Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the current best athlete in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lance Armstrong as far as the most Dominating in HIS sport...but I wouldn't necessarily say he's the best athlete in the world.

Comment

Ask this question in the South and you'd be likely to get:

"DALE EARNDHART!! He wuz the best dern racer evur!! YEEEHAWWW!!!!"

It's scary, Earndhart has a bigger following than Jesus here.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
        How about Michael Vick? Good lord, how do you forget him.
        he's a good athlete but I'll go with Lance Armstrong..

doing what he did is pretty unbelievable

also I doubt you would have heard of him but here in New Zealand a guy called 'Steve Gurney' is a legend

Subaru of New Zealand are proud to support a range of athletes and events and partner with lifestyle champions. It is our pleasure to share their inspiring stories and achievements.

he's a multi sport athlete and does indurance races,he's won the coast to coast 9 times, the coast to coast is a foot race from one side of the South Island of New Zealand to the other through some of the most rugged tarrain in the world, in the dark!

theres swimming, running, kayaking, mountain biking..

check him out, he's like 40 years old and has just won that race for the 7th consecutive year!
        kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

MICHAEL VICK, NUFF SAID! My Opinion Only!

Comment

I have to say Mike Vick as well, because I watched him against Florida State his Freshman year. I've still never seen anything like that.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

sorry for the hatin
              no more for now on

Comment

At the moment I've got to be patriotic and go for Jonny Wilkinson. There have been rumours in the UK press that a couple of NFL teams have sounded him about switching. I would love to see him try out over there. The downside is that you lot are looking at him purely as a kicker, when he could do so much more. Yes he's a damned good kicker of the ball, but he runs with power and moves and he tackles like a ton of bricks. He wouldn't look out of place as a WR, RB or DB. He put a hit on one guy in the World Cup Finals that was very reminiscent of the Atwater hit on Okoye.
                The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                  At the moment I've got to be patriotic and go for Jonny Wilkinson. There have been rumours in the UK press that a couple of NFL teams have sounded him about switching. I would love to see him try out over there. The downside is that you lot are looking at him purely as a kicker, when he could do so much more. Yes he's a damned good kicker of the ball, but he runs with power and moves and he tackles like a ton of bricks. He wouldn't look out of place as a WR, RB or DB. He put a hit on one guy in the World Cup Finals that was very reminiscent of the Atwater hit on Okoye.
                  Jason Robinson would have been a good RB untill i saw him get nailed by Jonathan Meredith from Samoa in the RWC 2003 Pool Game

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                    Rupeni Caucaunibuca would be a great RB
                    he has the best break tackles in full contact rugby and rugby is a sport of hard hitters, only tough guyz play rugby. american football is a rough sport to!

Comment

Originally posted by badintentions
                      Rupeni Caucaunibuca would be a great RB
                      he has the best break tackles in full contact rugby and rugby is a sport of hard hitters, only tough guyz play rugby. american football is a rough sport to!
                      Ain't that the truth, I played both (a long, long time ago!!). I remeber Ellerey Hanley & a couple of other rughby players giving american football a try, back in the eighties or early nineties, they were so suprised by the level of contact.

Martin Johnson, the now retired England captain is a huge NFL fan, he had a spot on national radio over here giving his verdicts on the playoffs. Gotta admit the guy knows his stuff. He would have made a fantastic LB.
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Jackie Chan or MC Hammer

Comment

whoopie goldberg or hilary duff

Comment

Where is Kobe Bryant?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA
                              Where is Kobe Bryant?
                              In court?
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

q sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X