X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, the Bengals sure love those criminals

LINKY

Ex-Cyclone Berryman Signs NFL Deal

Cincinnati, OH--Former Iowa State football player Jason Berryman has signed with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Berryman one of ten players signed to the team's offseason roster. He agreed to a two-year contract.

Berryman, a defensive end, last played for Iowa State in 2005. He was kicked off the team last February after being ticketed for being underage at a dance club.

In 2004, he spent 258 days in jail for punching a student and robbing him of four-dollars and cell phone.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Updated January 3, 2007, 4:38 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anybody else think Marvin Lewis would have made a perfect coach for the Raiders?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

*Insert ad hominem attack on the Browns here*
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

$4.00 and a cellphone....he should get time...if your gonna steal and then get time
      at least make it a good steal...
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

I've just obtained transcripts of the first phone call Berryman made after he stole the cell phone. Here it is:

Berryman: Sup? I just stole a cell phone and $4.00.

Thug Friend: You got $4.00? Say, do you have $5.00 I can borrow?

Berryman: But I only have $4.00.

Thug Friend: That's OK. You can owe me the extra buck.

Berryman: Duh, OK.

Gosh Cincy, Life is a Botch.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
          I've just obtained transcripts of the first phone call Berryman made after he stole the cell phone. Here it is:

Berryman: Sup? I just stole a cell phone and $4.00.

Thug Friend: You got $4.00? Say, do you have $5.00 I can borrow?

Berryman: But I only have $4.00.

Thug Friend: That's OK. You can owe me the extra buck.

Berryman: Duh, OK.

Gosh Cincy, Life is a Botch.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals

Great work Whodey
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Lol this whole thread is funny.

He goes to a dance club underage (I honestly don't think that's that big of a deal) but the stealing of a cell phone and $4.00 dollars!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                and robbing him of four-dollars

wth?
                Go Huskers.

Comment

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                    In 2004, he spent 258 days in jail for punching a student and robbing him of four-dollars and cell phone.
                    258 days for robbing someone of $4 and a cell phone? Who robs someone for that in the first place? I hope it was at least a really nice cell phone...

Glendale bound

Comment

Dude?

The Bengals fetish for criminals is starting to get obnoxious!

Is Marvin Lewis the one who decides who to sign/draft?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                        The Bengals fetish for criminals is starting to get obnoxious!

Is Marvin Lewis the one who decides who to sign/draft?
                        I'm starting to think he doesn't have as much control as we all believed. This signing came right after him saying that he was going to crack down with discipline and stuff, and I really don't think he would flat out lie and then sign a guy who just got out of jail. So I'm thinking that Mike Brown is keeping too much control and has decided that even if it's negative, his team needs publicity because Mike Brown is a moron.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                          I'm starting to think he doesn't have as much control as we all believed. This signing came right after him saying that he was going to crack down with discipline and stuff, and I really don't think he would flat out lie and then sign a guy who just got out of jail. So I'm thinking that Mike Brown is keeping too much control and has decided that even if it's negative, his team needs publicity because Mike Brown is a moron.
                          From the outside looking in, and hearing other reports around the league, I think Marvin just has too much faith in his ability to rehab all these bad apples... The man is a players' coach, no doubt about it, but at some point you have to say enough is enough and quit taking on so many of these 'fixer-uppers'.

I really don't have any knowledge of who has the power there and who is calling the shots, but I think alot of it has to do with Marvin's overconfidence in his own abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                            From the outside looking in, and hearing other reports around the league, I think Marvin just has too much faith in his ability to rehab all these bad apples... The man is a players' coach, no doubt about it, but at some point you have to say enough is enough and quit taking on so many of these 'fixer-uppers'.

I really don't have any knowledge of who has the power there and who is calling the shots, but I think alot of it has to do with Marvin's overconfidence in his own abilities.
                            That is a possibility, but the reason why I don't think that is the case on this one is because of the timing of it. If Marvin is going to say we are going to fix the discipline problems and all that and then immediately afterwards announce that they drafted this guy, then that makes him a huge hypocrite. Now from what I have seen since Marvin got here he is not a hypocrite by any means, so I think were he going to sign this guy he would have at least said that... before saying that they were going to fix the discipline problem, if he said it at all. So I don't know, I think he might have less than we thought before or that Mike Brown has taken some of the power he had. I firmly believe that Mike Brown is the only person in the organization dumb enough to do something like this, but I don't know so this is just my opinion.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                            X