fyi browns hire 3 new assistant coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fyi browns hire 3 new assistant coaches

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Browns hire 3 assistant coaches
    Story Tools:
    Print Email Blog This
    Associated Press
    Posted: 18 hours ago

CLEVELAND (AP) - The Cleveland Browns added three assistant coaches Monday, hiring Steve Marshall as offensive line coach, Tom Myslinski as strength and conditioning coach and Alan DeGennaro as assistant strength and conditioning coach.

Marshall was offensive line coach for the Houston Texans from 2004-05 after many seasons coaching lines at the collegiate level.

Myslinski spent three seasons with the Browns as a part-time assistant strength coach and assistant strength and conditioning coach from 2002-04.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel has spent the offseason overhauling his staff and still must hire coaches for special teams, wide receivers and assistant offensive line and offensive quality. Maurice Carthon, who resigned as the Browns offensive coordinator six games into last season, was hired Monday as the running backs coach for Arizona.

keep an eye out for these guys they will be in denver soon ....
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Wow, these signings....the only signing i liked so far was the running backs coach and the OC,but if they are gonna continue to hire bums we never heard about, why don't they take a chance and let me be a coach?

I'll admit, we're hiring guys that appear to be nothing special. Heck even Chud isn't that great of a candidate, I mean yeah he ran a good offense at the U but in the pros he hasn't done a whole lot.

Chud is the hire I've liked the most so far this offseason but even he has some big question marks about how he'll run an offense at the NFL level, that said I think and hope he can succeed of course. Just a matter of if he'll have time. IMO, if rom C gets fired after this season, hes taking everybody with him.
    sigpic

Comment

Daisher named special teams coordinator

Just adding to your thread here.

Daisher named special teams coordinator
      Cleveland Browns Home: The official source of the latest Browns headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information

The Browns have named Ted Daisher as special teams coordinator, the club announced Tuesday.

Daisher spent 2006 as special teams coordinator of the Oakland Raiders and the previous two seasons as the Philadelphia Eagles special teams quality control coach from 2004-05.

Daisher, 52, spent 22 seasons as an assistant coach in the college ranks, including stints at East Carolina (2001-02, outside linebackers and defensive ends), Indiana (1998-2000, defensive line), Army (1995-97, defensive line), Cincinnati (1989-92, defensive line), Eastern Michigan (1985-88, defensive ends), Northern Illinois (1980-84), and Illinois (1979).

Both Northern Illinois and Eastern Michigan won Mid-American Conference championships while he was on the staff of the respective institutions. Daisher coached future NFL players Vaughn Booker and Ronnie Dixon at Cincinnati, and Pro Bowl DE Adewale Ogunleye (Chicago) and Kemp Rasmussen (Seattle) at Indiana.

In 2003, he served as head coach at East Mecklenberg (N.C.) High School and led them to a 7-4 regular season record and a playoff berth. He also served as head coach at Fenwick (Ill.) High School from 1993-94. Daisher spent the 1978 football season coaching receivers and defensive backs at Kalamazoo (Mich.) Christian High School.
      sigpic

Comment

Never really heard of this guy, but he has quite a resume. I watched a couple of raider games here and there, and it seems like their special teams got pretty good field position for the offense.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
          Never really heard of this guy, but he has quite a resume. I watched a couple of raider games here and there, and it seems like their special teams got pretty good field position for the offense.
          He is not even close to what Rosburg was and is.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
            He is not even close to what Rosburg was and is.
            He isn't, but i hope we can keep the same specical team gameplans that we use to have somehow.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
              hahaha....

Do you have any idea how hard it is to read these browns reports, and not reply?

You know....

.....some coaches are just meant to be coordinators......

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I don't like Ted Daisher & I was glad he is out of Oakland, we had great players on special teams like punter Shane Lechler & Jarrod Cooper but Daisher was never popular with the players as everything (including the special teams) with the Oakland Raiders was going backwards. Even Daisher challenged players to fight on the sideline & yelled at fellow assistants.

YYour hire of Ted Daisher gets a big thumbs down from me

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
                  I don't like Ted Daisher & I was glad he is out of Oakland, we had great players on special teams like punter Shane Lechler & Jarrod Cooper but Daisher was never popular with the players as everything (including the special teams) with the Oakland Raiders was going backwards. Even Daisher challenged players to fight on the sideline & yelled at fellow assistants.

YYour hire of Ted Daisher gets a big thumbs down from me
                  Same here from me.

Another poor decision by the FO.

The good news though...

Daisher

LOOKS LIKE

BARRY BOSTWICK
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                  X