Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Johnson To Race A Horse For Charity!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Chad...he has personality
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheffler88
      Thought this was kind of funny and interesting. Good to see someone with contraversy surronding his name, giving back to the community.

Man vs. horse in benefit race at River Downs
      By John McDulin
      Daily Racing Form
      (Archive)
      Updated: May 30, 2007, 10:30 PM ET
      Comment

Cincinnati Bengals all-pro wide receiver Chad Johnson will race a horse at River Downs in Cincinnati, Ohio on Belmont Stakes Day, June 9, as a fund-raiser for Feed the Children, an Oklahoma City-based charity that provides food, medicine, clothing, and other necessities to children around the world. The race, billed as "man vs. beast," will be held on the turf course, with Johnson starting at the sixteenth pole and the horse, Restore the Roar, starting at the eighth pole.

Patti Cooksey, the second all-time leading female rider in North America with 2,137 career wins, will come out of retirement to ride Restore the Roar, an Ohio-bred maiden. Restore the Roar is named after a local Bengals television program.

As part of the fund-raiser, Johnson has donated sports memorabilia that will be sold at silent auction; River Downs will make a donation to Feed the Children; and Restore the Roar's owner, Patricia Glenn, will donate a portion of the horse's earnings this year to the Marvin Lewis Foundation, a fund run by the Bengals' head coach that aids youth organizations and nonprofit groups in the Cincinnati area.

Other then the fact that this is for Charity this was a stupid stunt! Why would the teams star WR and most explosive person on the offense risk injury on the cusp of the season. If I was Lewis I would have never let him do this. In fact if he would have blown a hammy it would have served him right.

Comment

Originally posted by Fins4Life
        Other then the fact that this is for Charity this was a stupid stunt! Why would the teams star WR and most explosive person on the offense risk injury on the cusp of the season. If I was Lewis I would have never let him do this. In fact if he would have blown a hammy it would have served him right.
        Wow... a man having fun in the offseason RUNNING, is acting stupid. Jesus, you act as if he was in a street race and risking his life. He can blow a hammy just playing in the minicamps and voluntary camps going on, he ran 1 sprint for which he probably stretched a lot for. People just have to find something bad in everything someone does, the guy is doing something for charity and it's something that really isn't a huge risk, yet you still have to find a reason to say he did something wrong.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
          Wow... a man having fun in the offseason RUNNING, is acting stupid. Jesus, you act as if he was in a street race and risking his life.

I was waiting for your response.

I agree, Although, we'll never know, maybe that horse could have just run OVER Chad Johnson
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26

I was waiting for your response.

I agree, Although, we'll never know, maybe that horse could have just run OVER Chad Johnson
            Glad to see people look for what I have to say.

He could have, but I think that is why he was set up at the opposite end of the track.

Comment

Glad to see people look for what I have to say.

He could have, but I think that is why he was set up at the opposite end of the track.

Haha, i was making a reference to whoever came down on him for it being stupid and risking injury
              sigpic

Comment

Haha, i was making a reference to whoever came down on him for it being stupid and risking injury
                I figured that lol.

By the way... is your username after a player??

Comment

I figured that lol.

By the way... is your username after a player??

The 26 is, I joined when Portis was still alive, and in Denver.

The K comes from my last name Karr.

and the Carr comes from the arr in my last name lol.

But the K-Car was a series of cars in the late 80's.

I believe, Pontiac Relient K.

I'm a Relient K fan.

Haha, yes......

Is your name after a team??

But what is the 1688 about?
                  sigpic

Comment

The 26 is, I joined when Portis was still alive, and in Denver.

The K comes from my last name Karr.

and the Carr comes from the arr in my last name lol.

But the K-Car was a series of cars in the late 80's.

I believe, Pontiac Relient K.

I'm a Relient K fan.

Haha, yes......

Is your name after a team??

But what is the 1688 about?
                    Oh alright... that's pretty cool.

1688 is my birthdate, without the month lol.

I think you are the only person who has asked about my username and not first thought of asking about why I have so many A's lol.

Comment

Oh alright... that's pretty cool.

1688 is my birthdate, without the month lol.

I think you are the only person who has asked about my username and not first thought of asking about why I have so many A's lol.
                      I was going to, but figured you'd answered that so many times before
                      sigpic

Comment

I was going to, but figured you'd answered that so many times before
                        Yeah, I have, I have just grown used to getting asked it lol. There really isn't a reason, the first MB I signed up for I just kind of pressed the A button and held it too long, then was too lazy to change it... so I just use it at all the MB's I go on lol.

Comment

Yeah, I have, I have just grown used to getting asked it lol. There really isn't a reason, the first MB I signed up for I just kind of pressed the A button and held it too long, then was too lazy to change it... so I just use it at all the MB's I go on lol.
                          hahaha, that sounds about right.

Any other message board I'd go on, I would use this one.

Hmmm, but the many letters the same is a catch maybe I'll try

KKKKKKKKKKKcarr26, better keep it more than three K's.
                          sigpic

Comment

hahaha, that sounds about right.

Any other message board I'd go on, I would use this one.

Hmmm, but the many letters the same is a catch maybe I'll try

KKKKKKKKKKKcarr26, better keep it more than three K's.
                            Haha... I don't know how many A's I had used originally... now I just hold the button for a second and that's how many I keep lol. I like confusing people with it too lol.

I say you change it to that lol.

Comment

Haha... I don't know how many A's I had used originally... now I just hold the button for a second and that's how many I keep lol. I like confusing people with it too lol.

I say you change it to that lol.
                              That would be funny.

Then IIIIIII would have to answer the question:

Why are you trying to be like bengaaaaaaaaals1688!?

sigpic

Comment

That would be funny.

Then IIIIIII would have to answer the question:

Why are you trying to be like bengaaaaaaaaals1688!?

That one would be easy... just tell them because you have realized that I am the greatest person to ever live... then it would be understood.

Comment

Working...
                                X