The NFL 2020/21 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL 2020/21 Playoffs

Another year, another set of playoff games. In some ways it's amazing that we got here, bloodied but unbowed. I hope the covid is not a factor in the playoffs, but it may well be. Yes, I am disappointed that The Broncos have not made the playoffs since our SB win, but life goes on.

With just one "bye" in each conference, KC and The Pack have a real edge. Then again, home field is not as big a factor as in past. At one point this season, I can't remember how many weeks in, but the visiting teams actually had a better record than the home teams. The fans are missed!!

Saturday

Indy @ Buffalo - I believe Buffalo is on as good a run as anyone, and I do not rule out the chances of them making it to The SB

LARams @ Seattle - I am not overly keen on either team at this point, but someone's gotta win, and if Goff is unhealthy, Seattle is the pick. But I will say that Wilson's play has dropped off since earlier in the season. But winning games late is still one of his strengths.

Tampa @ Washington - I like Washington's D in this one, but Smith has to be more effective. If he can amass some pass game, and Gibson has another good game, we might see an upset. But right now it's Tampa. Tom and his receivers are tuning up for the playoffs.

Sunday

Baltimore @ Tennessee - I am really looking forward to this game. A rematch of sorts, but this time The Titans should be favoured. If Henry can't be slowed down, The Ravens are in some trouble. But I also like the way Tannehill can step it up, and include some pretty good receivers. All in all, this might be a last team scores wins game.

Chicago @ New Orleans - The Bears are not bad, but as long as Brees gets some RB help, I expect them to win by 10 or more points.

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh - Back to back games, but different rosters. I do not like the way The Steelers played in the latter part of the year, but I expect Roethlisberger and Watt to be the difference. Cleveland can change the outcome by forcing Ben into another sub par game, as we witnessed down the stretch re: his performances. He has to have a run game, because throwing 50 or more passes is not the Steelers' way.

The End Game

I see KC and Buffalo in a fight to the AFC finish. I would not be shocked if Allen and company beat them. Then again, Mahomes seems to have another gear.

I like The Pack in The NFC, but I sure wish they had Bahktiari. They won yesterday, and looked good, but I saw more pressure from Rodgers' left side than all year. I think The Saints could still get to The Dance. After that it will be on the shoulders of some QBs - Wilson and Brady. They will have to be at their best.

Looking forward to the Bucs and Washington as well as the Ravens/Titans rematch. Washington may not win but I expect them to rough Brady up and it’ll make it harder for Brady through the rest of the postseason should they beat Washington.

I think Lamar pulls it out against Tennessee. Tennessee’s defense has not played nearly as well as they did last season. The Ravens seemed to have ironed out their RB rotation. Passing game has been a question mark and it’ll continue to be until they add a true top tier WR. This actually might be a shootout through the run game, Henry is just a monster. AJ Brown can’t be ignored either.

I think the Bears/Saints will be a good game too. I think the Bears pull out an upset here. I like their defense and Montgomery has come on strong on offense. Allen Robinson is really underrated and Trubisky just keeps hanging around. Also can’t rule out a mid game switch which may pose some issues for the Saints from a gameplan perspective and we know what Foles can do in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Looking forward to the Bucs and Washington as well as the Ravens/Titans rematch. Washington may not win but I expect them to rough Brady up and it’ll make it harder for Brady through the rest of the postseason should they beat Washington.

I think Lamar pulls it out against Tennessee. Tennessee’s defense has not played nearly as well as they did last season. The Ravens seemed to have ironed out their RB rotation. Passing game has been a question mark and it’ll continue to be until they add a true top tier WR. This actually might be a shootout through the run game, Henry is just a monster. AJ Brown can’t be ignored either.

I think the Bears/Saints will be a good game too. I think the Bears pull out an upset here. I like their defense and Montgomery has come on strong on offense. Allen Robinson is really underrated and Trubisky just keeps hanging around. Also can’t rule out a mid game switch which may pose some issues for the Saints from a gameplan perspective and we know what Foles can do in the playoffs.
      I may have some different predictions but yes, there may be some upsets in this whacky season. One has to hang tough til game days to know who is playing, for covid and injury reasons. I heard Diggs and Beasley were iffy, though someone told me Diggs will be there. Not sure the status of Kamara and the other Saints' backs. As for The Rams, will Goff be there, and if so, will he be effective? Hard to bet against Seattle this weekend. And you wonder, how much does a team miss their HC....as in Cleveland?

As for The Ravens...can they stop Henry and the play action style, and a Tannehill dude who has become relevant again these last 2 seasons? But as you say, they are lacking a bit, and I would say their D has got to show up.

Overall I am excited for both days. Lots of games! And with this new format, lots on the line, with only 2 teams taking a rest. In the end I still think the top 2 in The AFC are KC and Buffalo, but in The NFC it's GB and a dog fight between several teams....whoever gets momentum.

Comment

I’m rooting for the Bills. Let’s go. Rivers usually chokes in these types of games.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Indy has so many nice components to it. I am happy to see Hilton play good ball again, and Pittman looks like an Keenan Allen type receiver. Some nice RBs, and a really good Oline. And we all remember what a great selection Nelson was at guard. Nice D as well, led by Leonard.

I see Buffalo winning, but Indy is no slouch, and could upset.
          Last edited by CanDB; 01-09-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

That TD is exactly why Josh is so dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              That TD is exactly why Josh is so dangerous.
              Impressive play. It definitely wasn't drawn up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Impressive play. It definitely wasn't drawn up like that.
                Haha....like, "OK, I'm going to run right up to the wall of defenders and then hesitate and throw one out to a wide open TE." Just as planned!

I think Josh was really good last year but seemed in too big a stage when he tried too hard in the Houston playoff loss. Now he looks like a potential league MVP, maybe for years to come. He has it all.
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-09-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Whoa....if Indy connects on that 4th down pass to Pittman, this game may be in big time jeopardy. He was open,

Comment

When I watch good receivers keep themselves inbounds while making a catch I challenge the old saying, "Don't drag your feet."

Comment

Great 1st half. This game could go either way. So far it's been about inches, and if anything, Buffalo has won most of those plays. Not saying lucky, but like most sports, an inch can be critical.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Great 1st half. This game could go either way. So far it's been about inches, and if anything, Buffalo has won most of those plays. Not saying lucky, but like most sports, an inch can be critical.
                        No doubt. The pressure getting to Rivers just in time on the 4th and goal play has been the difference thus far.

Comment

I knew Indy would be dangerous. This may be the Bills' toughest game.

Comment

Whoever loses this game is a really good team.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea why possibly the best game of the playoffs has been scheduled for early afternoon on Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                              X