Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2023 NFL Playoff Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 2023 NFL Playoff Thread

    To start, here are the matchups for this "Super Wild Card" weekend:

    Saturday, Jan. 14th (all games in Eastern Time)

    4:30 pm - Seattle at SF

    8:15 pm - LAC at Jacksonville


    Sunday, Jan. 15th

    1:00 pm - Miami at Buffalo

    4:30 om - NYG at Minnesota

    8:15 pm - Baltimore at Cinci


    Monday, Jan. 16th

    8:15 pm - Dallas at Tampa


    I think that San Fran, Buffalo, Cincinnati win as expected. I am not counting out The Giants. And I like LAC. But Dallas may get the boot early. Fine with me.

    I am not sure that either Lamar or Tua returns. Might make a difference. Need them really healthy and ready, which is unlikely.

    Should be a fun first weekend!













  • #2
    Just made aware of this...

    At 27, Mahomes is the oldest starting QB representing an AFC team in the playoffs.

    And if you throw in The Steelers and pats, as next in line to make the playoffs, same outcome.

    Younger QBs are rocking it!

    (haha....old man Mahomes)

    Comment


    • #3
      So Atlanta would be the neutral site if a Buffalo/KC confrontation happens. Whatever. Based on simple geography, it's almost the same travel time (KC is a bit closer).

      Comment


      • #4
        Chargers will be without Mike Williams this week and possibly the rest of the post-season, should they advance, with a fractured back.

        Staley catching a lot of heat....and deserevedly so.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          Chargers will be without Mike Williams this week and possibly the rest of the post-season, should they advance, with a fractured back.

          Staley catching a lot of heat....and deserevedly so.
          I can understand the backlash. Often though, you see coaches do the same thing and as long as no one gets hurt, they call it "staying sharp." Sort of like gambling on 4th down, or going for a 2 pointer for the victory. If it works, you're smart. Staley does take chances, that's for sure.

          I expect Ekeler to get more than his share of runs/catches. When in doubt, get it to 30.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post

            I can understand the backlash. Often though, you see coaches do the same thing and as long as no one gets hurt, they call it "staying sharp." Sort of like gambling on 4th down, or going for a 2 pointer for the victory. If it works, you're smart. Staley does take chances, that's for sure.

            I expect Ekeler to get more than his share of runs/catches. When in doubt, get it to 30.
            I get the concept of wanting to stay sharp, but I think when a guy has battled injuries all year, like Williams has, those are probably guys you want to sit.

            Either way, I'm liking the Jaguars chances even more. And I liked them to begin with.

            Comment


            • #7
              My picks for Wild Card weekend:

              49ers over Seahawks

              Jaguars over Chargers

              Bills over Dolphins

              Vikings over Giants

              Bengals over Ravens

              Cowboys over Buccaneers

              Comment


              • #8
                Wild Card Weekend is better ever since the 7th teams were added to both conferences. Three different days of football, including 3 on Sunday.
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-13-2023, 01:48 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Wild Card Weekend is better ever since the 7th teams were added to both conferences. Three different days of football, including 3 on Sunday.
                  Gotta disagree. It just allows mediocre teams in. They're almost allowing half the league to make the playoffs at this point. 3 of the 4 playoff games that involve the 7th seed, since it's inception, were games decided by double digit score differences and so far the 7th seed is 0-4. And I doubt Miami has a chance without Tua and Seattle, who probably has a slightly better chance, is going against the 49ers who owned them this year.

                  Thursday night football, 17th game, 7th seed....the NFL is doing too much and it's overkill.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    My picks for Wild Card weekend:

                    49ers over Seahawks

                    Jaguars over Chargers

                    Bills over Dolphins

                    Vikings over Giants

                    Bengals over Ravens

                    Cowboys over Buccaneers
                    Same as mine .

                    You know when we all wondered why Brandon Staley was running the risk of injuring his starters last weekend when the Chargers had littlerally nothing to play for? Well, Chargers WR Mike Williams is OUT of the game against the Jags.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks like a rain soaked, windy game in SF. Some think it may even things out a little, but I think it makes SF even tougher. Run game, D, short pass game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Looks like a rain soaked, windy game in SF. Some think it may even things out a little, but I think it makes SF even tougher. Run game, D, short pass game.
                        Something about the conditions and it being a game between divisional opponents makes me believe the game will be close. There is also the question of how a Mr Irrelevant rookie QB takes to the pressure of being an overwhelming favourite in a playoff game. I still expect the Niners to win though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Go 49ers, Jaguars, Bills, Vikings, Bengals, and Buccaneers!!!!!!


                          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Following their cancelled game with the Bengals, the Bills path to the SB looks daunting.

                            1. They have to play the WC Round rather than gettinv a bye.
                            2. They have to play a divisional opponent in rhe WC Round (Miami).
                            3. If they progress, the will most likely meet the Bengals next week, instead of the Jags, or Chargers.
                            4. If they beat the Bengals, they will then most likely play KC (at a neutral venue).
                            5. If the beat KC, they will probably meet thr 49ers or Eagles in the SB.

                            So the likely path is:

                            - Dolphins
                            - Bengals
                            - KC
                            - 49ers/Eagles.

                            Looks too tough to me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                              Following their cancelled game with the Bengals, the Bills path to the SB looks daunting.

                              1. They have to play the WC Round rather than gettinv a bye.
                              2. They have to play a divisional opponent in rhe WC Round (Miami).
                              3. If they progress, the will most likely meet the Bengals next week, instead of the Jags, or Chargers.
                              4. If they beat the Bengals, they will then most likely play KC (at a neutral venue).
                              5. If the beat KC, they will probably meet thr 49ers or Eagles in the SB.

                              So the likely path is:

                              - Dolphins
                              - Bengals
                              - KC
                              - 49ers/Eagles.

                              Looks too tough to me.
                              Looks tough. I think they can do it, but no room for error....except maybe this week.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X