Around The League - 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Bosa’s statement is only his opinion and it is likely a wrong opinion.
    Bosa's statement comes from a real life, 3 time pro bowler. What number do you wear?

Comment

• I wear whatever number I want to wear because I’m that damn great!👌🏾👍🏾
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl
      Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• I guess we can now see how good The AFC West is, given KC is in 4th place. I do agree that The Chargers might bee seeded #1 in The West, based on their record and their victory last night......"on the road" at home.

As for the crowd, it was getting loud on both sides last night. Wonder how many fisticuffs there were, given the Raiders' reputation???

And the funny part of the night was watching Gruden as they told him the game was being delayed because of the thunderstorm.

("aren't we playing indoors?")

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ivated-critics

And Derek Carr, a multi year starter and one time mvp candidate clearly disagrees with Joey Bosa. He wears #4.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ivated-critics

And Derek Carr, a multi year starter and one time mvp candidate clearly disagrees with Joey Bosa. He wears #4.

I'm shocked! I thought Carr was going to say that Bosa was right. I thought he'd admit that he shuts down when hit.

Comment

• You ever wonder why some guys just get bounced around the league regardless of how well they perform. Carlos Hyde has generally been a productive RB when called upon yet he can’t get a starting spot since he left San Francisco. Alex Collins is another guy, I thought he’d be an elite RB coming out of Arkansas once he solved his fumbling issues. Instead he’s bounced around and even missed 2019.

Comment

Solid day so far for Justin Fields. It would seem they have a better game plan this week. Of course it helps that they’re playing the Lions.
                Well, it’s been decided that Justin Fields is a better option than Andy Dalton on top of being a better option than a Super Bowl MVP.
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Bad news is Russell Wilson has an injury.

Good news is he just lost to the Rams.

It’s always a good day when Russell Wilson loses.
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Geno Smith actually looked really good. Some of it was the Rams backing off but he looked poised and in control. A shame that they didn’t call the contact that led to his WR falling down, it seemed incidental, but I would’ve liked to see if Geno could have pulled it out.

Also the oline got a lot better when he came in. Wilson can complain about them all he wants, but he creates a lot of the hits he takes by holding on to the ball forever trying to hit the deep ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      Geno Smith actually looked really good. Some of it was the Rams backing off but he looked poised and in control. A shame that they didn’t call the contact that led to his WR falling down, it seemed incidental, but I would’ve liked to see if Geno could have pulled it out.

Also the oline got a lot better when he came in. Wilson can complain about them all he wants, but he creates a lot of the hits he takes by holding on to the ball forever trying to hit the deep ball.
                      I agree with what you say, but I think Geno had the advantage of not being overly prepared for, given Wilson does not miss playing time. Geno has good experience and has shown his ability over the years, so he still can make things happen. But if The Rams had planned the game around him, and probably not given him as much dback space, I think he would have been a little less successful than he was over 60 minutes. But it is true, Wilson can not play the same style of game forever, because he can not avoid pressure like he once did. He appears a step slower. And though I've always respect his talent and winning ways, at some point his tendency of playing his best in the latter parts of games can not be as expected as he loses that escape talent that he has always had.

Comment

• I do not feel sorry for KC but they do have an early season tough schedule, which culminates on Sunday night against The Bills. The first 4: The Browns, @ Ravens, Chargers, @ Eagles, and now The Bills, is a test. 3 and 2 would make them a real threat, but 2 and 3 is not only possible, but does make their quest for a secure playoff position less positive. Too early but a couple more losses and they could be at the mercy of the remaining 3 divisional teams. For all AFC West teams, I think 11 wins is a must. 10 and 7 is respectable, but it's much different than what 10 and 6 was.

Meanwhile The Bills are a contender, but 3 and 2 will not sit well with them just the same.

Comment

• On the Geno Smith topic, maybe he would have had an overall better career if he accepted just being a backup. I feel like there is so much lack of value in having a good backup. Watching so many Packers games in my day, the best of worst situations was when GB had a good backup. When Rodgers went down, Flynn stepped in, and the team didn't really miss a beat. Flynn wasn't a good starter and had no business ever being one, but as a backup? Excellent.

I know no player wants to come out of college and just be a backup. But if it seems like the starting job isn't working, accepting the role could be what leads to having a long career or a short career. That's kinda of what I want from Lock, I want Lock to be a good backup. Someone we could confidently put in for a couple games if the star goes down.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            On the Geno Smith topic, maybe he would have had an overall better career if he accepted just being a backup. I feel like there is so much lack of value in having a good backup. Watching so many Packers games in my day, the best of worst situations was when GB had a good backup. When Rodgers went down, Flynn stepped in, and the team didn't really miss a beat. Flynn wasn't a good starter and had no business ever being one, but as a backup? Excellent.

I know no player wants to come out of college and just be a backup. But if it seems like the starting job isn't working, accepting the role could be what leads to having a long career or a short career. That's kinda of what I want from Lock, I want Lock to be a good backup. Someone we could confidently put in for a couple games if the star goes down.
                            Maybe it takes a few season and at least not making it as a starter with a couple of teams for a QB to accept a permanent back up role. If I were Lock and the Broncos made it clear that I would never be a starter, I would at least try my luck with another team before deciding to accept a secondary role somewhere.

Comment

• Jets v Falcons starting in 20 mins in London. It's a very mild 17C in London today - ideal conditions. Could be a bad teams shoot out!

Comment

• So far the old guy is kicking the young guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X