Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst NFL Owner? (merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst NFL Owner? (merged)

    I found this list/ranking of the NFL's owners and I thought I would post it for comment.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

    I find it interesting and hilarious that the Bengals' owner Mike Brown is ranked LAST!!

    With regard to the rankings of the AFC West team owners, I believe they are in the appropriate order. I believe that the Broncos' owner, Bowlen, is the best, followed by the Chiefs' owner, Hunt, then the Raiders' owner, Al Davis, and finally the Chargers owner Spanos. I was particularly surpised to see that Spanos ranked behind the Vikings' owner(s), Wilf.

    What are your thoughts regarding these rankings? I am looking forward to reading the posts of Chargers' fans, Chiefs fans, and Bengals fans ripping these rankings and defending their owners!
    RIP Marquise Hill


    Here's my adopted cheerleader (Patriots):

  • #2
    Bengals' Owner, Mike Brown, Worst NFL Owner?

    Sports Illustrated has ranked the NFL owners and ranked the Bengals owner, Mike Brown, the worst owner in the league.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

    Mike Brown had to really work hard in order to finish behind the owners of the Cardinals, the Chargers, the Lions, and the Vikings!

    Of course the Chargers' owner, Spanos, tried really hard to garner the 32nd ranking through his offseason actions, but he was ONLY able to attain the 24th ranking.

    What are your thoughts and comments on these rankings?
    RIP Marquise Hill


    Here's my adopted cheerleader (Patriots):

    Comment


    • #3
      The cardinals owner is the worst, no matter what any BS article says.
      sigpic

      :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

      D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

      :logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

      Comment


      • #4
        i stopped when i saw dan snyder at #5.

        But hey, at least he's trying. Snyder will get it right eventually...




        "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lorcust
          The cardinals owner is the worst, no matter what any BS article says.
          At first I would have agreed with you, but the article reminded me that the elder Bidwell has handed off the running of the team to his son, who has actually been making good progress in reversing all the horrible decisions and actions his father has made over the years (e.g. new stadium, firing Denny Green, hiring Ken Whisenhunt (sp?), drafting, etc.). Nonetheless, I think they probably should have been ranked lower than 27th.

          Mike Brown, on the other hand, has until recently allowed players who ran into trouble with the law to remain on/with the team, which gives the Bengals bad PR and a horrible reputation. In addition, he has made some stupid comments approaching the level of Don Imus' comments concerning the Rutgers' women's basketball team.
          RIP Marquise Hill


          Here's my adopted cheerleader (Patriots):

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't blame the man for making Mike Brown the worst owner in the league, but his reasoning is terribly flawed. Mike Brown is not to blame for having a few players break the law, Mike Brown is to blame for our 15 years of crappy football. However, Mike Brown has since turned over most of the reigns to Marvin Lewis, which is the best idea he has ever had. Unfortunately, during those 15 years he did try to get some good players, he was just too cheap to do it right. He has changed a lot when it comes to getting players and making decisions, and I think I am going to flip out if sports analysts keep making ridiculous comments about our off-field issues.




            Sig by Sky.:salute:

            All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MNPatsFan
              Sports Illustrated has ranked the NFL owners and ranked the Bengals owner, Mike Brown, the worst owner in the league.

              http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

              Mike Brown had to really work hard in order to finish behind the owners of the Cardinals, the Chargers, the Lions, and the Vikings!

              Of course the Chargers' owner, Spanos, tried really hard to garner the 32nd ranking through his offseason actions, but he was ONLY able to attain the 24th ranking.

              What are your thoughts and comments on these rankings?
              The Bidwills are probably the worst owners in all of American pro sports. The Brown family has mde some strides in recent years. As have the Spanos clan.

              Donald Sterling, who owns the Clippers, is pretty damn cheap too.

              Lets's not forget Paul Gaston (1992-2002) and Boston Basketball Partners LLC - consisting of Wyc Grousbeck, Stephen Pagliuca, and H. Irving Grousbeck (2002-), who have destroyed the once proud Boston Celtics franchise.

              Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

              The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

              Comment


              • #8
                that may be the worst piece of garbage i've ever seen from SI, and that's really saying a lot. . . . dan freaking snyder is a good owner? when did running your franchise into the ground become good??? oh wait, they must be highly profitable (i wasn't about to waste my time actually reading their explanations, so i'm guessing here)-- they CERTAINLY must not define "good" as an owner who consistently puts a quality product on the field!!! after all, pat bowlen's teams have been as consistently competitive as any in the league since he's had the broncos, and they have two trophies to show for it. . . .


                seriously, snyder ahead of bowlen and the roony family??



