Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dare I Ask, Which Other NFL Team(s) Do You like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare I Ask, Which Other NFL Team(s) Do You like?

I have my favs in sports, but I also like following other teams/players. If I watch a game that does not include my fav, I usually pull for one over the other, based on my preferences. Some folks say they are not interested in other teams in any sport, other than their fav. That's cool, but for me, it deprives of so much entertainment/enjoyment, especially if your team is long out of the race. And I do find it easy to pull for more than one team, especially if I do not live in or near a city that has a team.

So if The Broncos did not exist, who would you pull for? Can be multiple teams. Even with The Broncos alive and well, do you pull for certain other NFL teams?

The closest NFL team for me geographically is The Vikes. There are a number of season ticket holders here. I am not a real Vikes fan. But growing up north of the border, I had a wide open slate of teams to follow. In my case there were a number of favs over the years, until I fell for The Broncos. It happened in the 70s, but got solidified when Elway took over as QB. But over the decades I have pulled for Washington (in the John Riggins days), Miami (Marino), 49ers (Montana). And even now, if The Broncos are not playing, I lean towards The Packers and The Saints. Clearly I was a fan of their respective QBs almost since they became the teams' franchise QBs.

But all in all, in almost any sport, I will have a fav for each game. It makes sports more entertaining for me, but that's not why I do it. It's because it's natural. Admittedly, it may be just one or a few players that influence my preference. Maybe a coach sometimes. However it hits me.

So again, do you like other NFL teams?

My answers probably won't be very popular. Please understand that I grew up in the Bay Area, so early on, I liked the Raiders. I still like SF. NE. I was going to say KC, but it's really because of Mahomes. But no one tops the Broncos.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      My answers probably won't be very popular. Please understand that I grew up in the Bay Area, so early on, I liked the Raiders. I still like SF. NE. I was going to say KC, but it's really because of Mahomes. But no one tops the Broncos.
      I was a Raiders fan too, way back in the days of Stabler. I figured you still followed The Pats. Did you shift to Tampa a bit as well? That's ok (if so). Heck, I follow Tampa closer this year. As for Mahomes, hard not to enjoy watching this young man play. I think some folks dislike him because of his voice...you know, a bit different. Makes him sound a bit cocky but he's not a bad kid. He certainly is an all pro surgeon out there on the field. Sure, wrong team, but amazing to watch.

Can I ask then, who did you pull for in the SB? I'll admit, I leaned towards Andy and company. And are you not a Ravens fan (you probably mentioned this before).
      CanDB
      Football Immortal
      Last edited by CanDB; 12-05-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I was a Raiders fan too, way back in the days of Stabler. I figured you still followed The Pats. Did you shift to Tampa a bit as well? That's ok (if so). Heck, I follow Tampa closer this year. As for Mahomes, hard not to enjoy watching this young man play. I think some folks dislike him because of his voice...you know, a bit different. Makes him sound a bit cocky but he's not a bad kid. He certainly is an all pro surgeon out there on the field. Sure, wrong team, but amazing to watch.

Can I ask then, who did you pull for in the SB? I'll admit, I leaned towards Andy and company. And are you not a Ravens fan (you probably mentioned this before).
        I like Brady. I'd like to see him do good because so many think he's done. I don't mind Mahomes' voice. Easily recognizable. Fun to watch.

SF. Stronger ties there. And I love Kittle.

Ravens are my least favorite team. And, yes, I've mentioned it before (of course, I don't expect you or others to know that). It hurt when Wolfe went to them.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Currently I tend to pull for the Titans, Bills and Dolphins. Nice to see the latter two getting better and dominating the East for a change.

I liked the Steelers of the 70s and 90s, the P*triots from 1996-2002, the Bucs from 1997-2007, the Cardinals, and few others in hot phases.

