• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiehardinAlaska
    replied
    hungry for news

Originally posted by stnzed
    I get that it annoys you guy's. I just don't know why!

I just don't it's an "offense" deserving of the reaction it usually get's.

If it's been done, move on to the next thread.

I can't speak for everyone and it has been pointed out above that the main reason is to reduce clutter. But if you have a limited time for searching through the boards and participating you would prefer to focus on new items of actual news. Newer people usually get a pass for not searching to see if something was posted. But the reality is if the story is more than 6 hours old and it's from a major source then it has probably been posted on here twice.

Since I'm the person who commented on this particular occurence I'll add that I did it as politely as possible and I would hope others would do the same. I hate when people slam someone for this - I don't think that's necessary. But gently pointing out the obvious doesn't seem to be a big deal. But for me, I don't want to go around offending everyone so I'll just step aside - it's not worth getting anyone upset.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied

Doesn't bug me all the time.

This one didn't. Jay/Jake ones annoy the crap out of me.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by cinnamunmun
    Its to try to get newer members to use the search feature and avoid clutter.

But the search doesn't always work.

It also could urge the thread starter to delete his post and move it to the existing thread.

It goes both ways sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Why do people feel the need to point out that something similar has already been posted?

I don't get it....What's the point?

Hurricane saved me a trip to PFW.com!
    Its to try to get newer members to use the search feature and avoid clutter.

But the search doesn't always work.

It also could urge the thread starter to delete his post and move it to the existing thread.

It goes both ways sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    "Already a thread on this"

Why do people feel the need to point out that something similar has already been posted?

I don't get it....What's the point?

Hurricane saved me a trip to PFW.com!

Leave a comment:

• cinnamunmun
    replied
    Since it was posted in here...

Chris Simms did resign with the Bucs.

I believe the details were: 2 year deal, $5 mil guaranteed, and $14 mil some odd amount max with incentives.

I'll go look for a link...

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    well.. think of it this way. You got one more year out of Shields than you would have. I just find it funny that Roaf talked him out of retiring, then left him hanging as he didn't show up. THEN... he wouldn't even answer the phone when the team was calling him!! ahahaah He didn't want to look big Will in the eye.

I agree....Big Wiilie should of announced his retirement after the season ended...

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by KCLadyFan
    thats not funny.....
    well.. think of it this way. You got one more year out of Shields than you would have. I just find it funny that Roaf talked him out of retiring, then left him hanging as he didn't show up. THEN... he wouldn't even answer the phone when the team was calling him!! ahahaah He didn't want to look big Will in the eye.

Leave a comment:

• KCLadyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    he's retiring. He probably would have retired this season, but Roaf talked him into playing one more year..... then Roaf retired *laughs*
    thats not funny.....

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Morambar
    are they saying Will Shields is retiring, or just that he's leaving the Chiefs...? :drool:
    he's retiring. He probably would have retired this season, but Roaf talked him into playing one more year..... then Roaf retired *laughs*

Leave a comment:

• PatsCrowEater
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon
    like the same subject doesn't get posted on these boards 4 times a day.
    Exactly. Gee, I wonder if anybody else checks out profootballweekly.com?

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    like the same subject doesn't get posted on these boards 4 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    he deleted his post.... thinking we dont know what he said.

Leave a comment:

• Morambar
    replied
    So...

are they saying Will Shields is retiring, or just that he's leaving the Chiefs...? :drool:

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
    Whatever dude, I saw it and posted it, if it was already posted then my apologies but have fun with your alzheimers... jerk
    whats with the attitude?

• The snub of G Kris Dielman (who was named a first alternate) from the Pro Bowl team did not sit well with many people in Chargers camp, who felt he has clearly outplayed Will Shields, Brian Waters and Alan Faneca this season but fell victim to the other players' reputations.

i liked this bit!!! what about brady being 100 times more deserving then rivers. its another big ben situation, judge the QB on the teams record and not how they actually play.

• Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said that offseason rest will be just the cure for DE Mario Williams' plantar fasciitis in his left foot, and he insists that Williams will learn from the experience of playing in pain. Said Kubiak: "You're never going to be perfect in this league. Guys, from about the first month on, play beat up all year long. And also, it's something to be able to go out where you're not going to practice but still be an effective player. There are a lot of guys that can't do that, and he has played pretty good for a young kid who hasn't practiced much."

'played pretty good' does'nt cut it for a #1 pick - what a mistake!!!

• The way we hear it, Ravens rookie NT Haloti Ngata is even better than the team thought he was -- and Baltimore thought enough of him to trade up in last April's draft. Ngata filled an obvious need, but the Ravens are now convinced he can be a Pro Bowl-caliber performer.

we need someone like this at DT - i wanted him last year (although i was happy with the cutler pick which was unexpected)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X