Which college has best NFL RB alumni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream
    Football has changed from forty-years ago. I guess the question is, "Which college has the best alumni?" so that could probably be answered, but the question which was also brought in, which college produces the best running backs. Probably different. Teams in the South, like the SEC consistently produce solid running backs. Auburn is a good example over the past few seasons. However, you have to look at teams like Florida State who get top recruits, but poorly misuse their running backs. It's a tough question though, and I voted other just for me to state this.

Florida State just needs to give the ball to Antone Smith a minimum of 20 times a game. As a FSU fan I would rather have him carry the offense than Drew "Can't read a defense" Weatherford. Pound the ball with Smith most of the time and let the defense get after people should be their gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
      Florida State just needs to give the ball to Antone Smith a minimum of 20 times a game. As a FSU fan I would rather have him carry the offense than Drew "Can't read a defense" Weatherford. Pound the ball with Smith most of the time and let the defense get after people should be their gameplan.
      Nice to see another Seminoles fan here. I agree. Smith's the kind of kid who should get 20 times a game rushing at least, but even more touches. I know that Xaiver has talked about transfering, but I hope he'd start over the retard.

Comment

Nice to see another Seminoles fan here. I agree. Smith's the kind of kid who should get 20 times a game rushing at least, but even more touches. I know that Xaiver has talked about transfering, but I hope he'd start over the retard.

Yeah I hope Lee stays and wins the starting job. He has Vince Young type potential and if nothing else, can be the threat with his legs that the retard can't.

Comment

I voted other and was gonna say Georgia, but now that I think about it I am gonna say USC.
          sigpic

Comment

Football has changed from forty-years ago. I guess the question is, "Which college has the best alumni?" so that could probably be answered, but the question which was also brought in, which college produces the best running backs. Probably different. Teams in the South, like the SEC consistently produce solid running backs. Auburn is a good example over the past few seasons. However, you have to look at teams like Florida State who get top recruits, but poorly misuse their running backs. It's a tough question though, and I voted other just for me to state this.
            Put another way: which colleges alumni have made the best NFL RBs?

FSU:
            Warrick Dunn has by far been the best
            Marion Butts had a few good seasons
            Sammy Smith (did he ever get 1000 yards?)
            Bar None was a fullback on some good Niners teams before being injured
            Dexter Carter was a returner in the NFL

Am I missing someone who is worth mentioning? I agree that FSU misuses their talent. Its unbelievable how little theyve been doing with so much since Bobbys son started calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              Put another way: which colleges alumni have made the best NFL RBs?

FSU:
              Warrick Dunn has by far been the best
              Marion Butts had a few good seasons
              Sammy Smith (did he ever get 1000 yards?)
              Bar None was a fullback on some good Niners teams before being injured
              Dexter Carter was a returner in the NFL

Am I missing someone who is worth mentioning? I agree that FSU misuses their talent. Its unbelievable how little theyve been doing with so much since Bobbys son started calling plays.
              Well, that is why Bobby's son isn't on the coaching staff anymore.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                Well, that is why Bobby's son isn't on the coaching staff anymore.
                Yeah, I know but it was long overdue. His son was responsible for that loss against L'ville in 2002. Meanwhile, how much talent was squandered.

Comment

Jackson State University, produced walter "sweetness" peyton!!!
                  GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

OSU, im surprised nobody mentioned them. Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas (underrated back) who has 12000 rushing yards.Tatum Bell pretty good back.

Also Tennessee has decent backs
                    Jamal Lewis
                    Travis Henry
                    more i cant think of right now.

Comment

Why hasn't anyone named Edge when talking about Miami? He started off with 2,139 total yards and 17 total tds his rookie year. He put up 2,303 total yards and 18 total tds his second year. He overcame what could've been a career ending knee injury in his 3rd season to continue being productive and, now, has over 13,000 total yards and 81 total tds.

Recently, Miami has literally been an NFL RB factory. Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore.
                      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Working...
                      X