X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SupaMario#90
    replied
    Originally posted by The|Snake#16
    The Texans need someone to emerge at RB, whether it be a rookie or one of the guys that've been on the roster a year or two. Ahman Green is not the answer, everyone knows that, it's time for them to find some young talent. Schaub was a huge risk, I don't see why you would ship out Carr (Who I believe is giong to be great given a solid o-line and an overall better offense in Carolina) for someone who has no experience in the league?
    I understand that Ahman's best years are behind but I think he'll be good for a couple more years.he's in great Shape and is coming of a 1000 yd season so I think he'll be ok.Kubiak is especially high on Chris Taylor,RB out of Indiana.He has very good speed and has excellent size weighing 222 lbs. He nearly broke a hundred yds. in our last game.So If he produces I think he''ll be the future at RB.
    I hate it how much people keep exagerrating our Oline,we gave up less sacks than the seahawks and about 8 other teams and that was with three starters injured most of the season,our starting LT tackle went down in week 2 with a broken leg and missed the rest of the season.Face-it David is a bust he had weapons available to him but still threw only one TD pass the entire second half of the season.I hope he does start for carolina just so everyone can see their sack total rise and see the true David Carr.

Leave a comment:

• SupaMario#90
    replied
    Originally posted by badlandz
    I never really watched the Texans, but can you really blame Carr for protecting himself after being the most sacked QB in the last few years?
    No,but he could have done more and tried to get away and make something happen,and not just give-up like he did.You never saw Dan Marino or Elway do stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• badlandz
    replied
    Originally posted by SupaMario#90
    David has horrible pocket awarenes and would most of the time fall into the fetal position when the defender got within 5 yds. of him.Am I saying the sacks were all his fault,no but most of them were.His first years in houston he had horrible coaching,he was taught to lock on to his receivers instead of going through reads.Then Kubiak showed up and was shocked about some of the terrible decisions david was making with his throws.So this was the predicament,keep a QB who has been beat up,and is entering his sixth season and doesn't even know the basics or get a younger guy who has been in the WCO for six years and has been one of the most sought after free agent QB's on the market.
    I never really watched the Texans, but can you really blame Carr for protecting himself after being the most sacked QB in the last few years? Anyways, I do think a change of scenery here is best for both parties.

Leave a comment:

• SupaMario#90
    replied
    David has horrible pocket awarenes and would most of the time fall into the fetal position when the defender got within 5 yds. of him.Am I saying the sacks were all his fault,no but most of them were.His first years in houston he had horrible coaching,he was taught to lock on to his receivers instead of going through reads.Then Kubiak showed up and was shocked about some of the terrible decisions david was making with his throws.So this was the predicament,keep a QB who has been beat up,and is entering his sixth season and doesn't even know the basics or get a younger guy who has been in the WCO for six years and has been one of the most sought after free agent QB's on the market.

Leave a comment:

• omac
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    It's a gamble and Kubiak is trying to find a Quarterback he can build around more.

The thing about Schaub's limited experience is that we don't know what he will do, so Kubiak is going to try and teach him what to do and mold him into the kind of QB he wants for the Texans.

We've already seen what Carr can do on the Texans and apparently, Kubiak didn't like what he had and saw a better option in Schaub.

It's a risky move and Schaub is massively unproven, but this season will tell us all we need to know.
    Wow, pretty big gamble indeed. Better to fix the line first, then let Carr show what he's got; I guess they really wanted Schaub over Carr.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by omac
    Why did Houston let him go, and take an unproven Schaub instead? If the problem was the line, why'd Kubiak let him go?
    It's a gamble and Kubiak is trying to find a Quarterback he can build around more.

The thing about Schaub's limited experience is that we don't know what he will do, so Kubiak is going to try and teach him what to do and mold him into the kind of QB he wants for the Texans.

We've already seen what Carr can do on the Texans and apparently, Kubiak didn't like what he had and saw a better option in Schaub.

It's a risky move and Schaub is massively unproven, but this season will tell us all we need to know.

Leave a comment:

• omac
    replied
    Why did Houston let him go, and take an unproven Schaub instead? If the problem was the line, why'd Kubiak let him go?

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
    That is unfortunate... I always liked him.
    Yeah, he was always one of my favorite players in the leauge.

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorcust
    He was cut.

He ended the 2005 season with knee problems, and then in 2006, it was discovered he had a degenerative knee condition comparable to both Courtney Brown and Terrell Davis. So he was out all season.

He changed his named to Domanick Williams (after his mother's maiden name) and changed his number to #31, and he tried to make a comeback.

Needless to say, it didn't work out and his career is probably over now, unfortunately.
    That is unfortunate... I always liked him.

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
    What happened to Domanick Davis?? I realize he wasn't a great RB, but he was a solid RB who was a consistent 1,000 yard rusher behind an O-Line that has been repeatedly called bad in this thread.
    He was cut.

He ended the 2005 season with knee problems, and then in 2006, it was discovered he had a degenerative knee condition comparable to both Courtney Brown and Terrell Davis. So he was out all season.

He changed his named to Domanick Williams (after his mother's maiden name) and changed his number to #31, and he tried to make a comeback.

Needless to say, it didn't work out and his career is probably over now, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    Kerry Collins has some of the BEST mechanics to ever play......but that didn't mean anything.

Bernie Kosar had some of the absolute worst mechanics. I'm sorry. But I just don't buy your argument that Carr is a better QB based on what you perceive to be better mechanics. Mechanics are great if you are teaching HS football, but in the NFL its not how you look that counts, its the production on the field. THat being said, Delhomme is a better NFL QB than David Carr.
    All valid points.

I still don't think Delhomme is that great of a QB. He's good, don't get me wrong, but pure skill wise I just don't think he is on the same level as Carr.

Imagine if Carr was drafted to a good team that would have been able to protect him and let him do what he knows how, like Denver or (hypothetically) Indy.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    Mechanically, Carr is better than Delhomme. Delhomme is mediocre. Carr has the tools to be a great NFL QB.

He has Jake Plummer syndrome. He was stuck in a bad situation for years in Houston with bad coaching, not enough of a supporting cast around him, and inefficient tools around him to get the job done. Living in TX for the past four years, I have watched enough Houston games to see what Carr could do and what he has the potential to do. Carr is in a better place now with Carolina and I hope they give him a chance to show what he can do.
    Kerry Collins has some of the BEST mechanics to ever play......but that didn't mean anything.

Bernie Kosar had some of the absolute worst mechanics. I'm sorry. But I just don't buy your argument that Carr is a better QB based on what you perceive to be better mechanics. Mechanics are great if you are teaching HS football, but in the NFL its not how you look that counts, its the production on the field. THat being said, Delhomme is a better NFL QB than David Carr.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by The Hamburgler
    You wish you Had David Carr on your team.
    No, not at all.

I'm more than pleased with the 3 already on the team - minus Ken Dorsey, because he sucks.

Leave a comment:

• The Hamburgler
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    Carr won't start at all.

He'll play sparingly - and stink it up.

You wish you Had David Carr on your team.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Carr won't start at all.

He'll play sparingly - and stink it up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X