Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    it wont hurt our division, so good luck to him

Maybe Moss will actually live up to his early years in Minnesota and play well. He still has the ability to do so
    Moss never really had a bad year with Minnesota. Even in 2004 when he battled the hamstring injury he still had 767 yards and 13 tds. He averaged 1300+ yards and nearly 13 tds per season for his first 7 years. Jerry Rice is the only WR I know of that had similar numbers in his first 7 seasons. Out of all the current WRs, Moss had the best chance of breaking Rice's records. These last 2 seasons with the Raiders pretty much ruined that. He would've had to keep up his 1300 yards/13td pace for these past 2 seasons as well as 3 or 4 more to even have a chance. Even then he would've had to play 15 - 20 years in the league, but he had the best chance out of any of the current wrs. Now, the Raiders killed his chances. He wanted the money, so its his fault. I guess, now, he learned that if you're going to go to a really crappy team, at least make sure they have a good QB.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

if oak is doing all of this to draft cj and improve their oline via the draft, it's very smart.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
        Moss never really had a bad year with Minnesota. Even in 2004 when he battled the hamstring injury he still had 767 yards and 13 tds. He averaged 1300+ yards and nearly 13 tds per season for his first 7 years. Jerry Rice is the only WR I know of that had similar numbers in his first 7 seasons. Out of all the current WRs, Moss had the best chance of breaking Rice's records. These last 2 seasons with the Raiders pretty much ruined that. He would've had to keep up his 1300 yards/13td pace for these past 2 seasons as well as 3 or 4 more to even have a chance. Even then he would've had to play 15 - 20 years in the league, but he had the best chance out of any of the current wrs. Now, the Raiders killed his chances. He wanted the money, so its his fault. I guess, now, he learned that if you're going to go to a really crappy team, at least make sure they have a good QB.
        the raiders didn't really ruin randy, randy ruined randy

he started giving up when he was a viking and he just carried it over to oakland...this is a fact.
        sigpic

Comment

Three Plus's

1 - Moss out of AFC West

2- Moss out of AFC all together

3- Farve will have a weapon ( I think Farve deserves one more great season before he retires. Hes the last of all the greats.)

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
            the raiders didn't really ruin randy, randy ruined randy

he started giving up when he was a viking and he just carried it over to oakland...this is a fact.
            I agree that he started giving up in Minnesota. I was just saying that even with him taking plays off and getting in trouble he was still putting up great numbers. In his second to last year in Minnesota he had 1,600+ yards and 17 tds. I can only imagine what would happen if he tried.
            2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

If Moss is out guess who will be in the West: Calvin Johnson

Im not scared of him for the next 3-4-5 years because I think Champ will handle him well. Champ handles everyone: CJ, Harrison, Moss and many more. He rly proved he can shutdown anyone this year with all the star receivers he went up against in 06. And I think the same will apply top Johnson

But once Champ retires: WOW this guy will be scary.

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
              2) Devin Thomas
              4) Frank Okam
              4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
              2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
              4) Frank Okam
              4) Beau Bell

Comment

Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                If Moss is out guess who will be in the West: Calvin Johnson

Im not scared of him for the next 3-4-5 years because I think Champ will handle him well. Champ handles everyone: CJ, Harrison, Moss and many more. He rly proved he can shutdown anyone this year with all the star receivers he went up against in 06. And I think the same will apply top Johnson

But once Champ retires: WOW this guy will be scary.
                Dont worry Darrants spirit will always be with us

Comment

Moss in cheese land? There is some funky smelling cheese for ya.
                  sigpic

Comment

this kind of trade sets up nothing draft day. russell will still go to the raiders because they need a qb and russell after his pro day seems like a guy they would want with the number one pick overall. calvin johnson will go to tampa.
                    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Randy Moss

Originally posted by JerseyAdam
                      ...looks like the deal is going to be done today w/ GB. No link, listen to WFAN sportstalk radio in NYC. They are typically on the up and up.
                      See ya Randy!
                      Moss's ego is much bigger than his talent.....he probably is tired of playing for a perennial loser..who wouldn't be? No one in their right mind would want to play for Al Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
                        if oak is doing all of this to draft cj and improve their oline via the draft, it's very smart.
                        Good post. I agree. If we can dump moss off somewhere, and free up roughly $9 mil in cap space, i would be really pleased. Hopefully kiffin and co. know what our weak spots on offense are, i.e. o-line, qb, wr.... and hopefully they will draft accordingly.
                        "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                          Good post. I agree. If we can dump moss off somewhere, and free up roughly $9 mil in cap space, i would be really pleased. Hopefully kiffin and co. know what our weak spots on offense are, i.e. o-line, qb, wr.... and hopefully they will draft accordingly.
                          If we had the cap space and/or Calvin Johnson was not there, Davis would most likely keep Moss. I find it ironic that the trade talks heated up the day after Jamarcus Russell's workout. Probably coincidence... that he ran a 4.8 at the combine.

I guess having Walter AND Aaron Rodgers won't hurt as one will push the other. Bring in Drew Bledsoe for leadership and guidance (as a backup) and who knows.

Comment

Ewwww! Mossy cheese.. GROSS!!!
                            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                              If we had the cap space and/or Calvin Johnson was not there, Davis would most likely keep Moss. I find it ironic that the trade talks heated up the day after Jamarcus Russell's workout. Probably coincidence... that he ran a 4.8 at the combine.

I guess having Walter AND Aaron Rodgers won't hurt as one will push the other. Bring in Drew Bledsoe for leadership and guidance (as a backup) and who knows.
                              Yea it does seem a little odd that trade talks increased once our coaches had a chance to view russel. I think rodgers and walter would push eachother, and that can only help us. I really dont want us to draft a QB with the #1, because as ive said many times, we have much more pressing needs.
                              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                                Yea it does seem a little odd that trade talks increased once our coaches had a chance to view russel. I think rodgers and walter would push eachother, and that can only help us. I really dont want us to draft a QB with the #1, because as ive said many times, we have much more pressing needs.
                                Yup, whose to say that Russell or Quinn could've done better than Walter with the current problems.

Btw, if the deal does push through with Moss, is it a trade, or was it just that his contract was done? If trade, who do the Raiders get?

Comment

Working...
                                X