Clinto Portis Defends Vick; "Nothing Wrong with Dogfighting"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinto Portis Defends Vick; "Nothing Wrong with Dogfighting"

Clinton Portis defended Vick by saying what he does "behind closed doors" is his biz and everyone should just butt out of it. He says there's nothing wrong with dog fights... he says where he grew up in Mississippi, there were back alley fights all around his neighborhood. "You wanna see one," Portis hinted at!

What a complete loser. I'm glad we dumped his @ss...

I guess Clinton would also say if one of those "dogs" escaped the property and attacked some child, it's not Vicks fault.

Forget the fights... The way they treat these animals to prep them for the ring is inhumane and beyond cruel... it's criminal.

I guess if Clinton is attacked by a wild bear... police should just mind their own biz huh?

NOW... forget all the PC crap... DOG BRAWLING IS ILLEGAL. I guess brekaing the law aint nuthing to these cats right? What role models.

Link?????????

Comment

Yeah could you post a link for it? plleeeeease

Comment

Link

I heard this on ESPN Radio today... During the Dan PAtrick show... Dan said Portis said this during interview with some Va station... he aired the audio...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18783681/

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
          I heard this on ESPN Radio today... During the Dan PAtrick show... Dan said Portis said this during interview with some Va station... he aired the audio...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18783681/
          thank you.

Comment

yeah I was listening to the herd on ESPN radio this morning and they played the sound byte for it about 5 times.

He's ignorant! Plain and simple. Actually, I will go as far as to say he is a dumb, uneducated punk. Like Vick is. Listening to the sound clip the guy can barely speak english let alone hold up any valid points to his arguments backing up Vick.

Listening to the Herd, callers were calling in saying how dogfighting is not that big a deal and that it's no worse than spitting on the sidewalk. You can tell all the callers who were defending Vick and Portis' punk asses were just as ignorant and uneducated as those 2 athletes who went to major universities.

Comment

Clinton Portis defended Vick by saying what he does "behind closed doors" is his biz and everyone should just butt out of it. He says there's nothing wrong with dog fights... he says where he grew up in Mississippi, there were back alley fights all around his neighborhood. "You wanna see one," Portis hinted at!

What a complete loser. I'm glad we dumped his @ss...
              I don't believe it.
              edit: Huh. Wow.
              Last edited by Ocrush4ever; 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM. Reason: update
              "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Does this mean I can't wear my Portis or Vick jerseys anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
                  Does this mean I can't wear my Portis or Vick jerseys anymore?
                  not unless you want to get ridiculed. I'll still wear my mike vick jersey. It's the only thing that matches my shoes. That's the only reason.

Comment

Uh, who actually cares about Portis anymore?

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Who cares? This is like the national media ripping Joe Horn for saying Vick could still be a role model to his sons. Who cares? I watch football for football, not for commentary on social issues. Vick is a moron--who cares?

Comment

I just thought it was funny to see how dump Portis is... He's like "who cares what you do behind closed doors." DOG FIGHTS are illegal. I can't hack up bodies and murder and torture people behind closed doors, grow pot or rape women... Heck... if I'm 19 I cannot even bed a 16 year-old. Forget fact Portis thinks watching these fights are like playing Madden or cards... it's breaking the law.

To think these guys get paid millions...

Comment

I just thought it was funny to see how dump Portis is... He's like "who cares what you do behind closed doors." DOG FIGHTS are illegal. I can't hack up bodies and murder and torture people behind closed doors, grow pot or rape women... Heck... if I'm 19 I cannot even bed a 16 year-old. Forget fact Portis thinks watching these fights are like playing Madden or cards... it's breaking the law.

To think these guys get paid millions...
                          I agree. I listened to it too and these idiots make more money in a couple of months than I might see in a lifetime. And these thugs probably have a 6th grade education.

Comment

They funny part is these yahoos think they get paid b/c of their performance when in reality they are paid b/c they serve as diversions to the mass public who spend their sundays (like I do) watching the game and not marching on city hall and demanding what's rightfully theirs...

If 50,000 people would watch flyfishing, the fisherman would be paid.

All about bread and the circus.

Comment

Okay? So is this supposed to be news? What Portis is saying(or was trying to say) probably reflects the attitude of 85% of America, we just don't care. As Bill Simmons said once, we live in the Sportscenter era where they replay the same crap over and over again while we pretend to be appalled. Who really cares if Vick dog fights? It's not like he is alone(allegedly) and if the Feds used their resources they could probably find real dog fights going on as we speak instead of trying to make an example out of Vick.

Comment

Working...
                              X