Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears first to sign first round pick

Chicago signs first-round pick Olsen to five-year deal

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bears signed first-round draft pick Greg Olsen to a five-year contract on Tuesday, making the tight end from Miami the first player taken in the first two rounds to agree on a deal.

The 31st overall pick, Olsen was the first tight end taken in the opening round by the Bears since they chose Mike Ditka from Pittsburgh in 1961.

Olsen had 87 receptions for 1,215 yards with six touchdowns in three seasons with Miami, leaving after his junior season.

The Bears have signed eight of nine draft picks, the exception being second-rounder Dan Bazuin, a defensive end from Central Michigan.

LINK
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

good, now all they need is the right qb to start, (griese)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
      It would be smart of them to give him a chance to win that position. Grossman (though he made me a ton of ff points at the start of the season last year) isn't the answer in Chi-town and is holding them back IMO.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic

i dunno, bob's getting pretty old. . . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

If the Bears were that committed to winning they would have gone after somebody new at QB. I think it's pretty obvious that Rex Grossman cannot consistently win games.
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
          X