• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks cut Kelly Herndon

From profootballtalk.com
    POSTED 8:58 p.m. EDT, June 1, 2007
    'HAWKS CHOP HERNDON

The Seattle Seahawks have cut cornerback Kelly Herndon, according to Mike Sando of the Tacoma News-Tribune.

Herndon was scheduled to earn $2.5 million in salary this season. As Sando wisely notes, the move doesn't mean that Herndon's release will be processed as a post-June 1 transaction. Technically, the player must be on the roster on June 1 and cut thereafter to have the cap hit spread over two years.

Under the 2006 CBA, however, Herndon could have been cut before June 2 and designated as a June 2 release. Teams can use this special designation on two players.

For cuts made on or before June 1, any signing bonus acceleration his the cap in the current year. For cuts made on or after June 2 (or designated as such if made before then), the cap hit is divided over two years.
    From fflivewire
    Seahawks release CB Herndon and T Morley
    Written by: Mike Sando ¦ 6/1/2007
    Source: blogs.thenewstribune.com
    The Seahawks have released CB Kelly Herndon and T Steve Morley. Herndon had been on notice since the team drafted Josh Wilson from Maryland in the second round. Like Morley, he had been rehabbing an injury.
    Searched and didn't see this posted, but I thought it was interesting. What are your reactions? I'd love to see the guy return to Denver, but that's just me. I wish he never left in the first place. Is there room here? Do we want him?

im suprised.

i thought he did decent with the seahawks.

guess they are ready to develop some younger players.

honestly only thing i remember of herndon as a seahawk was when he gott he pick in the superbowl.

Comment

It sounds to me like it was either strictly a cap move or he didn't recover well from an injury. Or maybe Seattle was just really impressed with the guy they drafted (Josh Wilson) in minicamp and deemed him expendable.

Comment

Working...
      X