Patriots might be looking for a new RB soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots might be looking for a new RB soon

I just saw on ESPN that Maroney was going through some tests and the DR's said he has "significant shoulder problems." Could the pats now maybe bring back Dillon, go after Lewis? Your thoughts. Sorry no link, but was just reported on ESPN.

If by "Lewis," you mean Jamal Lewis, then I'm afraid it's a no-go. He signed a one-year contract with the Browns a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72
      I just saw on ESPN that Maroney was going through some tests and the DR's said he has "significant shoulder problems." Could the pats now maybe bring back Dillon, go after Lewis? Your thoughts. Sorry no link, but was just reported on ESPN.
      ironic because the chargers just happen to have a backup rb who could probably start on half of all nfl teams....and all we're asking for is a 1st and a 3rd, it's such a small price really
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
        If by "Lewis," you mean Jamal Lewis, then I'm afraid it's a no-go. He signed a one-year contract with the Browns a few weeks ago.

Opps, thats right, thanks for the reminder

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
          ironic because the chargers just happen to have a backup rb who could probably start on half of all nfl teams....and all we're asking for is a 1st and a 3rd, it's such a small price really

The Pansies have a couple 1st rounders.
          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Watch them now trade up and get Peterson

Comment

The Patriots are one team I could see paying that price.
              Supporter of the "Don't Like the Thread, Don't Post In It" rule

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Neddie
                The Patriots are one team I could see paying that price.
                i wouldn't mind it at all, it would be nice to have two first rounders even if they're at the end of the 1st round, and i can guarantee turner will help the pats out on the ground

that guy , regardless of wherever he ends up, is going to be great.

he won't be a charger though, at least not after 07
                sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't mind it at all, it would be nice to have two first rounders even if they're at the end of the 1st round, and i can guarantee turner will help the pats out on the ground

you know its basically guaranteed if you trade Turner LT will get hurt right? Don't tempt fate.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow
                    you know its basically guaranteed if you trade Turner LT will get hurt right? Don't tempt fate.
                    not if they don't put him on madden
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 69er
                      oh good story the broncos just picked up travis henry they got rid of one of the bells lets get rid of the other bell if that was to happen we still have a great little rb for the back up duty or the split back and for bell a first round draft pick will do for me....sounds like a great deal
                      Can someone translate that? I only speak English.

Comment

I'll translate it for you....

Oh, good story. The broncos just picked up travis henry and they got rid of one of the bells. Lets get rid of the other bell. If that was to happen we still have a great little rb for the back up job, or the split back, and as for bell a first round draft pick will do for me....sounds like a great deal

And a first round pick for Mike bell, who wasn't even DRAFTED last year?!!

What in the hell are you smoking?!!!!
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

whats going to happen is you guys aren't going to get anythign for him. You will keep your price too high, and as a result he'll stay on your bench until he goes unrestricted.

Comment

oh good story the broncos just picked up travis henry they got rid of one of the bells lets get rid of the other bell if that was to happen we still have a great little rb for the back up duty or the split back and for bell a first round draft pick will do for me....sounds like a great deal

Since when was M. Bell worth a 1st, buddy?
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              whats going to happen is you guys aren't going to get anythign for him. You will keep your price too high, and as a result he'll stay on your bench until he goes unrestricted.
                              which is fine with me really, he's a contributor, i see us getting a comp pick in the 09 draft for him once he leaves in 08 via FA for a huge contract elsewhere.

i can't wait to see how well he does when he's the #1 , cause he will.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X