                Officially Objectified by the GPA

                rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pat Bowlen 10th best owner?

                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

                  Anyone who has Bob McNair, Dan Snyder or Wayne Huizenga ahead of Bowlen is a JOKE!!!

                  10. Pat Bowlen, Broncos
                  Bowlen's teams do a lot of winning on the football field -- though, as Broncos fans are all too aware, they've only managed one playoff victory since John Elway retired after the '98 season. And Bowlen has strongly supported the coach and de facto GM, Mike Shanahan, who guided the franchise to back-to-back Super Bowl titles in Elway's final two years.

                  But Bowlen, another big spender with a good stadium situation and who is influential in league matters, recently bore some responsibility for an embarrassing defeat in the courtroom. In May the New York Supreme Court ruled that Comcast is free to relegate the NFL Network to a premium all-sports tier, potentially keeping a large amount of fans from viewing regular-season games. Bowlen, who chairs the NFL's broadcast committee, had sold his fellow owners on heeding the advice of NFL Network boss Steve Bornstein, who last fall advocated suing Comcast rather than trying to work out a settlement. Oops.



                  So he has some valid points, but there is no way that Bowlen is not in top 5!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jared
                    The Bidwills are probably the worst owners in all of American pro sports. The Brown family has mde some strides in recent years. As have the Spanos clan.

                    Donald Sterling, who owns the Clippers, is pretty damn cheap too.

                    Lets's not forget Paul Gaston (1992-2002) and Boston Basketball Partners LLC - consisting of Wyc Grousbeck, Stephen Pagliuca, and H. Irving Grousbeck (2002-), who have destroyed the once proud Boston Celtics franchise.
                    The Knicks brass has been one of the worst since Patrick Ewing was let go. Everytime they spend money on a player, I say, "WHO??!"

                    They had a chance to get Ron Artest but who did they draft: Fredrick Weiss.

                    Who???!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                      The Knicks brass has been one of the worst since Patrick Ewing was let go. Everytime they spend money on a player, I say, "WHO??!"

                      They had a chance to get Ron Artest but who did they draft: Fredrick Weiss.

                      Who???!

                      James Dolan has hired bad general managers, admittedly. But he is willing to spend the money and bring in talent. Unlike some others.

                      I think he is guilty of poor hiring, not being a bad owner in general. Since he isn't as involved day to day like some NFL owners, it's hard to say what exactly are his decisions and what are Isiah Thomas's.

                      Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                      The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A lot of people thought Hitler was good in the beginning
                        Dam, the Bungles and Hitler talked about in the same paragraph, and a short paragraph it was.....

                        Who dey who dey err Sig Heil! Sig Heil!



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm not gonna lie...Mike Brown is a tool and I can't believe that Paul was his dad!!! I wish he would give total control to his sister Katie and just leave!!!

                          With that said...at least like Bengaaaaals said, he has given a lot of control over to Marvin and the team is starting to win some games giving those of us who have been life long fans something to smile about come Sunday!!!

                          I don't know that I would say he is the worst, but he is sure is not his daddy!!!


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shawshank24
                            i stopped when i saw dan snyder at #5.





                            yeah, i saw this guy had snyder over rooney and i said gtfooh

                            alex or dean spanos should be closer to the worst too for not firing schottenheimer after 05
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dogfish
                              that may be the worst piece of garbage i've ever seen from SI, and that's really saying a lot. . . . dan freaking snyder is a good owner? when did running your franchise into the ground become good??? oh wait, they must be highly profitable (i wasn't about to waste my time actually reading their explanations, so i'm guessing here)-- they CERTAINLY must not define "good" as an owner who consistently puts a quality product on the field!!! after all, pat bowlen's teams have been as consistently competitive as any in the league since he's had the broncos, and they have two trophies to show for it. . . .


                              seriously, snyder ahead of bowlen and the roony family??




                              I agree with you. I mean Wayne Huizenga ahead of Pat Bowlen?

                              Here are the owner ahead of Bowlen:

                              1. Robert Kraft (Jonathan Kraft), Patriots
                              2. Jerry Jones (Stephen Jones), Cowboys
                              3. Jerry Richardson (Mark Richardson), Panthers
                              4. Bryan, Joel and Ed Glazer, Buccaneers
                              5. Daniel Snyder, Redskins
                              6. Jeffrey Lurie, Eagles
                              7. Bob McNair, Texans
                              8. Wayne Huizenga, Dolphins
                              9. Dan Rooney (Art Rooney II), Steelers
                              10. Pat Bowlen, Broncos
                              R.I.P
                              #27 Darrent Williams
                              #29 Damian Nash



                              Thanks MasterShake for the sig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X