Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will another football team ever go 16-0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16-0 is not important if their final record is 16-1.

Will a team ever go 19-0? My guess is no. The Dolphins were good AND lucky in 1972. You need both.

If I were to guess a team that could go 19-0 is this era, I would say... hmmm I just can't. Each team has a weakness that at least 5 teams can exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by konnorrollison
      they went 14-0

difference
      yeah, but include the playoffs

Comment

I voted no
        I don't see it happening...IMO
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
          Sorry, but they already did do it - 1948.

15-0
          ahh yes, the golden age when football was REALLY competitive.
          sig pic removed by mod staff.
          we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Parity plus first place schedules make it more of a challenge than it was for the 72 Dolphins. I think I saw that Miami that year played a lot of bad teams. In any case, if you have all the pieces its more possible now than ever. It was actually more difficult to do in the 90s. And its not so much the salary cap but the fact that lean operations has bled into how the NFL operates. And a result is teams that are no longer strong at running, passing and defense. Since this kind of balance is more the exception now, its a greater advantage. SD has a shot. I think Denver might have a decent shot if Cutlers what we think and hope.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              Parity plus first place schedules make it more of a challenge than it was for the 72 Dolphins. I think I saw that Miami that year played a lot of bad teams. In any case, if you have all the pieces its more possible now than ever. It was actually more difficult to do in the 90s. And its not so much the salary cap but the fact that lean operations has bled into how the NFL operates. And a result is teams that are no longer strong at running, passing and defense. Since this kind of balance is more the exception now, its a greater advantage. SD has a shot. I think Denver might have a decent shot if Cutlers what we think and hope.
              you could have all the tools and then some but if youre guys cant stay healthy it doesnt matter, its waht killed us this year (that and the chiefs game)

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96
                you could have all the tools and then some but if youre guys cant stay healthy it doesnt matter, its waht killed us this year (that and the chiefs game)
                Thats nice (I agree) but what does that have to do with what I just said?

Comment

so many teams have come close. 85 bears 15-1 98 vikings 15-1 98 broncos 14-2 13-0 start. a lot of teams come close but there is always a game where there is upsets 85 bears lose to the dolphins 98 vikings lose to the hapless bears of that year and the giants put an end to denvers streak in 1998 i do think a team can imerge out of the blue and do it, may be denver the next few years or the patriots if they dont play denver one year or the colts if there defense show up in the regular season. any thing can happen.
                  GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

I don't think any team will match what the '72 Dolphins did. Maybe somewhere down the line it is possible to go 16-0, yet I highly doubt it.
                    R.I.P
                    #27 Darrent Williams
                    #29 Damian Nash

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien
                      yeah, but include the playoffs
                      then the went 17-0
                      GOT IT

Comment

Nay---not with salary caps, holdouts, and free agency.

Or if they do, their coach will be Pete Rose in disguise
                        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

It's actually "Yea", not "yay". I'll say yes, eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by LordXenu
                            It's actually "Yea", not "yay". I'll say yes, eventually...
                            what do i know?

Comment

Come on Guys we have to be positive.. Broncos will...NEXT YEAR!

Comment

Working...
                              X