks ago and missed Sunday's game, is making slow progress.

Finally, Crennel said Nick Eason (foot), Joe Jurevicius (concussion), Dennis Northcutt (shoulder), Mason Unck (abdomen) and Kellen Winslow (knee), each of whom played Sunday, should be okay to take part in the season finale.
    That's interesting. Maybe he'll light it up with the help of his former UMiami teammate Winslow, but I doubt it. Still excited to see what happens though.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
      That's interesting. Maybe he'll light it up with the help of his former UMiami teammate Winslow, but I doubt it. Still excited to see what happens though.
      Hopefully he does well enough that it is a win. Then the offseason can finally 'officially' begin. Hopefully this offseason a real NFL coach can be hired and not some 3 decade long assistant getting his first crack as a HC. I wouldn't mind having Crennel demoted (but not fired) to become DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
        Hopefully he does well enough that it is a win. Then the offseason can finally 'officially' begin. Hopefully this offseason a real NFL coach can be hired and not some 3 decade long assistant getting his first crack as a HC. I wouldn't mind having Crennel demoted (but not fired) to become DC.
        Are you serious? Romeo Crennel is a fine coach, and should be given another opportunity. We've have had many injuries before the season, our offense of line was a mess to begin with, without our 1st string center, CB, etc....

As for dorsey starting, i don't really care, because hes not gonna end up starting next year, i actually want to lose this game, for the draft, why win this game and move back a couple spots?

But everybody has a right to their opinon.
        sigpic

Comment

he showed a few flashes with sf, never really got a consistent chance there.

i think miami should start cleo lemon vs indy week 17 too, just to evaluate him more.
          sigpic

Comment

That sucks...

I'm sorry.
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
              Are you serious? Romeo Crennel is a fine coach, and should be given another opportunity. We've have had many injuries before the season, our offense of line was a mess to begin with, without our 1st string center, CB, etc....

As for dorsey starting, i don't really care, because hes not gonna end up starting next year, i actually want to lose this game, for the draft, why win this game and move back a couple spots?

But everybody has a right to their opinon.
              Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion. But my opinion is quite different than yours.

Comment

Working...
              X