Gruden, Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Everything is so sensitive and politically correct these days. It’s impossible to say what’s actually offensive and what just hurt someone’s fee-fees. Kudos on Gruden not wanting to be a distraction though.
    I don't think it's being too sensitive and I don't care about being PC. Wrong is wrong. It was wrong when he said the things, it's wrong now.

A lot more information is coming out. Like some of the emails were from 2018. Washington has had some drama with one of their trainers. Looks like they might (should) have more.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      As this is a football site, we should dwell on the impact that his leaving will have. Will The Raiders slide, or maybe they will even improve.

As for his comments, based on what I have read/heard, he went too far.
      They won some games early on but with a degree of good fortune and riding their O. Their last 2 have been as bad if not worse than our last 2. It is really difficult to tell where they would have been headed had Gruden stayed in place.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

They won some games early on but with a degree of good fortune and riding their O. Their last 2 have been as bad if not worse than our last 2. It is really difficult to tell where they would have been headed had Gruden stayed in place.
        True that. I have become accustomed to The Raiders showing signs and then becoming irrelevant. Not even sure what to make of them now, and yes, The Broncos should have an edge this week. We have struggled since the SB win, but they have not made the playoffs since '16 and then lost the wild card. Prior to that, they made the playoffs last in 2002!!! This could be a make or break situation for them. We may find out that they are tied the mess left behind, or that they are reinvigorated to rid themselves of Gruden.
        Last edited by CanDB; 10-12-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I don't think it's being too sensitive and I don't care about being PC. Wrong is wrong. It was wrong when he said the things, it's wrong now.

A lot more information is coming out. Like some of the emails were from 2018. Washington has had some drama with one of their trainers. Looks like they might (should) have more.
          I’ve yet to see any specifics that are particularly damning so I’m not jumping on the “wrong is wrong” train yet. I do know political correctness has gotten way out of hand lately, so I’ll reserve judgment. Gruden didn’t want to be a distraction to his team, so he stepped aside. I commend him from that. That’s all I’ll say for now.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

I’ve yet to see any specifics that are particularly damning so I’m not jumping on the “wrong is wrong” train yet. I do know political correctness has gotten way out of hand lately, so I’ll reserve judgment. Gruden didn’t want to be a distraction to his team, so he stepped aside. I commend him from that. That’s all I’ll say for now.
            I've seen some things that go beyond the initial report. And being female and my background could explain our differences in opinions on PC (trying to find a clearer way to express myself without crossing the P&R line is hard. PM me if you want).

I like Gruden. I do agree with you on him stepping aside.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Selectively leaking emails seems like potential for a contract violation.

I would like to see all the emails, not just selected leaks and edits. Get them all out on Wikileaks.

What else hasn’t leaked and why?

Comment

Roger Goodell didn’t like what Gruden said about him - can’t repeat here. But I bet Goodell was seething and badly wanted revenge.

If I had to guess it’s likely Goodell orchestrated the email leaks.

Comment

I don’t really agree with Tampa Bay removing Gruden from their Ring of Fame.

My guess it’s a personal thing by the owner. Apparently one of Gruden’s emails including a disparaging remark about the owner.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                  Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

someone shoot me a link to the emails
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

This probably keeps Gruden out of the Hall ........ then again time heals 'most' wounds. I don't even know what he said yet, but did hear he called Goodell a homosexual slur or something
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Release all emails from every NFL owner/executive, including John Elway. No time limit - every email they’ve every sent. Let’s see the skeletons in the closet.

Comment

Thread cleaned.

The same people that got the P&R forum closed and the Covid thread closed might end up getting this one closed. Sad, isn't it?
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            This probably keeps Gruden out of the Hall ........ then again time heals 'most' wounds.
                            Without this mess, was he going to the Hall of Fame anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              This probably keeps Gruden out of the Hall ........ then again time heals 'most' wounds. I don't even know what he said yet, but did hear he called Goodell a homosexual slur or something
                              If the HOF voters remain true to the rules, this will not be a factor.

However, we saw with Terrell Owens that the voters don’t always adhere to the rules. There’s no way Marvin Harrison should have gotten in before Owens.

There’s a reason OJ is still a HOFer. On field performance is supposed to be the consideration, not off field issues.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

No way Gruden gets in the HOF. The system protects itself and no way they would create an opportunity for the mob to tarnish the induction ceremony with what’s known now.

I’m not convinced he would have been voted in based on his career accomplishments. Maybe but seems like a stretch. If he would have remained and gone on to bring another championship to the Raiders, likely a lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X