Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why so much hate on Culpepper?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why so much hate on Culpepper?

    I really don't know why people see him as such a bad QB. I mean, teams won't even trade a 6th round pick for him and he didn't do all that bad last year.

    Completed over 60% of his passes, he had only one bad game against the Steelers. All his other games he had a QB rating higher than 83. He had 2 TD's and 3 INT's, but 2 of those came against an excellent Pittsburg defense in the beginning of the year. He had 929 yards passing in 4 games.... I realize he wasn't very mobile but he still played well. I just dont' see why there is so much hate.

  • #2
    He hasn't proven anything since he lost Moss. Also, he's hurt every year. The love fest for DNabb has died down a lot too. Injuries have a big effect.

    Comment


    • #3
      He killed my budgie in 3rd grade.
      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




      formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
      I adopted Skywalker

      I have been adopted by Chris Wade

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hoserman117
        I really don't know why people see him as such a bad QB. I mean, teams won't even trade a 6th round pick for him and he didn't do all that bad last year.

        Completed over 60% of his passes, he had only one bad game against the Steelers. All his other games he had a QB rating higher than 83. He had 2 TD's and 3 INT's, but 2 of those came against an excellent Pittsburg defense in the beginning of the year. He had 929 yards passing in 4 games.... I realize he wasn't very mobile but he still played well. I just dont' see why there is so much hate.

        Personally, I don't like the way "hate" is used. Culpepper is coming off major surgery and sub-par performances...why would teams need to take a risk on him right now? Most teams have settled their QB issues (for now), so his value is low. As camps move on, players get injured, holes are determined...he'll land somewhere. But this is not Manning or Brady hitting the market, you know...
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

        "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

        Comment


        • #5
          The problem is he hasn't played like a starting QB for 2 years. Plus you said it yourself, 2 TD in 4 games, that is just nowhere near good enough for a former pro bowler.

          Comment


          • #6
            i hope culpepper comes back from injury and beats out trent green to start in miami.



            i never liked green when he was with the chiefs (for obvious reasons), but now that he's a dolphin, i have realized that i not only dislike trent green the chief, but trent green the dolphin.

            go daunte!


            "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
            We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

            Comment


            • #7
              Off-topic rant:

              I don't like the terms "hating on someone" or a "[person] hater." IMO, all they do is obscure any kind of meaningful discussion on a player's strengths/weaknesses (and all players have them.) When someone expresses displeasure with a player/coach/team/etc, it is far to easy to label that person a "hater," thus severely polarizing the argument before root causes have been revealed.

              Okay, I'm done. Sorry.
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

              "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hoserman117
                I really don't know why people see him as such a bad QB. I mean, teams won't even trade a 6th round pick for him and he didn't do all that bad last year.

                Completed over 60% of his passes, he had only one bad game against the Steelers. All his other games he had a QB rating higher than 83. He had 2 TD's and 3 INT's, but 2 of those came against an excellent Pittsburg defense in the beginning of the year. He had 929 yards passing in 4 games.... I realize he wasn't very mobile but he still played well. I just dont' see why there is so much hate.
                did you watch any actual games or just look at stats? cuz if you think he played well last season your either on crack or just don't know whats going on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  On the radio they said Culpepper was a victim of expectations that were to high. Which caused several ppl lives to be changed. His failure set the dolphin back years. While the saints went with Brees and are the darlings of the NFL. As a result Saben left. Went to Alabama which changes the sec. Not to mention all of the coaching staff that are in the cold from saben leaving.

                  Anyway, who cares about Culpepper or the Dolphins?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shawshank24
                    i hope culpepper comes back from injury and beats out trent green to start in miami.



                    i never liked green when he was with the chiefs (for obvious reasons), but now that he's a dolphin, i have realized that i not only dislike trent green the chief, but trent green the dolphin.

                    go daunte!

                    Miami won't keep Daunte. According to ESPN, he will be traded or released.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jazzman1987
                      did you watch any actual games or just look at stats? cuz if you think he played well last season your either on crack or just don't know whats going on.
                      No I saw the pittsburg game, first game of the season, and yeah he didn't play all that well. I remember that INT by Porter that was taken back for a TD and some other INT. I missed his other two games and then I saw his Houston game where he really wasn't all that bad. I mean yeah he wasn't super quality starter, but he played fairly well and I pin most the teams losses on his his surroundings, not him. With the exception of that Pittsburg game.

                      Just look

                      Buff game : 32-23 (71.9 comp %) 250 yards 1 td 1 int 91.9 QB rating sacked 7 TIMES

                      They won the Tennessee game and he played pretty well, still sacked 6 TIMES

                      Houston game 39-23 (59 comp %) 249 yards, 1 td 0 int 86.4 qb rating, sacked 5 times. How do you get sacked by HOUSTON 5 times?

                      I'm not saying he was super crazy awesome man. And I know these are a lot of stats, but he played well enough to a point were if he was on a decent team (like us, we went 7-3 with AWFUL plummer play), he probably could have gone 3-1 or maybe 4-0 those first 4 games. At that point people would have been raving about how well he had come back from his injury blah blah blah. Also, being sacked 21 times in 4 games is never good when you're trying to come back from a knee injury. And you can't tell me ALL of those were beacuse of him being immobile.

                      If you compare his play to plummers play, he outperformed him every single week with the exception of week three where Plummer had those awesome passes to Walker.

                      It just seems to me that he played well enough to where if his surrounding cast didn't completely... smell. Then they as a team would have done much better and Culpepper would be sitting pretty right now. I mean, he got 249 rushing yards from Ronnie those first 4 games. That's like 55-60 yards a game. You can't win with that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hope Culpepper comes back healthy! I heard on NFL Network last night that three teams are interested in him.

                        If nothing pans out maybe he could take this year off and really let his knee heal and come back next year.

                        I think Oakland could use him. Walker is out 4 weeks with knee surgery.



                        ----------------------------------------------
                        I work at Vanderbilt University

                        Where Jay Graduated!


                        I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cutlerfan
                          I hope Culpepper comes back healthy! I heard on NFL Network last night that three teams are interested in him.

                          If nothing pans out maybe he could take this year off and really let his knee heal and come back next year.

                          I think Oakland could use him. Walker is out 4 weeks with knee surgery.
                          Would anyone else find it ironic if Culpepper ends up on the team that just traded Randy Moss?

                          Anyways, he does have the arm for the style offense Al Davis wants... though if injuries are a concern, I'm not sure how long he'd last behind Oakland's offensive line
                          .

                          Oakland may be interested, but I think they'll do alright with McCown until Russel is ready. I've heard he's done well in camp, and a QB who's lost mobility cannot thrive behind that line as it is.

                          Detroit may be interested with Kitna in control right now until Stanton is ready. He'd jump into a pass happy offense with a talented WR corps.
                          RIP Darrent Williams

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn
                            Would anyone else find it ironic if Culpepper ends up on the team that just traded Randy Moss?

                            Anyways, he does have the arm for the style offense Al Davis wants... though if injuries are a concern, I'm not sure how long he'd last behind Oakland's offensive line
                            .

                            Oakland may be interested, but I think they'll do alright with McCown until Russel is ready. I've heard he's done well in camp, and a QB who's lost mobility cannot thrive behind that line as it is.

                            Detroit may be interested with Kitna in control right now until Stanton is ready. He'd jump into a pass happy offense with a talented WR corps.
                            I just think he would a better groomer for Russell because both are big with big arms and similar style of play.



                            ----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

                            Where Jay Graduated!


                            I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Because its fun...
                              sigpic

                              :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                              D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                              :logo:
                              Denver Broncos General Manager

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X