• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns Win Coin Toss, pick 3rd

LINK

Browns win coin flip with Bucs, will draft third
    ESPN.com news services

Their 2006 season started with their top free-agent signing hurting both knees in the first 11-on-11 drill of training camp. It ended with more injuries and 12 losses.

Something was bound to eventually go right for the Cleveland Browns.

It happened Friday morning, when the Browns won a coin toss with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to break a tie for the third selection in April's NFL Draft.

Both teams had the same 4-12 records and played the same stretch of schedules, making the coin flip neccesary. With the loss, the Bucs will draft fourth.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Hooray, good luck for the Browns!

Knowing their luck though, the entire GM staff will come down with the flu and a Jets fan in the crowd will have to be their interem GM, thus picking Curtis Martin with the 3rd selection.

Comment

very good news for Browns

It is wierd how every single mock draft has them picking 3rd already

Comment

Something finally falls in our favor, hopefully our 1 pick will too
        sigpic

Comment

Here's a question for you Browns fans.

All this talk coming out of the Browns organization about possibly targeting Adrian Peterson, do you think it holds water?

I personally think it does, as I don't see why the Browns would need to lay down a smoke screen at the #3 position in the draft. Do you think the Browns will pick AP?

Now I know Charlie your thoughts on this are well known, you don't want AP, but I'm not really looking for an evaluation of whether he would be worh your #3 pick given the Browns needs, just wondering if these rumors of the Browns targeting AP sound real to you guys?

sigpic
          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
            Here's a question for you Browns fans.

All this talk coming out of the Browns organization about possibly targeting Adrian Peterson, do you think it holds water?

I personally think it does, as I don't see why the Browns would need to lay down a smoke screen at the #3 position in the draft. Do you think the Browns will pick AP?

Now I know Charlie your thoughts on this are well known, you don't want AP, but I'm not really looking for an evaluation of whether he would be worh your #3 pick given the Browns needs, just wondering if these rumors of the Browns targeting AP sound real to you guys?

I don't think it does because Phil Savage, who is the GM of the Browns and picks the players has said on multiple occasions that the Browns are targeting the offensive line in the draft this year. Also, he has stated that he really liked what he has seen from that QB Kolb. That's why I don't think Quinn nor Peterson will be selected.

Comment

Hopefully the Browns will pick somebody that will help the franchise get on its feet.

If you think Charlie Frye is not good enough, do you guys want to go after JaMarcus Russell?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
                Hopefully the Browns will pick somebody that will help the franchise get on its feet.

If you think Charlie Frye is not good enough, do you guys want to go after JaMarcus Russell?
                No, no interest whatsoever.

The Browns need offensive line help not a new QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                  No, no interest whatsoever.

The Browns need offensive line help not a new QB.
                  I think the Browns will pick that one tackle from Wisconsin (Joe Thomas) if they don't pick Peterson.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Peterson.
                  Last edited by Ohio Broncos; 02-25-2007, 09:15 AM.
                  sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Working...
                  X