No announcement yet.

Why Jamarcuss Russell Isn't The #1 Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we do go QB with the #1 overrall, id rather have quinn over russel anyday. Quinn has been groomed by the same man that helped groom tom brady. Not to mention quinn just seems to be "NFL ready". IMHO though, id rather take CJ #1 overrall, cause these types of players only come along every so often.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
      Ray Guy = Awesome
      Funny, when I read the thread above yours, before even reading yours, I was thinking the EXACT same word ... Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminatrix
        Jamarcus Russell should not be the Raiders #1 pick overall.
        They should draft the best player availble on the offensive side of the ball as they have so many needs. This player is Calvin Johnson.
        If they really wanted to go QB they should take Brady Quinn over Jamarcus Russell as he could have an immediate impact and is a more polished and less of a risk. Quinn could handle being the #1 pick much better than Jamarcus Russell as he is a more mild mannered player.

Raiders are about to make another huge mistake.
        I agree completely, on drafting the best ... Calvin, and that Quinn is/will be better than Russell. And if Al Davis somehow finds a way to allow his coach do his job, the Raiders migh actually become a better team. Not holding my breath ...

Comment

Originally posted by omac
          I agree completely, on drafting the best ... Calvin, and that Quinn is/will be better than Russell. And if Al Davis somehow finds a way to allow his coach do his job, the Raiders migh actually become a better team. Not holding my breath ...
          So far, davis has held true to his words. He has let kiffin hire his own staff, and it asppears he has relinquished some control. Hopefully this will continue.
          "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

They should draft the best player availble on the offensive side of the ball as they have so many needs. This player is Calvin Johnson.
            If they really wanted to go QB they should take Brady Quinn over Jamarcus Russell as he could have an immediate impact and is a more polished and less of a risk. Quinn could handle being the #1 pick much better than Jamarcus Russell as he is a more mild mannered player.

i agree. if they do go for a qb quinn is the man to go with because he learned from weiss and joe montana who trained with him prior to his sophmore year. quinn has more knowledge of the position at a pro level.
            GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

i liked the reviews of russells pro day i heard it was the best ever by a qb. he showed accuracy and arm strength and he also lowered his weight showing his dedication to be ready for the next level. overall grade from season to pro day at 97%. he looks great right now and the only question left is will it transfer to the pro playing field?, the same question can go to any collage athlete looking to go pro. i still believe quinn will be a better pro level qb!
              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Even though Oakland has many needs, I think they should start with quarterback. Walter doesn't look like he'll ever be anything special and Brooks looks like he lost the little creditability he even had to begin with. Wide receivers take just about as long as quarterbacks to adapt to the NFL at times. I believe that quarterback is the more important position, so I feel they should go there.

Brady Quinn may seem to be the more NFL ready quarterback, but the reason Russell is higher up on the charts is because of what happened in the Sugar Bowl and the potential he has. Due to his big arm, big size (best I've ever seen in terms of bombing it) and his athletic ability. He could at least have some trade value if he doesn't pan out. He did show up the combine a little scruffy looking. Also added a few pounds. So that might have hurt him. But I think at his pro day he had a decent outing and he was back at his playing weight. Then again I'm not certain. In my mind he can be a star if he applies himself and the Oakland Raiders get their stuff together on offense.

"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past..."
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-

Comment

Working...
                X