david carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david carr

Do you think david carr will start before week4 of the season?

I think it'll be around week 6 until Carr steps in
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

I'm not going to guess at a time table, but IMO he will be starting before mid-season.

He's got too much talent to just ride the pine and rott. IMO, he's a much better QB than Delhomme (sp?).
      Originally posted by Soldier96B
      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Carr won't start unless Delhomme gets injured. And Carr is not a much better QB than Delhomme. Carr hasn't done anything in the league except get sacked A LOT (yes I know that it's not all his fault). It's entirely possible that he may play better than Delhomme but until that happens I am not ready to say that he is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<
          Carr won't start unless Delhomme gets injured. And Carr is not a much better QB than Delhomme. Carr hasn't done anything in the league except get sacked A LOT (yes I know that it's not all his fault). It's entirely possible that he may play better than Delhomme but until that happens I am not ready to say that he is much better.
          Mechanically, Carr is better than Delhomme. Delhomme is mediocre. Carr has the tools to be a great NFL QB.

He has Jake Plummer syndrome. He was stuck in a bad situation for years in Houston with bad coaching, not enough of a supporting cast around him, and inefficient tools around him to get the job done. Living in TX for the past four years, I have watched enough Houston games to see what Carr could do and what he has the potential to do. Carr is in a better place now with Carolina and I hope they give him a chance to show what he can do.

Comment

Carr is better than Delhomme IMHO, and will be starting sometime early this season. I htink the change of scenery will be good for him.

Delhomme has been nothing but average at Carolina, and his inability to move the chains on 3rd down has really irked the coaching staff, and their losing patience with him.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              Carr is better than Delhomme IMHO, and will be starting sometime early this season. I htink the change of scenery will be good for him.

Delhomme has been nothing but average at Carolina, and his inability to move the chains on 3rd down has really irked the coaching staff, and their losing patience with him.
              Exactly. Basing my opinion on pure skill level of course, David Carr is an elite QB in the NFL. His numbers reflect differently, obviously, because he spent so much time on his back looking up at the sky, but he has the skill to throw for 4k yards and 30 TDs.

Comment

As most people know, I'm a Texans fan, and a big fan of Carr. I wish we hadn't gotten rid of him, but I'm going to continue following him in Carolina because he's just one of my favorite players in the league.

That said, I also think he'll be starting early. Physically he has everything you could possibly want. He's very mobile and has a strong arm. He has better weapons out in Carolina and I think the change of scenery will showcase his real talent, and it's going to open people's eyes
                Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwing
                  As most people know, I'm a Texans fan, and a big fan of Carr. I wish we hadn't gotten rid of him, but I'm going to continue following him in Carolina because he's just one of my favorite players in the league.

That said, I also think he'll be starting early. Physically he has everything you could possibly want. He's very mobile and has a strong arm. He has better weapons out in Carolina and I think the change of scenery will showcase his real talent, and it's going to open people's eyes
                  Carr has a GREAT arm.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                    Exactly. Basing my opinion on pure skill level of course, David Carr is an elite QB in the NFL. His numbers reflect differently, obviously, because he spent so much time on his back looking up at the sky, but he has the skill to throw for 4k yards and 30 TDs.

I totally agree. Obviously one can reflect on his career with the Texans, and I would even go as far to say he was a problem there to a point, but how is a QB expected to develop any confidence whatsoever when he knows he will have no time to go through his reads.

I can buy the argument that Carr failed the organization only to an extent, but IMHO that organization failed Carr first by never putting players around him that can give him an oppurtunity to succeed, and I'm specifically speaking about the oline. The guy never developed confidence because they couldn't protect him.

I think the change will be great for him, and just knowing that he has different blockers in front of him gives him a fresh start and likely something to build on.

The 49ers are a great example. Alex Smith struggled as a rookie 2 seasons ago, and the first thing that organization did was solidify his oline for last season and he progressed greatly, even though he still has a long way to go. Carr was never given that luxery.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      I totally agree. Obviously one can reflect on his career with the Texans, and I would even go as far to say he was a problem there to a point, but how is a QB expected to develop any confidence whatsoever when he knows he will have no time to go through his reads.

I can buy the argument that Carr failed the organization only to an extent, but IMHO that organization failed Carr first by never putting players around him that can give him an oppurtunity to succeed, and I'm specifically speaking about the oline. The guy never developed confidence because they couldn't protect him.

I think the change will be great for him, and just knowing that he has different blockers in front of him gives him a fresh start and likely something to build on.

The 49ers are a great example. Alex Smith struggled as a rookie 2 seasons ago, and the first thing that organization did was solidify his oline for last season and he progressed greatly, even though he still has a long way to go. Carr was never given that luxery.
                      The Texans tried to bring in a solid o-line and they tried to anchor it with Tony Boselli (sp?). But, we all know what happened with his health and what-not.

But, like you said, on paper this is a great move for Carr and I do wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                        The Texans tried to bring in a solid o-line and they tried to anchor it with Tony Boselli (sp?). But, we all know what happened with his health and what-not.

Yea, the only thing is he had injuries at Jax and was improperly treated by their docters, which caused the chronic decision, and made him expendable for the expansion draft. He never played a down with Houston, and when they brought him in they were hoping he would be a mentor to the other young olinemen.

I just don't understand how they could continue to neglect the oline every year after Carr had no protection.

In their first 4 drafts, not 1 first round selection and their position of most need, and only 3 first day picks along the oline, all in which never panned out to be more than mediocre.

Seth Wand who's a backup in Tennessee.
                        And Fred Weary/Chester Pitts who are only marginal starters along their oline now.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Unbelievable is right.

And it's strange too because I actually like Houston; obviously more-so now that they brought in Kubiak. There is just something about that franchise that makes them likeable.

I always wish them success. Hopefully Schaub doesn't snowball on them. After all, he only started two games for ATL and people are already calling him a Godsend.

Comment

The Texans need someone to emerge at RB, whether it be a rookie or one of the guys that've been on the roster a year or two. Ahman Green is not the answer, everyone knows that, it's time for them to find some young talent. Schaub was a huge risk, I don't see why you would ship out Carr (Who I believe is giong to be great given a solid o-line and an overall better offense in Carolina) for someone who has no experience in the league?

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                              The Texans need someone to emerge at RB, whether it be a rookie or one of the guys that've been on the roster a year or two. Ahman Green is not the answer, everyone knows that, it's time for them to find some young talent. Schaub was a huge risk, I don't see why you would ship out Carr (Who I believe is giong to be great given a solid o-line and an overall better offense in Carolina) for someone who has no experience in the league?
                              Yep. And Ahman Green wasn't the answer to their RB problems either.

Comment

Working...
                              X