Clinto Portis Defends Vick; "Nothing Wrong with Dogfighting"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91bronco
    ^^^ To a certain extent I would agree with him on that- but ONLY to a certain extent. I see our personal freedoms and rights shrinking every day but thats another topic. I was referring mainly to dog fighting - it's sort of like my elders who grew up being racist and still holding onto those beliefs. I understand where they come from but I don't share the same opinion.
    yea. This I agree with..... BUT. He should be smart enough not to make such stupid comments publically. Everyone knows how dog fighting is perceived nationally. Portis is just a moron. He doesn't see anything wrong with dog-fighting, he made that well known with his comments, and that again makes him a moron.

But like you said, he's desensitized to dogfighting.

Comment

• Shanny must've seen how cpoorti$$ was a dumbass!

Just chalk up another great move!!!!! :thumb:
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• I liked Portis when he was here. I think Shanny did too but from what I remember this was a $$$ and positional need move.

In hindsight we DEFINITELY made the right move.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
          I can't understand it. He's basically saying, if you buy a house and own your own property, it gives you the right to do anything you want on it, because "it's his buisness behind closed doors because he owns the property".

So, to him, laws don;t apply to private property.

Which would mean that most violent crimes are apparently allowed.

Rape? Sure.

Domestic violence? Knock yourself out.

Building bombs? You bet.

Murder? Why not.

It's one thing to open your mouth and say something stupid. It's another to open your mouth again and prove you have absolutely no clue how our society actually works.

On a larger scale, these statements are, indirectly, a by-product of being a star athlete and having those layers of people around you. It starts in high school, festers in college, and by the time the lucky few who are pro get there, they haven't to had actually do anything or be responsible for themselves in a long time. They have had their schedule set by a coach, their money handled by an accountant, their grades handled by 'tutors', their non sports stuff handled by agents, and their problems handled by attorneys.

So, really, how is someone who has probably never lived in 'normal' society as an adult supposed to know the basic structure of law?

Doesn't mean he is or isn't smart, but it sure does mean he is ignorant in this regard. Ignorant in the true sense of the word.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
          X