Bucs are getting ready to go after Jake the Flake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tnedator
    Sarcasm was probably the wrong choice of words, but I was referring to your insinuations that you are referring to fact, and as an extension it would seem you are indicating that I am not. Second, I took the comment, "(sigh) Nevermind, I've seen this before and I won't let it escalate. See you on another post" as a knock against me.
    No, I never indicated that you weren't basing your opinions on fact; that's just the point. I was saying "these are the circumstances that influenced me", and you said I based it on message board posters and reporter opinions, so I re-iterated it a few times to explain myself.

Regarding the (sigh) comment, I really meant that I didn't want this to escalate, so let's start afresh. I've been involved in a post that escalated from something simple, and I regret my part in it. I don't think I was wrong, but in hindsight, I should've walked away. There's really no need to cultivate ill-will.

As to saying you have been swayed by message boards. I am not saying that you, per se, have been influenced by message board members, but I am saying that this Jake chronology, like so many others, clearly has been influenced by messge boards, fantasy news sites, rumor sites, etc.
    No, this is what you said, that I had to explain myself again ....

As to OMAC finding the speculation of message board goers and the media to be more 'accurate' than Jake's teammate's statements, I just don't quite get it.
    You clearly stated that I put more weight on the speculation of message board goers and the media than Jake's teammates.

Like you, I have read the rumours from the boards and the opinions from the reporters, but I've also read the interviews from the players and the coach. Based on the actual sequence of the reported news, not rumours, plus the comments made by Shanahan which directly oppose the comments made by the players ... those are what influenced my opinion of the situation. It's not the speculation by message board posters or reporter opinions; I just put more weight on what Shanahan said than what the players said, specially with the actual timing of reported events.

I've took the time to explain my point of view a few times. You discredit me by lumping me in with people who make up their minds based on rumours and heresay.

Take for example speculation that Jake only wanted to go to Houston. That was widely reported (term used loosely) in the press, but what facts support that? The only facts that support it are the fact Kubiak is in Houston, and people 'assumed' that Jake wouldn't want to be a backup in Denver.

Jake didn't publically state that he wanted to go to Houston, or that he refused to stay in Denver as a backup. If my memory serves me correctly (which I can't count on), I think Shanny only said that he would love to have Jake come back for another year, but that he didn't 'think' that Jake would want that role. Something like that. I never heard Shanahan say that Jake requested a trade, or specifically requested a trade to Houston, etc.
    Jake wanting to play for Houston was speculation, but unless the reporter was flat-out lying, he stated Plummer's intent of leaving Denver as a fact .....

Plummer made it clear before the end of the season he believes he still can be a starter and told several teammates in the days leading to the regular-season finale against the San Francisco 49ers that he is "playing my last game as a Bronco."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...303726,00.html
    So he did state that the 49ers game would be his last game as a Bronco. So my statement of the first reported event ....

1. Jake made known his intentions to no longer be in Denver as a back-up.
    was technically correct. It should've been more accurate by just saying that Jake made his intentions known that he was no longer going to be in Denver.

My point is that while your timeline is accurate in terms of what has been reported in the news, but that doesn't mean it is the end of the story. Do you honestly not believe Shanahan would ask Jake what his intentions were? That Shanny wouldn't ask him if he was interested in the #2 spot in Denver. After players started commenting on Jake's potential retirement, that Shanny wouldn't ask Jake what he was planning to do.

It is the very fact that we (you, me, Broncomania, news media, etc.) don't have all the facts that requires that we (you, me, Broncomania, news media, etc.) have to resort to speculating about what people were thinking or might have been thinking or might have wanted, or speculating about which deicsion came first, why a person decided to take a specific action, etc.
    I never said the timeline was the end of the story; I said the sequence of the timeline plus the quotes from the people in the organization influenced MY opinion. The timeline was actual reported events, not reporter opinions. Within those articles, there were reporter opinions mixed in with the facts, but it's easy to distinguish which is which.

So, No, I did not find the "speculation of message board goers and the media to be more 'accurate' than Jake's teammate's statements". Like I said, I heard what the teammates said, but I also take into account what Shanahan said, as well as the timing of the sequence of reported news.

(added) Anyway, like I said, let's just start afresh in another thread.

Last edited by omac; 06-29-2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I love it! Call his bluff TB!!! Plummer is a B-U-M!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omac
        (added) Anyway, like I said, let's just start afresh in another thread.

Sounds like a plan.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
          I love it! Call his bluff TB!!! Plummer is a B-U-M!!!
          Jake loves you too....
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Where's Jake?

sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo: