• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dante Cullpepper!

Cullpepper to Oakland.

This is just a thought.

look at the positives:

- Cullpepper and Moss reunite
    - Raiders can Draft Joe Thomas, really SAFE pick!

Originally posted by Greatest Show on Turf 2000
    Cullpepper to Oakland.

This is just a thought.

look at the positives:

Yeah, they could high-five each other like in tag-team wrestling...yer in, I'm out. I don't think Culpepper coming to Oakland is going to change Randy's mind about not wanting to be there.

As far as drafting Thomas...that would be a very save pick & might actually be a smart one considering the O-Line woes last season.

smart move & Al Davis = not very often
    Supporter of the "Don't Like the Thread, Don't Post In It" rule

Comment

best scenario for oak is if they get carr, draft calvin and draft oline help from whatever picks they can get in a moss trade.
      sigpic

Comment

No, I doubt that will happen.

Raiders will draft JaMarcus Russell (a mistake) and he'll be an even bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Then the Lions will nab Brady Quinn because they have signed multiple offensive linemen and they can't draft Joe Thomas in these circumstances and that will leave Joe Thomas to fall to Cleveland or possibly Adrian Peterson.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown

Raiders will draft JaMarcus Russell (a mistake) and he'll be an even bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Then the Lions will nab Brady Quinn because they have signed multiple offensive linemen and they can't draft Joe Thomas in these circumstances and that will leave Joe Thomas to fall to Cleveland or possibly Adrian Peterson.
          I second Russell being a huge bust.

but Browns getting Thomas?

in your dreams

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown

Al Davis is scared of rookie QBs. Actually, let me backtrack. Al Davis is afraid to rebuild. He's afraid because he wants to win now and can't fathom the thought of doing now for later. He does now for now. Look back at the Raiders' history and the only time they rebuilt was in 1961, after their first season. That reason is a MAJOR part of why where we are now. He was supposed to rebuild in 1996, 1997 and further but he struck gold with Gruden before things got worse.

Back to my original thought, Al is afraid of rookie QBs or any QBs without prior NFL experience.

Lamonica had experience in Buffalo (probably the strongest arm in NFL history)

Stabler subbed for an injured Lamonica and an 87 year old Blanda in 1972 and held the reigns until...

Plunkett, experience in new England. Rest is history.

Then he went and drafted Marc Wilson in the 1st round. Yikes.

Then he got Steve Beuerlein, a QB I actually liked. The next year, he traded for Jay Schroeder with Washington (I fainted when we got him because he had a CANNON) I believe Schreoder played and won his first game with the Raiders on Monday Night in Denver, coached by Shanahan.

Then came Moronovich.

He'll take the Todd Moronovich pick with him to the grave because he thought Moronovich was the next Stabler (a lefty blonde wearing #12) And it might've worked too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Al Davis feeds on speed. Calvin Johnson is, if anything else, an insurance policy if Moss is lost. Remember, Davis has drafted speed over nesessity in every position. He needed defense, he drafted Napoleon Kaufman, which was actually a great pick.

If the Raiders get Culpepper, it would be better than what we have now if he remains healthy. It fits his pattern and history.

But the o-line is priority #1-10 and nothing else matters beforehand.

Comment

I second Russell being a huge bust.

but Browns getting Thomas?

in your dreams
              And why?

Because the Lions need an offensive line when they have:

OT: Jeff Backus, George Foster, Jonathan Scott
              OG: Rick DeMulling, Edwin Mulitalo, Damien Woody

No, they won't add ANOTHER offensive lineman. They have plenty already. They'll go QB.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Cullpepper to Oakland.

This is just a thought.

look at the positives:

Yep and robert gallery was a really safe pick too and hes bolstered that prolific raiders O Line.

Comment

Working...
                X