Clear All

• looks like vick was at a dog fight in 2000

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6852866

Report: Vick was at dog fight in 2000
    Story Tools:
    Print Email Blog This
    Associated Press
    Posted: 20 minutes ago

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at a dog fight in 2000 and is "one of the heavyweights" in the sport, broadcast reports indicate.

An ESPN report Sunday cited a police informant whom a dog-fighting investigator called "extremely reliable."

"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant told the network. "And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, 30 to 40 thousand, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

When asked how he knows Vick bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."

The informant said his dog beat Vick's dog in 2000, the year before Vick was chosen by the Falcons with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dog-fighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.

oh where oh where has michael vick gone
    oh where oh where could he be?

well if these allegations hold true the investigation on vick are heading in the wrong direction for him.

a very reliable informant -- lets see how reliable he is when he gets possibly paid off by vick to keep his trap shut
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay...errrr somethin...
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I hope Vick sees jail time. Dog figthing is disgusting. Not to mention the fact is ******** like this that are driving a wonderful breed to extinction.
      Last edited by Javalon; 05-28-2007, 01:28 AM.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
        I hope Vick sees jail time. Dog figthing is disgusting. Not to mention the fact is ******** like this that are driving a wonderful breed to extinction.
        Pits are my favorite too. Some of my friends breed them and they are the best dogs. They're like children though in that they are a product of their environment. People who use them for fighting are the ones who give Pits a bad wrap. I have never had a Pit get aggressive with me and I have been around them since I was a little bitty guy.
        Last edited by Javalon; 05-28-2007, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
          Pits are my favorite too. Some of my friends breed them and they are the best dogs. They're like children though in that they are a product of their environment. People who use them for fighting are the ones who give Pits a bad wrap. I have never had a Pit get aggressive with me and I have been around them since I was a little bitty guy.
          Glad to see we have something else in common SR. I've been around all sorts of dogs, and Pits are the breed that I chose to call my own. I've got a beautiful little girl that just turned a year old a few months ago. Definitely a product of their environment though, no doubt on that.

Code Of Conduct
          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

I want to get a nice Blue or Brindle female pup, but the rules on base housing are two pets per house and we have two cats.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
              I want to get a nice Blue or Brindle female pup, but the rules on base housing are two pets per house and we have two cats.
              The rules on Marine and Navy basses are no pits allowed. Well, specifically, no guard dog type breeds. Rotts, pits, dobies, shepherds,e tc. The only ones they enforce though are pits.

That's why I live off base.

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                The rules on Marine and Navy basses are no pits allowed. Well, specifically, no guard dog type breeds. Rotts, pits, dobies, shepherds,e tc. The only ones they enforce though are pits.

That's why I live off base.
                That's stupid.

My neighbor has a beautiful dog...Great Dane/German Sheppard mix...big dog, very affectionate, but has a bark that would scare the skin off of anyone. The only pets we can't have are "exotic" pets like snakes and what not.

Comment

Border Collie = my dog of choice, pitbulls just arnt bright enough imo.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

I also saw something on ESPN today saying that (it was on the TV, no link, sorry) Vick is one of the major players in this so called "Sport"

One of the people that goes out there and bets tons of money

Comment

I watched that ESPN thing, Vick is going DOWN DOWN.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow
                        I watched that ESPN thing, Vick is going DOWN DOWN.
                        I hope so.........

Not because of I envy him of not being on the Broncos,...........well ya'll should know my stance on the subject by now

Comment

Here is a video I found with pictures of dogs rescued from illegal dogfighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAp5iKglNjM

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
                            DELETED

Same here. I had to change the channel.

To me this is so much worse than beating someone up or smoking marijuana.
                            Last edited by Javalon; 05-28-2007, 01:29 AM.
                            ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

what would you guys consider to be a fair punishment?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X