Falcons Ripped Off The Texans/schaub Huge Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons Ripped Off The Texans/schaub Huge Contract

falcons get a this years and next years texans 2 round pick and trade 1 draft pick so falcons have pick 8 now danm falcons ripped of texans

and texans pay schaub big bucks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2808100

i think texans got ripped of because schaub is unproven he only started 2 games

Originally posted by dmoney27
    falcons get a this years and next years texans 2 round pick and trade 1 draft pick so falcons have pick 8 now danm falcons ripped of texans

and texans pay schaub big bucks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2808100

i think texans got ripped of because schaub is unproven he only started 2 games
    Elway hadn't played a game before we traded a HOF'er O-Lineman, Mark Herrmann, and some other OL.

While I don't think he'll be as good as Elway, a great QB is nearly priceless.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

I wouldn't go comparing him to elway just yet.

Plus he's just going to get sacked a billion times a season because a QB was not Houstons problem. Hell, probably their worst move, behind passing Reggie Bush up lol.

I bet he's just a slower less durable version of Carr.

On the bright side though, someone will be getting a quality QB in Carr, for relatively cheap now.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Schaub is a better quarterback than Michael Vick. Arthur Blanc (Falcons owner) bought into the Michael Vick playmaker hype Hook, Line, & Sinker & puts all of his eggs in the michael Vick basket.

Schaub will get more exposure now that he's with the Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
          Elway hadn't played a game before we traded a HOF'er O-Lineman, Mark Herrmann, and some other OL.

While I don't think he'll be as good as Elway, a great QB is nearly priceless.
          John Elway was the first pick in the draft.

I don't know about you, but I know for sure that Schaub was NOT the first pick in the draft.

Schaub has had only 2 games experience and 2 games is nothing to gauge a career off of.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Don't know much about this shaub guy, but he was pretty dam good last year or two years ago in a loss vs the patriots.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
              Are you kidding me?

Schaub is a better quarterback than Michael Vick. Arthur Blanc (Falcons owner) bought into the Michael Vick playmaker hype Hook, Line, & Sinker & puts all of his eggs in the michael Vick basket.

Schaub will get more exposure now that he's with the Texans.
              Oh wow! What do you base that on? Michael Vick is possibly the most talented pure athlete the NFL has seen. He is the prototypical specimen teams drool over. Just because he hasn't turned into your definition of a great player doesn't mean he isn't one. Vick is amazing, who wouldn't want someone with his arm strength and speed/running ability. Players just don't come around like him too often.

Schaub = average, which is why he never started over Vick. If the Houston Texans had their choice of Vick or Schaub, who do you think they'd choose? Seriously? The same choice 100% of NFL teams would make.

Also, being an Atlanta native, I think what Arthur Blank has done for the Falcons and that city should be applauded, they were nothing before he took over, and he won the fans back and has turned around that franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                John Elway was the first pick in the draft.

I don't know about you, but I know for sure that Schaub was NOT the first pick in the draft.

Schaub has had only 2 games experience and 2 games is nothing to gauge a career off of.

2 games experience is more than being able to base them off of how they played in college (in one of the weakest College Conferences, might I add).

I believe I already said this, but for some of you that are slightly illiterate, I will repeat myself.

A great QB can take a team to the SB, but a team w/o one better have one of the best defenses ever to win it, or even get there (2000 Ravens).
                Last edited by Nick7; 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM.
                Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                  2 games experience is more than being able to base them off of how they played in college (in one of the weakest College Conferences, might I add).

I believe I already said this, but for some of you that are slightly illiterate, I will repeat myself.

A great QB can take a team to the SB, but a team w/o one better have one of the best defenses ever to win it, or even get there (2000 Ravens).
                  Keep telling yourself that.

Schaub will fail.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                    Keep telling yourself that.

Schaub will fail.

Okay, I never claimed he would save the team...
                    Go Huskers.

Comment

Matt Schaub defines overrated.

1 good game against the Patriots and everyone sticks there hands down there pants and start salivating.
                      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                        Oh wow! What do you base that on? Michael Vick is possibly the most talented pure athlete the NFL has seen. He is the prototypical specimen teams drool over. Just because he hasn't turned into your definition of a great player doesn't mean he isn't one. Vick is amazing, who wouldn't want someone with his arm strength and speed/running ability. Players just don't come around like him too often.

Schaub = average, which is why he never started over Vick. If the Houston Texans had their choice of Vick or Schaub, who do you think they'd choose? Seriously? The same choice 100% of NFL teams would make.

Also, being an Atlanta native, I think what Arthur Blank has done for the Falcons and that city should be applauded, they were nothing before he took over, and he won the fans back and has turned around that franchise.
                        Have you seen Michael Vick, Vick is a terrible passer. Sure he can run, but he CAN'T pass. And to be a great QB, you need to be a great passer.

Comment

I've seen tons of Michael Vick's passes right in the hands of his recievers get dropped. I bet he would have a 65%+ Passer rating if just the drops I saw were catches.

He can pass, he's not a prolific passer like Favre or Peyton of course, but he can pass. His recievers just don't help him much.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
                            Have you seen Michael Vick, Vick is a terrible passer. Sure he can run, but he CAN'T pass. And to be a great QB, you need to be a great passer.
                            Apparently you haven't seen Michael Vick. He has an amazing arm, can make all the throws. He throws a ridiculously tight spiral. Its a little hard to rate him based on stats, and to try to do so is ignorant. When you don't have receivers who can catch, or an offensive line that can pass protect I don't care what QB you have.

Are you telling me you wouldn't want him to be the QB of the Raiders since thats your team? Thats why the Raiders are terrible, because they don't know talent. You have this mold of what you think a QB should be, and Vick just isn't that. He's a revolutionary talent, a new breed of QB that can be very effective and create fits for defenses.

Oh by the way, I just put on my Vick jersey.

Go back and watch the film of what he did to Green Bay in the 02 playoffs and tell me he's a "terrible passer."

Comment

how could the texans spend so much on schaub, but were unwilling to give us anything for plummer?

2 2nd round picks and trading down in the 1st for friggin schaub? atl should feel bad. i mean the guilt has to eat away at them, right?

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                              We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X