No announcement yet.

Vick unlikely to face charges in dogfighting allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Vick was betting on dog fighting. Whether or not he's the ring leader... is something that I don't really wish to guess on.

But this isn't any different than any OTHER time a celebrity or someone in the press is accused of something. If a person is accused, the public AUTOMATICALLY assumes you are GUILTY... period. Our court system is NO LONGER built around "innocent until proven guilty." Its "guilty until proven innocent." There are so many that will convict any man/woman that is charged with a crime... YET.... we are setting people free EVERY DAY that have been falsely imprisoned due to DNA evidence. Those same people that are not being set free, were SHUNNED by the very people here that SCREAM that they know the TRUTH!! Everyone is an expert on the truth, and the evidence, by all the "facts" that are in the papers (which is a JOKE if you think the news and the papers EVER have the facts right).

I'm not even a Vick fan. I think he's a thug.. a punk.. and one that will never be able to separate himself from his gansta friends. I think he's someone that has unbelievable athletic ability, but will NEVER meet the potential he carries, because he doesn't take it seriously... and takes it for granted.

But I'm just as sickened by those that post, say, and scream that THEY know what REALLY happened, and know the REAL truth... and say "screw this innocent until proven guilty crap, after all... "I" am the all knowing, and "I" know the truth".... its SICK.... disgusting.... and honestly.... embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
      I guess there's a lot of people that had already made their minds up that he was guilty huh? I've been a Vick fan since his VT days and I was holding out hope that he would be cleared so he can get back to football. I have a feeling this whole thing is gonna motivate him to step up his game and finally live up to the expectations.

When you say "a lot of his fans soured on him" what exactly do you mean? Were you a fan who soured on him, so you think everyone else did? The Falcons boards still have many, many people who support Vick, and a loud minority who wants him gone.

And when you say "the guy is done" I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. On ESPN the other day, they said Vick's offseason attendance has been 100% this year, up from his career high of 75%. He's been working with his receivers (Who Joe Horn is supposedly teaching how to catch) and watching tons of film. That doesn't sound like a concentration problem to me. I think he'll have a career year, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the NFC.

You "doubt he'll ever recover" from what? It's not like he's been arrested or charged with anything. That seems kinda funny coming from a fan of Shawne Merriman's team.

I believe Atlanta is a better team with Vick. They'd go nowhere without him, and while the rest of that team has some weaknesses, Vick is the most talented player on the team, if not the whole NFL (in terms of pure talent). The guy can score a TD on any play, and throws a rocket. He has a ridiculously quick release and is a very good passer while moving outside the pocket (since their O-line doesn't know how to pass protect).

He cannot be blamed solely for Atlanta's problems the last few years. The coaching staff did nothing to feature his strengths and forced him to play a style of game that didn't suit his unique skills set.
      i saw alot of his own fans disgusted in him during the season last year, both on the falcons boards and when i saw atl home games....they were just tired of his stupid act.

the guy's an idiot cut and dry
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
        The only link they have to Vick is the fact that all the dog fighting related evidence they have found was in fact discovered on Vick's property. That's why the Feds stepped in and continued the investigation.

It doesn't mean he had something to do with it, or did not have something to do with it.

It only means they didn't have enough evidence to warrant bringing up charges against him.

Nobody can say he was definetely on it. But nobody can not ask questions as to why it was found on his property.

It's a little peculiar either way you look at it.
        some of his still true loyalist fans would still be cheering for him if he committed a murder, that's just how some people are, like mothers who defend their guilty sons, they just have that vision in their head and hate when their idol turns out to be a piece of ****
        sigpic

Comment

Of course it's just my opinion...

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
          I'm sure Vick was betting on dog fighting. Whether or not he's the ring leader... is something that I don't really wish to guess on.

But this isn't any different than any OTHER time a celebrity or someone in the press is accused of something. If a person is accused, the public AUTOMATICALLY assumes you are GUILTY... period. Our court system is NO LONGER built around "innocent until proven guilty." Its "guilty until proven innocent." There are so many that will convict any man/woman that is charged with a crime... YET.... we are setting people free EVERY DAY that have been falsely imprisoned due to DNA evidence. Those same people that are not being set free, were SHUNNED by the very people here that SCREAM that they know the TRUTH!! Everyone is an expert on the truth, and the evidence, by all the "facts" that are in the papers (which is a JOKE if you think the news and the papers EVER have the facts right).

I'm not even a Vick fan. I think he's a thug.. a punk.. and one that will never be able to separate himself from his gansta friends. I think he's someone that has unbelievable athletic ability, but will NEVER meet the potential he carries, because he doesn't take it seriously... and takes it for granted.

But I'm just as sickened by those that post, say, and scream that THEY know what REALLY happened, and know the REAL truth... and say "screw this innocent until proven guilty crap, after all... "I" am the all knowing, and "I" know the truth".... its SICK.... disgusting.... and honestly.... embarrassing.

I've said that I do believe that he is involved in dog fighting...(Actually I'm "convinced" that he is involved in dog fighting)....I've said that he is a sick POS.

And the beauty of this is that I do not have the "Guilty until proven innocent" burden to make up my own mind....If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this isn't a court of law!

It is what I believe and it will take more than what the investigators can or can't prove to change my mind. In my mind he is into dog fighting and therefor a sick POS.

I may have taken my posts a little too far but I just can't figure out why, with all that's been reported in this story, it's posts like these on a message board (Along with his wasted talent) that "SICK"ens and "disgusts" you. Sorry bout that....
          Last edited by stnzed; 07-07-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

It feels so good to be right about all of this from the very beginning.

Comment

Well, I guess you can no longer trust ESPN.com judging from today's developments.

Comment

Working...
              X