Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown



    Traded a 1st, a 3rd, a 4th, and a 5th next year for Brown, a 2nd, and a 6th next year.

  • #2
    The Chiefs have overhauled their Oline before the draft itself, and on paper, look pretty solid.

    Very smart maneuvering. The price is large, but a young pro bowler at the Tackle position makes sense, even if giving up their late 1st rounder, and the 3rd and 4th this year (pus 5th next). They will have taken care of their Oline and they now have 2 2nds this year to take care of other needs, along with a 4th, 2 5ths, and a 6.

    I can see them acquiring a WR in 2, along with an Edge or other pressure defender.

    They will be tough again.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-23-2021, 07:15 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I made this thread kinda but I was looking in chiefs chats that's where I thought it was gonna be put
      they paid alot for brown but at the same brown is probably a better tackle then they would have got from the draft
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        I made this thread kinda but I was looking in chiefs chats that's where I thought it was gonna be put
        they paid alot for brown but at the same brown is probably a better tackle then they would have got from the draft
        My understanding is that Brown has made the NFL shift to LT, and will expect to get paid for that at some point. But Baltimore has Stanley at LT, so unless Brown moves back to RT, it is a situation that needed a resolution. Brown is a pro bowler, so KC will gladly give him the LT job, and eventually have to look at a pay increase. They will be fine if he excels at LT....because you pay for such talent. And yes, no guarantees with late first round LTs.

        Having said that, they have remained extremely competitive with a remake of The Oline we saw in The SB. Thuney is a stud. They likely get Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back from his one year of medical stint volunteering as a doctor for covid-19. And they signed others as well.

        So another "lets win now" maneuvering in the offseason, which allows them to focus on Edge/WR types. This is another deep WR class.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post

          My understanding is that Brown has made the NFL shift to LT, and will expect to get paid for that at some point. But Baltimore has Stanley at LT, so unless Brown moves back to RT, it is a situation that needed a resolution. Brown is a pro bowler, so KC will gladly give him the LT job, and eventually have to look at a pay increase. They will be fine if he excels at LT....because you pay for such talent. And yes, no guarantees with late first round LTs.

          Having said that, they have remained extremely competitive with a remake of The Oline we saw in The SB. Thuney is a stud. They likely get Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back from his one year of medical stint volunteering as a doctor for covid-19. And they signed others as well.

          So another "lets win now" maneuvering in the offseason, which allows them to focus on Edge/WR types. This is another deep WR class.
          They haven't replaced RT. They still have holes on the oline. I dont know how I feel about blythe at center. It will be interesting. They are counting on one of there other ot such as Lucas Niang to step up. Cause last thing they want is Mike Remmers starting about Von Miller
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

            They haven't replaced RT. They still have holes on the oline. I dont know how I feel about blythe at center. It will be interesting. They are counting on one of there other ot such as Lucas Niang to step up. Cause last thing they want is Mike Remmers starting about Von Miller
            I understand, but if they are not feeling great yet, they can still draft a Tackle. With Brown, Thuney and D-T, they have 3 Oliners they did not have in The SB.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Brown should be an upgrade to fisher. But losing Schwartez is huge he was the best rt in the nfl for the past few season. I don't think any one other then Teven Jenkins could match him but he would still need development. They are really hoping on niang with this. Also there tackles will be huge next season
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment

              Working...
              X