I hate the P*nsies, Faiders, Chefs, Ratbirds, Cowpies, Seabags, and Steelers under Rapistberger and Triplin.
          L.M.
          Football Immortal
          Last edited by L.M.; 12-05-2020, 03:18 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I like Brady. I'd like to see him do good because so many think he's done. I don't mind Mahomes' voice. Easily recognizable. Fun to watch.

SF. Stronger ties there. And I love Kittle.

Ravens are my least favorite team. And, yes, I've mentioned it before (of course, I don't expect you or others to know that). It hurt when Wolfe went to them.
            And Shannon Sharpe and Trevor Pryce.

Comment

Players rather than whole teams for me:

Russell Wilson, Aaron Donald, Mahomes and Larry Fitzgerald especially. Players who make the impossible seem ridiculously easy.

Comment

E.a.g.l.e.s

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  Players rather than whole teams for me:

Russell Wilson, Aaron Donald, Mahomes and Larry Fitzgerald especially. Players who make the impossible seem ridiculously easy.
                  I did not go into much detail (other than the players I liked in the past), but sure, individual players of today are fun to watch/follow. Your group is an excellent one indeed. I like them all, but Fitz stands as one of the greatest in history and one of the most likable.

I like a number of others, including Kamara, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, The Watts, "canuck" Claypool, and so many more. Was a huge Kuechly fan as well.

Comment

2nd favorite: Chicago Bears....since about 1965. My father was a huge Bears fan. So, as many young boys do, they like the team dad likes. He didn't care for the AFL until the "official" merger in 1970. Living in Colorado Springs beginning in 1963, our family became huge Bronco fans in 1970.

After the Bears and not in any order I like the Titans, Saints, Vikings and Cardinals.

AND, on the other side of this NFL coin....I very much dislike the Dallas Cowboys....always will.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

It's the ole story....a fan is a fan is a fan, no matter which way they choose to be one. We have different views, different tastes, different values, different pretty much everything, so it is pretty hard to question who we cheer for, or who we don't care for. I could say I was not a Bears fan, but I saw Gale Sayers play, and Walter Payton, and they were a treat to watch, and to respect. Detroit was not my team, but Barry Sanders could do things I still can't understand. And even if you did not love The Giants, watching Lawrence Taylor roam the field was amazing! For sure I was not a Steel Curtain fan, but that was one of the most incredible Ds in history. I could give so many examples of teams/players I did not cheer for, but were in awe of, as competitors.

Comment

It's no secret that I'm also a Packers fan. I've been a Packers fan since birth. Grew up with Favre as my idol, my grandfather played for Green Bay. So from 92 til now I've been a fan. Denver I started being a fan of in 2002. Throughout the years ive always had to explain this to people bc they find it weird to be a fan of 2 teams. But NFL and Soccer are the only sports where that happens for me. I'm a Barcelona and Man United fan, but I'd so more a Barca fan.

Even in international, I'm a Brazil fan but also a USA fan. I'm loyal to these teams til death. But doesn't change that there is a taboo thought for a lot of ppl when it comes to more than one team being favored.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          It's no secret that I'm also a Packers fan. I've been a Packers fan since birth. Grew up with Favre as my idol, my grandfather played for Green Bay. So from 92 til now I've been a fan. Denver I started being a fan of in 2002. Throughout the years ive always had to explain this to people bc they find it weird to be a fan of 2 teams. But NFL and Soccer are the only sports where that happens for me. I'm a Barcelona and Man United fan, but I'd so more a Barca fan.

Even in international, I'm a Brazil fan but also a USA fan. I'm loyal to these teams til death. But doesn't change that there is a taboo thought for a lot of ppl when it comes to more than one team being favored.
                          This means you rooted for Green Bay to beat Denver in SB32! GACK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

This means you rooted for Green Bay to beat Denver in SB32! GACK!!!
                            Yes that is true. lol
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

My childhood best friend is a packers fan so they are my second favorite team then after that I mainly follow players like run cmc shenualt and higgins mainly
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X