Worst NFL Owner? (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davii
    Which would be great for you if Norv could win regular or postseason games.

He has a losing record overall and isn't worth the ink on his contract.

But hey, it's always a great idea to fire your head coach after all the good prospects are already spoken for.

why not let LT go on July 15th?

If you think this idiotic move will work out, why not another?
    LT actually shows up in the playoffs lol

anyway, yes our owner is retarded, but marty is a failure (when it counts)

norv's just a pre pats belichik right now, until proven otherwise
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey

That could be true if he hadn't held 2 other head coaching jobs...it's been proven otherwise.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
        No, they had slowly withered and suffered since Bird retired.

And ownership did nothing other than sign ridiculous free agents during that period (Dino Radja!?????).

Pitino didn't arrive until 1997, at which time the Celtics hadn't been .500 in 4 seasons, including a 15-67 record the year prior to his arrival.

And then they had the bad luck of NOT winning the lottery and drafting Tim Duncan that year.

That's not Pitino's fault.
        Lets not forget about reggie lewis DYING.

The Celtics did make the eastern conf. finals 2 years in a row with the Paul Pierce/ Antione Walker combo. Granted thats not much of an accomplishment, especially when taking into consideration the absolute lack of talent in the Eastern Conf.. during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey

Its almost a sin to compare the likes of norv turner with billy b. Get real man.
          "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
            i can. . . .

if a 6th round pick doesn't just HAPPEN to become one of the best QBs in the league, where's kraft on that list? certainly not number one. . . .
            He would still be in the top five because:

1) He prevented the Pats from moving to St. Louis by buying the team.
            2) He turned down a lot of money when he decided to remain in Foxborough, MA rather than move the team Connecticut.
            3) He entirely privately financed the construction of the Pats' new stadium.
            4) He and his son have been integrally involved in the NFL's growth in popularity, television contracts, labor peace, etc.

Originally posted by dogfish
            if a 6th round pick doesn't just HAPPEN to become one of the best RBs in the league, where's Bowlen on that list? certainly not ranked as highly. . . .
            The exact same argument can be made regarding Bowlen and the Broncos because the Broncos would not have won one Super Bowl, let alone back-to-back, Super Bowls, without TD!:nono:
            RIP Marquise Hill

Here's my adopted cheerleader (Patriots):

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
              Honestly... how can dan snyder be ranked over not only al davis, but pat bowlen also? These rankings are a little off.
              I agree with Bowlen, but what has Al Davis done recently that warrants him being ranked higher. I'm not talking smack, I am just honestly asking for you to support your opinion and possibly educate me and/or convince me of your opinion's validity.
              RIP Marquise Hill

Comment

ever since that year they picked the Fins to win it all, which was 2005, btw, i never put that much stock into what SI has to say. espically rankings and the sort

Comment

Originally posted by MNPatsFan
                  He would still be in the top five because:

1) He prevented the Pats from moving to St. Louis by buying the team.
                  2) He turned down a lot of money when he decided to remain in Foxborough, MA rather than move the team Connecticut.
                  3) He entirely privately financed the construction of the Pats' new stadium.
                  4) He and his son have been integrally involved in the NFL's growth in popularity, television contracts, labor peace, etc.

The exact same argument can be made regarding Bowlen and the Broncos because the Broncos would not have won one Super Bowl, let alone back-to-back, Super Bowls, without TD!:nono:

true perhaps, but i'll point out that we did advance as far as the AFC championship game without TD, and have been to the playoffs four times total since we lost him. . . we've also rebuilt from the TD/elway years into a team that should be highly competitive, especially if jay cutler progresses the way i expect him to. . . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                    No, they had slowly withered and suffered since Bird retired.

And ownership did nothing other than sign ridiculous free agents during that period (Dino Radja!?????).

Pitino didn't arrive until 1997, at which time the Celtics hadn't been .500 in 4 seasons, including a 15-67 record the year prior to his arrival.

And then they had the bad luck of NOT winning the lottery and drafting Tim Duncan that year.

That's not Pitino's fault.
                    I agree with Jared that the Gastons bear the most responsibility for the decline of the Celtics. They refused to spend the money and/or make the necessary moves to keep the Celtics competitive. Although I am not a hockey fan, I have heard that the owners of the Bruins are penny pinchers like the Gastons who have allowed/caused the Bruins to become a joke and a shadow of the previous great Bruins teams.

In addition to the Gastons, ML Carr, Pitino, Danny Ainge, and Doc Rivers also must bear some responsibility for the Celtics' present status as a lower echeleon team in the NBA. Although I am still not a fan of the Ray Allen trade, the Sonics side of the trade does not look nearly as good now that Rashard Lewis is going to sign with the Magic.
                    RIP Marquise Hill

Comment

Originally posted by MNPatsFan
                      I agree with Jared that the Gastons bear the most responsibility for the decline of the Celtics. They refused to spend the money and/or make the necessary moves to keep the Celtics competitive. Although I am not a hockey fan, I have heard that the owners of the Bruins are penny pinchers like the Gastons who have allowed/caused the Bruins to become a joke and a shadow of the previous great Bruins teams.

In addition to the Gastons, ML Carr, Pitino, Danny Ainge, and Doc Rivers also must bear some responsibility for the Celtics' present status as a lower echeleon team in the NBA. Although I am still not a fan of the Ray Allen trade, the Sonics side of the trade does not look nearly as good now that Rashard Lewis is going to sign with the Magic.
                      It is hard to be excited about Ray Allen joining the team. This formula: Having the best two shooters in the game, even at its ideal state, ( Imagine Larry Bird and Rick Barry on the same team.) doesnt seem like it will translate into success. If they can lure Alonzo Mourning from Miami for his last season for Defensive and inspirational purposes (Which is highly unlikely), and a Danny fortson like guy; they could be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X