Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Gruden suing the NFL and Goodell. Love to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Gruden would be a great hire to replace the current head coach. Lock might even have a chance to become a good quarterback if we could get Gruden.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Team built by Gruden beat the brakes off the Broncos. Gruden really brought around Carr’s career, maybe saved him.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Next weeks news.

Boncos face an interesting raiders team with a new interim head coach. Broncos lost by 21 points because of play calling and poor execution.
    Next week’s news became today’s news. Margin wasn’t 21 but it sure looked like it.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

It’s evident in how well the players have bought into his leadership. They really show a lot of fight for Fangio.
    I’m going to assume this is sarcasm and just say that maybe Fangio is just a bad head coach and that’s why they can’t beat good teams or a team without a head coach.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

We’ll never really know if Gruden’s emails were an issue for the players because he resigned.

Clearly Fangio’s apology was enough and thus, his comments are not an issue.
    It’s evident in how well the players have bought into his leadership. They really show a lot of fight for Fangio.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Gruden did a great job of developing Carr. He also rebuilt the Raiders into being in a position to compete for the AFC West.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-17-2021, 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Gruden wasn’t fired - does that mean his comments weren’t an issue?

If Fangio’s comments weren’t an issue why did players express shock about what he said, and why did he have to call a meeting to apologize?
    We’ll never really know if Gruden’s emails were an issue for the players because he resigned.

Clearly Fangio’s apology was enough and thus, his comments are not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

If Fangio’s comments were an issue, he would have been fired last year. The players aren’t going to grin and bear it for a losing coach.
    Gruden wasn’t fired - does that mean his comments weren’t an issue?

If Fangio’s comments weren’t an issue why did players express shock about what he said, and why did he have to call a meeting to apologize?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Fangio’s comments were different than Gruden’s however, he acknowledged he was wrong and apologized. It is completely unbelievable that he has not seen or heard bad comments from coaches, players and executives over his three and a half decades in the league. He was either totally naive or lied with his initial comments. Not to mention the fact that his comments were totally out of step with the league in addressing disparities in coaching and officiating.

Fangio’s comments reflect his complicity in anything that’s happened in the league. Although his comments were different than Gruden’s, he shouldn’t be given a pass. Players were very upset with his comments, so much that he had to have a video conference to apologize. It showed he he was completely out of touch - it’s no wonder the players don’t seem to respond to his coaching with the lack of preparedness often seen on game days.

Gruden at least stepped up to resign, while Fangio gave an apology and stayed on board. I can only imagine he has little if any credibility with players after those comments.
    If Fangio’s comments were an issue, he would have been fired last year. The players aren’t going to grin and bear it for a losing coach.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

That’s not a whole lot different than Aaron Rodgers claiming there aren’t players who have said simuthings to what Gruden said in the emails. We know that is a bunch of bull.

Vic not having recognized racism isn’t the same thing as saying “homophobic” or misogynistic statements.

I’ll give Gruden a pass on the rubber lips comment. He can’t get a pass on the f word or the comments about women though. One is an international defamatory insult and the other is a reflection of discriminatory behavior that has no place in any workplace where gender is irrelevant to capabilities.
    Fangio’s comments were different than Gruden’s however, he acknowledged he was wrong and apologized. It is completely unbelievable that he has not seen or heard bad comments from coaches, players and executives over his three and a half decades in the league. He was either totally naive or lied with his initial comments. Not to mention the fact that his comments were totally out of step with the league in addressing disparities in coaching and officiating.

Fangio’s comments reflect his complicity in anything that’s happened in the league. Although his comments were different than Gruden’s, he shouldn’t be given a pass. Players were very upset with his comments, so much that he had to have a video conference to apologize. It showed he he was completely out of touch - it’s no wonder the players don’t seem to respond to his coaching with the lack of preparedness often seen on game days.

Gruden at least stepped up to resign, while Fangio gave an apology and stayed on board. I can only imagine he has little if any credibility with players after those comments.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

"I think our problems in the NFL along those lines are minimal," Fangio said of racism, via ESPN.com. "We're a league of meritocracy. You earn what you get, you get what you earn. I don't see racism at all in the NFL, I don't see discrimination in the NFL. We all live together, joined as one, for one common goal, and we all intermingle and mix tremendously. If society reflected an NFL team, we'd all be great."

Players were shocked by his comments and he had to apologize days later.

That’s not a whole lot different than Aaron Rodgers claiming there aren’t players who have said similar things to what Gruden said in the emails. We know that is a bunch of bull.

Vic not having recognized racism isn’t the same thing as saying “homophobic” or misogynistic statements.

I’ll give Gruden a pass on the rubber lips comment. He can’t get a pass on the f word or the comments about women though. One is an international defamatory insult and the other is a reflection of discriminatory behavior that has no place in any workplace where gender is irrelevant to capabilities.
    Last edited by broncolee; 10-17-2021, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

What comments?
    "I think our problems in the NFL along those lines are minimal," Fangio said of racism, via ESPN.com. "We're a league of meritocracy. You earn what you get, you get what you earn. I don't see racism at all in the NFL, I don't see discrimination in the NFL. We all live together, joined as one, for one common goal, and we all intermingle and mix tremendously. If society reflected an NFL team, we'd all be great."

Players were shocked by his comments and he had to apologize days later.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Gruden resigned. Why hasn’t Vic Fangio resigned over his comments last year?
    What comments?

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Gruden resigned. Why hasn’t Vic Fangio resigned over his comments last year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X