Schottenheimer in Oakland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schottenheimer in Oakland?

I have to tell you.. I think its great that the Raiders have already signed their new coach, and can't sign Schottenheimer this season. Marty Schottenheimer has made a career out of pulling teams from the bottom of the pit, and resurrecting them to a top team in the NFL.

He actually took the Browns to two straight AFC Championship games. The Brown's only had 2 double digit wins since the 1970 merger. While in Cleveland, they had 3 out of four years. They have post only 1 double digit win season since, and have one playoff appearance. They were extremely foolish for letting him go.

He goes to KC... a team that had one playoff appearance since the 1971 season. The Chiefs were considered one of the absolute worst teams in the NFL. Before Marty got to KC, the franchise had 4 years that had MORE than 8 wins in a season. Only 2 that had double digit wins (1971-1986). In the 10 years Shottenheimer was in KC, they finished below 500 only ONE time, and posted 6 double digit seasons. He took a team that went to the playoffs only 1 time in 20 years, to a team that went 7 times in 10 years (posting the most playoff births of any team in the 90s). He also took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in '93. (Beating us in one of the Greatest MNF games I've ever seen).

The KC Chiefs record in the 10 years before he arrived was 65-86-1. In the 10 years WITH KC, they were 93-58-1.

In his one year with Washington, they went 8-8 (after starting the season 0-5). This is when the Redskins decided to do the spurrier experiment.

In the 5 years with the SD Chargers, Marty was able to take a team that went 1-15 & 5-11 the two prvious years, and has transformed them to one of the best teams in the NFL. Some people here would like to say "yea, but look at the talent"... but it obviously isn't all talent. Marty has a history of taking teams from the bottom of the NFL, and raising them to the top. No he hasn't won the Championship. But he's a DAMN fine coach that continues to build franchises and put them on the map as winners. The Chargers were another Joke of the NFL before Marty showed up.

The Oakland Raiders haven't hired Marty Schottenheimer, and I certainly hope they don't. There isn't a coach that knows how to win the the AFC West better than Marty Schottenheimer. The Charger's GM will regret this decision, and I'm glad he made that choice. This only helps out the Broncos that much more. If I were the GM to the Oakland Raiders... I would JUMP on making Schottenheimer "assistant head coach" to My team.

Hey he just may make his rounds to all the
    ACFW teams before he decides to call it quits...

2 down and 2 to go....
    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Everybody knows marty wont take a job in oakland.
      "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

The term "Raider Week" was invented by good 'ol Marty. That sez it all.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
          Yep. He hates us with a passion.
          "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Marty will join my Raiders the day hell freezes over.

Marty Schottenheimer has said on multiple occasions that he hates the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider

Wow. He's even smarter than I thought he was.

Hate is a bad word. Unless you're talking about the Raiders.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                I thought the term meant the Raiders are weak

Comment

Hopefully when Crennel is fired at the end of this coming season, the Browns will rehire Schottenheimer!
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                    Hate is a bad word. Unless you're talking about the Raiders.
                    Whether hate really is a bad word or not, it is used quite commonly these days.

Comment

He also said he would NEVER coach the Raiders.

Comment

Ravage!!!, I was actually thinking the same thing when I heard he was fired. He could lift the Raiders from the dumps ... but then again, Al Davis will find a way to screw things up and Marty would be the fall guy.

But how do you fire a coach who makes his team go 14-2?????

Comment

It would be sweet to see that, assistant HC for the Raiders. Im sure he wouldnt want to be assistant HC for any team. So it's not going to happen. This guy has an ego problem. That is what got his arse fired.

Comment

Marty will join my Raiders the day hell freezes over.

*grins*.. I knew Marty was a smart guy .. but I just didn't realize he was this smart! No wonder he has such success in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                              Hopefully when Crennel is fired at the end of this coming season, the Browns will rehire Schottenheimer!
                              already rumors about this being a reality

Comment

Working...
                              X