Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami's Enviable Draft Position

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I would definitely consider tagging and trading Justin Simmons, Bradley Chubb and number 9 for number 3 if Sewell was still on the board. With both Miller and Chubb with contracts about to expire, I would rather see if Von would give us a team discount so he can retire a Bronco and save on not paying Simmons(who I agree is a great player), but is not worth top 3 money at Safety. I would rather our money went to addressing our upcoming holes on Dline and EDGE.
    I am not against a trade, but I think that's too rich. Can we replace those two players and upgrade the team just by picking 3rd? But if we did make that sort of move, we'd have to select Edge, and we'd have to wait til round 2. Plus we'd need a decent Safety....and a CB. I just think this type of trade would deplete our D too much. And unless we made it happen in advance, how do we approach FA, not knowing exactly how we will replace those 2 talented players?

    Hey, it's still fun to discuss possibilities.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-06-2021, 08:50 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      I would definitely consider tagging and trading Justin Simmons, Bradley Chubb and number 9 for number 3 if Sewell was still on the board. With both Miller and Chubb with contracts about to expire, I would rather see if Von would give us a team discount so he can retire a Bronco and save on not paying Simmons(who I agree is a great player), but is not worth top 3 money at Safety. I would rather our money went to addressing our upcoming holes on Dline and EDGE.
      so you wanna focus on improving the d line and edge defender...by trading a probowl chubb?? and one of the best safties in the game....not following that at all ?
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

        There's a solution. Just pass this thread on by.

        FTR....I put it here because its about the draft, and yes, it could stimulate some discussion relative to The Broncos. But wherever it fits is where it will fit.

        And I can assure you, given that we are out of the playoffs, there will be plenty of repetitive discussions to join in on, about our team. Not repetitive threads, but repetitive themes.

        There's a long time before we draft.
        I understand what your saying.. But this post was only talking about how good the Dolphins have it. How they are gonna be set for years and all that good stuff...

        Good post... Just belongs on a Dolphins forum IMO
        "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JSwint22 View Post

          I understand what your saying.. But this post was only talking about how good the Dolphins have it. How they are gonna be set for years and all that good stuff...

          Good post... Just belongs on a Dolphins forum IMO
          To be sure, I posted here because that's where I thought it fit. To add, I love many sports, and I have many favs. But once my team or favourite competitor is out of the game so to speak, I automatically find someone to cheer for, and it is usually not that hard. And I might be incorrect, but it sure makes sports more fun when you can cheer for someone almost every game or match. This is how I've been all my life. It actually goes beyond sports.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by JSwint22 View Post

            I understand what your saying.. But this post was only talking about how good the Dolphins have it. How they are gonna be set for years and all that good stuff...

            Good post... Just belongs on a Dolphins forum IMO
            That's why it was moved here. Plus the title. There was no mention of the Broncos. Draft forum is a sub-forum of Broncos Football, meaning that things should be related to the Broncos.
            Administrator

            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

            Lupus Awareness

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • #21
              Anyway.....back to the content of what I believe is a thread worth discussing:

              In terms of draft power, The Jags have 5,365.6 total draft value in 2021, while The Jets are second at 4,453.9 and Miami is next at 4,323.1....which are all very high levels. I believe every other team is well under 3,000. For reference, The Broncos have 2,258.7 points worth, and The pats have 1,633.5. These are vastly less than the Jags and Dolphins.

              So those three franchises in theory can do some nice upgrades. The Jags have to. Lawrence will be their guy. But part of these totals includes the significant values attached to top picks, in this case, The Jags lose 3,000 after Lawrence. But lets be clear, the remaining 2,365.6 is still higher than many other teams, including The Broncos. The Jets are more 1st pick weighted, but Miami has 2,123.1 points left, after their 1st pick....which is again, better than the entire drafts of some teams (ie. The pats).

              And because this is more about Miami, when you have that draft power, and potentially more in the event of a trade from some QB hungry team (or otherwise), AND you barely missed out of the playoffs, AND might have your young franchise QB, things look pretty solid.

              Last edited by CanDB; 01-07-2021, 03:53 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Though this is not a Broncos thread, one has to consider the approaches teams take to strengthen their future. Miami has made maneuvers to acquire a load of draft picks of late, and it may pay off. Some trades were questionable, but the end game was to stock up big time. In 2020 they had 4 of the first 39 picks (3 in round one). This year includes the 2nd most draft value of all teams. Two seasons back to back with this much potential can completely change a team's future. As long as they got at least equal trade value and they had proper scouting.

                Not saying we should follow their lead, but it will be fun to see how our new GM approaches roster management.
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-07-2021, 05:46 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  They definitely have a lot of picks, they’ll need to make them count. They had a good season this year but I don’t think they are as good as their record says. They still have a lot of holes to fill. Tua can mask that if he progresses but if he doesn’t they can be looking at the basement again. I think Devonta Smith would be huge for his development and I do think they have a potentially good RB in Ahmed. Outside of that it’s a bunch of guys marred with consistency issues.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    They definitely have a lot of picks, they’ll need to make them count. They had a good season this year but I don’t think they are as good as their record says. They still have a lot of holes to fill. Tua can mask that if he progresses but if he doesn’t they can be looking at the basement again. I think Devonta Smith would be huge for his development and I do think they have a potentially good RB in Ahmed. Outside of that it’s a bunch of guys marred with consistency issues.
                    Definitely going big time after a WR, and chances are they will get a really good one. I think they will add to their RB stable, but I like Gaskin even more than Ahmed....so it's not a bad situation. Good D for the most part. For me it comes down to Tua. He looked good but had some rookie issues. Fitz can't always be there to save the day.
                    Last edited by CanDB; 01-08-2021, 08:57 AM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X