Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will end up being the starter RB for the Oakland Raiders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
    Zack Crockett
    Napoleon Kaufman
    Charlie Smith
    Kenny King

I think I made my point. If you had said recently, as in the last four years, I'd agree with you. Jordan's 1000 yards on a 4-12 team is impressive only because of the bad record of the team and the horrible o-line. But our backs have not done a thing since 2003, if only in brief spurts, if that. But over our history, the running game is what made the Raiders successful and we have produced just as much solid contributers in the backfield as any team.

For this year, our success on offense depends on the line and the back finding the holes if there are any. I don't think Jordan or Rhodes will be jaw dropping. Together they could be a solid 1-2 punch, maybe. But I rather see what Bush can do because I think we have a beast on our hands, which is what we need with Tomlinson, Johnson & Henry as our rivals.
    It depends what you count successful... We have had a crap load of 800 and 700 yard backs also... I dunno, maybe it's just me but even 1100 yards is a pretty bad season for a starting RB in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117
      Sorry, Dixon never got 1000 yards. Best was 865.
      We were only naming productive backs

Comment

Sorry, Dixon never got 1000 yards. Best was 865.
        It's not just 1000 yards. The debate was about productive running backs. Herwitt was productive in 3 of he 5 years he played in Oakland, with over 1000 total yards in those seasons. As a threat in the backfield, he set up for the 7 step drop bombs that Art Shell tried desperately to deploy last year.

Comment

If we were only naming 1000 yard rushers I couldn't name Howard Griffith, Billy Joe, or Tony Dorsett.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk
            Your turn name some more backs I haven't named.
            Gaston Green.

Rod Bernstein.

Comment

It depends what you count successful... We have had a crap load of 800 and 700 yard backs also... I dunno, maybe it's just me but even 1100 yards is a pretty bad season for a starting RB in Denver.
              It depends on how you look at it.

Like I said with Lamon Jordan, he had close to 1600 yards in 2005, but it wasn't a productive 1600. He didn't come through in the clutch, he fumbled at crucial times and he only ran for 100 yards three times out of fourteen games. In fact, he had 90+ yards in two more of those games and I don't think he had more than 50 in the rest.

1000 yards nowadays means little because a runner can go a full season without rushing for 100 yards in a game and get that total. 1500 yards should be the standard now.

Comment

Originally posted by columbiaskinny
                Gaston Green.

Rod Bernstein.
                I'm feeling generous so I'll give you some CP.

Comment

rhodes is baned for 4 games

made by showoff

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                    Mark Van Eghan
                    Clem Daniels
                    Pete Banaszak
                    Harvey Williams
                    Marcus Allen
                    Bo Jackson
                    Tyrone Wheatley
                    Charlie Garner
                    Marcus Allen is a great, great runningback. He should've had an Elway-like career - playing for the Raiders until he retired, and always being the starter. Too bad it didn't work out that way. Still a great career though.

Comment

Working...
                    X