Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around The League - 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Sean Payton is stepping down as Saints' head coach.
    He sounds burned out, and networks are already jumping to hire him as an analyst.

    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

      He sounds burned out, and networks are already jumping to hire him as an analyst.
      I think he'll retire. He's been coaching for 34 years, 16 of them at the Saints. Time to move on.

      Comment


      • I really like Payton. If not for one of the worst calls in NFL history and a fluky pass play, he might have at least one more SB ring.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

          I think he'll retire. He's been coaching for 34 years, 16 of them at the Saints. Time to move on.
          That's where I'd put my money.

          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

            I think he'll retire. He's been coaching for 34 years, 16 of them at the Saints. Time to move on.
            He’s not retiring. He said as much in his press conference.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

              He’s not retiring. He said as much in his press conference.
              Although I can see him maybe coming back in a year, if the right team/offer comes his way. and although I did not see the entire press conference, where did he say he was going to coach again?

              Comment


              • Byron Leftwich appointed HC of the Jaguars.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  Byron Leftwich appointed HC of the Jaguars.
                  Might begin the chain of events that causes Tom to retire.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    Might begin the chain of events that causes Tom to retire.
                    AAron to TB!

                    Comment


                    • Both Frazier and Daboll possibly leaving Buffalo. But McDermott says that if Daboll leaves, Josh Allen will have a say in who replaces him. That's the right approach. You want to win, you include key players in the discussion whenever it makes sense to do so. It not only helps you make good decisions, but it makes that player want to play for you even more.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                        AAron to TB!
                        Haha...

                        Not so cold!

                        Actually it appears Tampa is going to lose some talent along with coaching. Might not be the place.

                        Bring back Winston!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                          Although I can see him maybe coming back in a year, if the right team/offer comes his way. and although I did not see the entire press conference, where did he say he was going to coach again?
                          He said he wasn’t done with football but at this time his heart is not in it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                            He said he wasn’t done with football but at this time his heart is not in it.
                            Fair enough, but the point we are discussing is whether he retires from coaching. Sure, he may come back as a coach, or a manager, or a tv commentator, or even as a business owner. But he may not come back as a coach.

                            Comment


                            • I am simply happy that widdle, bitty baby Jim Harbaugh is staying at MI so I don't have to see his whiny, arrogant face in the NFL.

                              Combined with Brady quitting (hopefully that doesn't change), NE/KC/LV all being face punched out of the playoffs... I'm super happy with football right now .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                                Fair enough, but the point we are discussing is whether he retires from coaching. Sure, he may come back as a coach, or a manager, or a tv commentator, or even as a business owner. But he may not come back as a coach.
                                He said he’s not done coaching. He’s going to do TV for a year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X