Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current college coach would make the best NFL coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which current college coach would make the best NFL coach?

I guess it depends on the team since different coaches have different strengths but Im going to throw Tedford out there. He works really well with QBs and seems to be a good playcaller. I know Carroll and Sciano are names that might be well suited to the NFL too.

Urban Meyer, but I would hate for him to leave Florida.
    sigpic

Comment

Tedford's QB's have limited success in the NFL.

Comment

Charlie Weis.

Duuuhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
          Charlie Weis.

Duuuhhhh.
          I agree with that pick,I like Charlie Weis.

Comment

First off......yes I am a ....................

but one that hasn't been said is Kirk Ferentz.
            He's already coached in the NFL as Jacksonville's o-line coach as his last spot before taking the Iowa job.

He also runs a pro style offense with zone blocking scheme.

I also think that Jim Tressel from Ohio State would be good, but would doubt that he would go to the NFL.

p.s. I think that Urban Meyer would absolutely BLOW as an NFL coach. His fruity little wr screens that he employs as 53% of his playbook, simply do not work in the NFL as anything more than a gimic.

He barely runs the ball, which in the NFL the oldest cliche is that you have to run the ball and you have to stop the run.

I like Urban Meyer as a college coach and his play-calling is incredible--at the NCAA level.

Comment

Surely not Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier. I wonder if Mack Brown or Bob Stoops have potential.

Comment

Who I'm interested in seeing the results of is Lane Kiffin; was he ever even a head coach of a division 1 college? I heard he was an offensive coordinator. That's a pretty big jump to the NFL. Al Davis seems to be giving him a lot of respect.

Comment

i always wanted to see frank beamer get a shot in the nfl
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                    Tedford's QB's have limited success in the NFL.
                    The way I look at that is that he makes QBs better than they actually are...not a bad skill to have for any coach at any level.

Comment

Charlie Weis

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Lloyd Carr

Carr is a no-nonsense type of coach. He runs a pro style offense and has produced countless NFL quarterbacks. His only problem would be he may be a little too conservative for the NFL. I would put him in the Marty-Ball category of College football coaches.

Comment

Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, Charlie Weis are prolly the best 3

Comment

Working...
                          X