Why Jamarcuss Russell Isn't The #1 Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Jamarcuss Russell Isn't The #1 Pick

Jamarcus Russell should not be the Raiders #1 pick overall.
    They should draft the best player availble on the offensive side of the ball as they have so many needs. This player is Calvin Johnson.
    If they really wanted to go QB they should take Brady Quinn over Jamarcus Russell as he could have an immediate impact and is a more polished and less of a risk. Quinn could handle being the #1 pick much better than Jamarcus Russell as he is a more mild mannered player.

Raiders are about to make another huge mistake.
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

another opinion thread that should easily have been posted in one of the many draft threads. WHEN WILL THEY END??
    Blet

Comment

You are right about Brady being an immediate impact but he's way to talented to be with the Raiders (same with Johnson) so I honestly hope they go for Russell.

Comment

Yeah the raiders can never be good so they will draft J. Russell
        Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix
          Yeah the raiders can never be good so they will draft J. Russell
          I just don't want them to draft Quinn because

1. He's my homey (not really but he did eat at my dad's restaraunt.)

2. Going to the Raiders is not something to be proud of.

3. Imo Russell will be a bust so why not stick him into a bust team!

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
            I just don't want them to draft Quinn because

1. He's my homey (not really but he did eat at my dad's restaraunt.)

2. Going to the Raiders is not something to be proud of.

3. Imo Russell will be a bust so why not stick him into a bust team!

*waits patiently for the raider fans to get online so they can start an uproar... (they are on pacific time ya know.)*
            sigpic

Comment

They really should trade back...at least in my opnion

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
                *waits patiently for the raider fans to get online so they can start an uproar... (they are on pacific time ya know.)*
                Let it be then.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix
                  Jamarcus Russell should not be the Raiders #1 pick overall.
                  They should draft the best player availble on the offensive side of the ball as they have so many needs. This player is Calvin Johnson.
                  If they really wanted to go QB they should take Brady Quinn over Jamarcus Russell as he could have an immediate impact and is a more polished and less of a risk. Quinn could handle being the #1 pick much better than Jamarcus Russell as he is a more mild mannered player.

Raiders are about to make another huge mistake.
                  We know that Al Davis tried to do just this! He tried to trade Randy Moss for Green Bay's QB Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately Moss torpedoed the deal by refusing to re-work his monster contract that calls for him to get something like $11 million a year.

He wouldn't take a pay cut, and the Packers won't take him without it. Frankly, if I were Green Bay, I wouldn't want the hassle. Look what happened to the Cowbows with T.O.? Are they happy now?

That trade of Moss for Rodgers might finally happen at some point if they can work out the details like Moss's salary. In that case the Raiders would be free to take Calvin Johnson, who is undoubtably who Al Davis really wants.

He might actually take him anyway. After all he drafted a kicker in the first round once. So, anything is possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                    He might actually take him anyway. After all he drafted a kicker in the first round once. So, anything is possible.
                    The Raiders drafted kickers in the 1st round twice.

Punter Ray Guy in 1973
                    and
                    Place Kicker Sebastian janikowski in 2000 (drafted before RB Shaun Alexander in the first and of course QB Tom Brady in the 6th)
                    Last edited by 22cannon; 03-10-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
                      The Raiders drafted kickers in the 1st round twice.

Punter Ray Guy in 1973
                      and
                      Place Kicker Sebastian janikowski in 2000 (drafted before RB Shaun Alexander in the first and of course QB Tom Brady in the 6th)
                      Ray Guy = Awesome

Comment

If I were the Raiders i'd draft Calvin Johnson and trade Randy Moss for some lineman. I think Andrew Walter could actually be a good starter if he had some protection.

Comment

Didn't Calvin Johnson say he wouldn't play for the Raiders?

IMO they should take Quinn. I think he will be better in the NFL than Russell.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
                            If I were the Raiders i'd draft Calvin Johnson and trade Randy Moss for some lineman. I think Andrew Walter could actually be a good starter if he had some protection.
                            Well, that's exactly what they TRIED to do, but Moss sure didn't make it easy on them!

He probably doesn't care at all by this point where he plays. As long as they pay him $11 million he's happy. That makes him hard to move.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
                              Didn't Calvin Johnson say he wouldn't play for the Raiders?

IMO they should take Quinn. I think he will be better in the NFL than Russell.
                              I hope they dont take Quinn. I would hate to have to root against the guy every game.
                              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                              X