X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Jim Rome reported that during his interview with Shad Khan and Trent Baalke, Khan asked Doug Pederson if he felt he could work with Baalke. How many potential candidates declined a request by Baalke to be interviewed? One wonders what the situation is in Jacksonville with the owner and his GM.
    Baalke has a bad reputation.
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...1_127_36873557

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Doug Pederson appointed HC of the Jaguars. It's a surprise develoment as it seemed for all money as if Leftwich had got the job - and some media had even reported as such last week.
    Jim Rome reported that during his interview with Shad Khan and Trent Baalke, Khan asked Doug Pederson if he felt he could work with Baalke. How many potential candidates declined a request by Baalke to be interviewed? One wonders what the situation is in Jacksonville with the owner and his GM.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied

Doug Pederson appointed HC of the Jaguars. It's a surprise develoment as it seemed for all money as if Leftwich had got the job - and some media had even reported as such last week.
    Leftwich withdrew himself from consideration because he didn't want to work with Jags GM Trent Baalke. He wanted them to hire Adrian Wilson from the Cardinals.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Byron Leftwich appointed HC of the Jaguars.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Fair enough, but the point we are discussing is whether he retires from coaching. Sure, he may come back as a coach, or a manager, or a tv commentator, or even as a business owner. But he may not come back as a coach.
    He said he’s not done coaching. He’s going to do TV for a year.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    I am simply happy that widdle, bitty baby Jim Harbaugh is staying at MI so I don't have to see his whiny, arrogant face in the NFL.

Combined with Brady quitting (hopefully that doesn't change), NE/KC/LV all being face punched out of the playoffs... I'm super happy with football right now .

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Locutus View Post
    He said he wasn’t done with football but at this time his heart is not in it.
    Fair enough, but the point we are discussing is whether he retires from coaching. Sure, he may come back as a coach, or a manager, or a tv commentator, or even as a business owner. But he may not come back as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied

Although I can see him maybe coming back in a year, if the right team/offer comes his way. and although I did not see the entire press conference, where did he say he was going to coach again?
    He said he wasn’t done with football but at this time his heart is not in it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

AAron to TB!
    Haha...

Not so cold!

Actually it appears Tampa is going to lose some talent along with coaching. Might not be the place.

Bring back Winston!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Both Frazier and Daboll possibly leaving Buffalo. But McDermott says that if Daboll leaves, Josh Allen will have a say in who replaces him. That's the right approach. You want to win, you include key players in the discussion whenever it makes sense to do so. It not only helps you make good decisions, but it makes that player want to play for you even more.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Might begin the chain of events that causes Tom to retire.
    AAron to TB!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Might begin the chain of events that causes Tom to retire.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Locutus View Post

He’s not retiring. He said as much in his press conference.
    Although I can see him maybe coming back in a year, if the right team/offer comes his way. and although I did not see the entire press conference, where did he say he was going to coach again?

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied

I think he'll retire. He's been coaching for 34 years, 16 of them at the Saints. Time to move on.
    He’s not retiring. He said as much in his press conference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X