Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL To Expand To 17 Games

Per Adam Schefter....

NFL is expected to expand the regular season schedule this week to 17 games. The league had played a 16-game regular season schedule since 1978, by far the longest stretch without a change in NFL history.

What are your thoughts?

I was ok with 16. I think it just adds more injury potential, and likely does not help in terms of preseason assessments. Plus, and I'm a bit of a purist at times, it sure messes with all the records!

But progress does not always make everyone happy. Mind you, progress for The NFL = revenues.

As an aside, not sure if 100% valid, but one source says that The Broncos' additional game will be home field against The Lions. Hmmm....that feels a little better!

My tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is that they are adding more and more games so that they can add a couple new teams to the league.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
      My tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is that they are adding more and more games so that they can add a couple new teams to the league.
      If it translates to revenue....it will on their bucket list.
      Last edited by CanDB; 03-31-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
        I don’t know how adding a game leads to more teams.

My dream scenario before they added a 17th game would have been to add a team to each conference and eliminate the divisions. Each team would play conference opponents once and the best team in each conference would play each other in the Super Bowl.

They’ll never reduce the playoffs but it would be nice if they did.

The players should have insisted on a change in how bye weeks are done.

Half the league should have a bye week in week 9 and the other half in week 10.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I don’t know how adding a game leads to more teams.

My dream scenario before they added a 17th game would have been to add a team to each conference and eliminate the divisions. Each team would play conference opponents once and the best team in each conference would play each other in the Super Bowl.

They’ll never reduce the playoffs but it would be nice if they did.

The players should have insisted on a change in how bye weeks are done.

Half the league should have a bye week in week 9 and the other half in week 10.
          Right. Two bye weeks, an expanded roster and practice squad should have been considered more seriously.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
          X