No announcement yet.

The NFL 2020/21 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Browns will probably get Denzel Ward back for the next game as well as Kevin Johnson. That’ll definitely help their defense out but they’re going to need their dline to show up in a big way to pull it out. Chubb and Hunt should be able to play keep away effectively which should give them a puncher’s chance. Mayfield will have to play lights out, he’s been safe since Odell went down but he’ll have to take chances if they want to pull out the upset.

Comment

• Yeah in fairness to The Browns, they deserve some real credit for their victory, given their roster situation. No HC, key players missing, people say hi for the first time. I guess I have never been fully on the Mayfield express, starting right from the draft. But he can win games. But he's terrible under pressure, and I believe KC will exploit that if the game plan calls for him to hang tough. In that regard, if I'm Cleveland I use my backs as much as possible, and get the TEs more involved. Gotta use Landry of course, but keep Mayfield from pressure.

Then again, the SB champs are going to be healthier and ready. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill alone are a load. They've got much more and a decent D.

Comment

• Four more really interesting games this coming weekend.

Saturday

Rams @ Green Bay - I like Aaron Donald and some aspects of their D, but even if he's healthy, I can see GB taking the next step....possibly by 10 points. LA's run game will be critical to any success they may have

Ravens @ Buffalo - I am a believer in The Bills, but this will be a tough one. But Allen is so talented and determined, and Buffalo has a good D. Unless The Ravens can get some TOs and high O production, I see Buffalo winning by 6 points.

Sunday

Browns @ KC - Even though Cleveland will have a healthier roster, I believe KC wins by 10. There is little to tell me that KC is in any jeopardy, given they seem healthy and are out to prove last year was not a one time thing. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and more.

Bucs @ New Orleans - This one is cool. The ole boys winging the pigskin for the right to make the conference championship! Brees on the verge of retirement and Brady trying to add to his resume, and in this case, minus Belichick. Overall I think NO is the better team. But at this point, I would not bet much on them. I will lean towards The Saints by 3 points, but if Tampa wins, they may have momentum to win it all.

Comment

• I’m about as excited for the Bucs/Saints game as I was for Patriots/Seahawks super bowl. If I had to pick I’d probably want the Bucs to win just because the joy I get from the Saints losing probably isn’t healthy lol.

Green Bay in a snooze fest.

KC probably wins by 2 scores but I hope they come out and take the Browns for granted.

Bills and Ravens will be interesting. This could be a blowout in favor of the Bills. It’ll depend on which Ravens defense shows up. I don’t think they’ve peaked on that side of the ball yet and I think Martindale holds them back in some aspects. Being over aggressive will bite them big time so I hope they play a little more conservative. Lamar will do Lamar things but he’s going to have to be accurate in the pocket and he’s going to have to complete passes outside the numbers. Might be a good idea to see if Ingram has a little more flame on his candle and he should be fresh with how few carries he’s received. Dez will need to channel his younger self to draw some attention away from Brown.

Comment

• Now that we are in post season play, Eagles fire Pederson. I was really ticked at him for his ridiculous replacement of Hurts with a backup in that key playoff related game against Washington. I think he lost most of the room, and I have no problem with the firing. It was a pathetic move on his part. It seems a wee bit strong, but cmon, he was not acting in good faith if you ask me.

Comment

• Buffalo lost Moss for the rest of the season, which is a blow to their run game. Moss and Singletary make for a pretty solid Rbackfield. However they have signed Devonta Freeman from The Giants to potentially fill the void. Freeman has been injured and on covid reserve for a lengthy period, but he did appear to take over the starter position after the loss of Barkley, earlier this season. Not sure what he has in the tank, but he could be an insurance measure, and possibly provide some value add.

Comment

• Per Adam Schefter.....

Packers officially signed OT Jared Veldheer, who this weekend is expected to become the first player in NFL history to play for two teams in the same postseason. Veldheer started for the Colts last Saturday and will play for Packers this Saturday.

With Bakhtiari gone, this sounds like a very smart move.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Buffalo lost Moss for the rest of the season, which is a blow to their run game. Moss and Singletary make for a pretty solid Rbackfield. However they have signed Devonta Freeman from The Giants to potentially fill the void. Freeman has been injured and on covid reserve for a lengthy period, but he did appear to take over the starter position after the loss of Barkley, earlier this season. Not sure what he has in the tank, but he could be an insurance measure, and possibly provide some value add.
                  I think this is a bigger blow than many would expect. Moss gave them some punch in the running game that I don’t quite see from Singletary. And at some point the Bills will have to hand it off and get yardage consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think this is a bigger blow than many would expect. Moss gave them some punch in the running game that I don’t quite see from Singletary. And at some point the Bills will have to hand it off and get yardage consistently.
                    Yeah, I think Moss is the stronger short yardage back that you need at this time of the season. Again, if Freeman is healthy, he might make up the difference.

Comment

• Interesting dynamics in place in The Bills/Ravens game. The Ravens blitz the most of any team, and Allen has the second most passing yardage under pressure. Love the conflicting products in play. I give an edge to Allen, because like a good counter puncher, he seems to thrive when teams come after him. I can see some screens, draws, QB rushes, and even lengthy one on one targets to Diggs and others, given the depletion of defenders in such situations.

I think The Ravens should fake blitzes a few times to cross him up, otherwise it could be a significant advantage for The Bills. Hey, I'm pulling for Buffalo, so bring it on!!!
                      Last edited by CanDB; 01-14-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Rams in really tough, even mentioning that Wolford can not play, leaving them with injured Goff, and yes, Blake Bortles. Give 'em credit though, cuz they beat Seattle.

Comment

• That Baltimore moneyline moves every time I look. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            That Baltimore moneyline moves every time I look. lol.
                            What's the storyline? Bet on them, don't bet on them? No doubt this is a tighty!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

What's the storyline? Bet on them, don't bet on them? No doubt this is a tighty!
                              I like Baltimore. I liked them a little more earlier in the week, but yeah. I want no part of that KC game, GB game, or Bucs game though.

Let me rephrase that. I want no part of KC giving 10 or whatever it is now.
                              Last edited by Spice 1; 01-16-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Let’s go Rams. I know this is going against conventional wisdom but I think Aaron Rogers is highly over rated. I can’t stand him.

I can’t stand the “he’s a BAD man” narrative. It’s carried him and has covered up his poor play in the playoffs.

I know many of my colleagues love him, but I can’t stand him. I think he’s arrogant and entitled and comes off as if none of the rules don’t apply to him.

I want nothing to do with him.
                                Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-16-2021, 02:28 PM.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X