Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gruden, Wow!

This is crazy.

Gruden is out of Vegas...Google it if you don't know details.

Disgusting
    Last edited by cousinal111; 10-11-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Just saw Gruden got cancelled. Followed on MNF by a commercial for a new 'Chucky' show. Gotta love it!

Comment

Next weeks news.

Boncos face an interesting raiders team with a new interim head coach. Broncos lost by 21 points because of play calling and poor execution.

Comment

Anyone got a link that says he said something more racist than someone has big lips please

No reasons to have opinions on these forums on a topic like this. Just provide link if you have one please
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Anyone got a link that says he said something more racist than someone has big lips please

No reasons to have opinions on these forums on a topic like this. Just provide link if you have one please
            probably not it just media playing a part. I’ve been told I have a small ass by my black ex. Never thought it was racist cause I did have a flatter butt.

Comment

Everything is so sensitive and politically correct these days. It’s impossible to say what’s actually offensive and what just hurt someone’s fee-fees. Kudos on Gruden not wanting to be a distraction though.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I’m still surprised they had a 10 year deal he was a good commentator. Don’t know the comparison in salaries.

Comment

The other thread got deleted by another mod. I moved this one to Other Teams because Gruden is not a Bronco.

Not sure if it should stay. It really belongs in P&R. I'll check later and see how it's going.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I have seen some of the alleged content in some of the emails.

Personally, in most cases, I don't like the idea of dragging up emails from a decade ago to affect someone's job today. So much may have happened in that person's life between the incidents and now. They may think completely differently today.

However, at the time Gruden worked for a national broadcaster - ESPN. It's likely that his employment contracts with ESPN and also recently with the NFL would have allowed his employers to sanction him for sending offensive emails. The same is probably true for most or all of us. If our employers found we were sending offensive emails we would be subject to a disciplinary procedure.

But that doesn't mean thar Grudem had to lose his job today.

This has also recently become an issue in UK based sports where players have faced suspensions for historic tweets and historic posts on social media. They have generally missed games but not been fired.

If in Gruden's case there is no more than a slew of offensive emails from.10 years ago, you would think the NFL may have been able to deal with this via a suspension instead. Of course, maybe that's what they intended to do, but Gruden decided that he wanted to resign anyway.

Comment

My bad for posting. Was kinda out of the loop with sports over the weekend & was shocked while watching MNF. Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by cousinal111 View Post
                        My bad for posting. Was kinda out of the loop with sports over the weekend & was shocked while watching MNF. Go Broncos!
                        Posting was fine just in the wrong area. I deleted the other due to it being a duplicate.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

It’s not about the insensitive remark about D. Smith. He said some “homophobic” things and some insensitive things about women.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If they crap the bed on this game (which i expect them to do) fire Shurmur (which probably won't happen since Vic fired Scanger specifically to bring him on, so that's his guy) bench Teddy (and Im a teddy guy) and see what Drew does.

This is a game on paper you should win. Carr carves up the broncos more often than not. My worst fear is they rally around Carr, who has a chip on his shoulder anyway with most of his tenure with the Raiders and seemingly not seen as THE GUY for the franchise despite all his efforts, and they drop like 35 to 40 on Denver.

Comment

As this is a football site, we should dwell on the impact that his leaving will have. Will The Raiders slide, or maybe they will even improve.

As for his comments, based on what I have read/heard, he went too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X