This weeks Whispers around the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed
    Why do people feel the need to point out that something similar has already been posted?

I don't get it....What's the point?

Hurricane saved me a trip to PFW.com!
    Its to try to get newer members to use the search feature and avoid clutter.

But the search doesn't always work.

It also could urge the thread starter to delete his post and move it to the existing thread.

It goes both ways sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
      Its to try to get newer members to use the search feature and avoid clutter.

But the search doesn't always work.

It also could urge the thread starter to delete his post and move it to the existing thread.

It goes both ways sometimes.
      I get that it annoys you guy's. I just don't know why!

I just don't it's an "offense" deserving of the reaction it usually get's.

If it's been done, move on to the next thread.

Comment

Doesn't bug me all the time.

This one didn't. Jay/Jake ones annoy the crap out of me.

Comment

hungry for news

I can't speak for everyone and it has been pointed out above that the main reason is to reduce clutter. But if you have a limited time for searching through the boards and participating you would prefer to focus on new items of actual news. Newer people usually get a pass for not searching to see if something was posted. But the reality is if the story is more than 6 hours old and it's from a major source then it has probably been posted on here twice.

Since I'm the person who commented on this particular occurence I'll add that I did it as politely as possible and I would hope others would do the same. I hate when people slam someone for this - I don't think that's necessary. But gently pointing out the obvious doesn't seem to be a big deal. But for me, I don't want to go around offending everyone so I'll just step aside - it's not worth getting anyone upset.
          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
          X