predictions on Michael Vick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• predictions on Michael Vick

i think this will be michael vicks last year with the ATLANTA FALCONS. Wether he is indicted or not he is too much trouble he is WAY TOO IMMATURE, TOO MUCH OF A PUNK, i think the owner, gm Rich Mckay and Bob petrino probably have already had it with him and i predict the Falcons will move up to try and draft BRIAN BROHM, from Louisville.Petrino has coached and developed him and he will be a better fit for the falcons than Vick.

Talent far overrides any problem a player may have.

If they make the playoffs, he stays, but on a short leash. heh heh

If they fail miserably, they will not get equal value for him because he still has tremendous talent. Just give him to Detroit.

Comment

michael vick

Mike Martz has been quoted as saying he would like to turn him into MARSHALL FAULK TYPE OF PLAYER, one problem, would vick go for it?

Comment

Mike Vick should become a running back, KR, or PR.

He shouldn't be a QB.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by richardthebronco
          Mike Martz has been quoted as saying he would like to turn him into MARSHALL FAULK TYPE OF PLAYER, one problem, would vick go for it?
          No, Vick has this wild idea that he's actually a great quarterback. He has had great games and he is far from bad, but he is not what we would call a Superbowl quarterback.

But on the flip side, a playbook that uses his scrambling ability could make him a dangerous weapon. But that is unlikely to translate into champion.

Comment

They can't release him since he has a humongous contract so they will have to use him no matter how bad he is.

Comment

mike vick

the falcons had better HOPE HE GETS INDICTED, that would be the easy way out, i just do not think he will bring a title to atlanta.he's too in love with his runnung and he WILL NOT BEAT TEAMS WITH HIS ARM !!! at qb you need CONSISTENCY which he does not give that team.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                No, Vick has this wild idea that he's actually a great quarterback. He has had great games and he is far from bad, but he is not what we would call a Superbowl quarterback.

But on the flip side, a playbook that uses his scrambling ability could make him a dangerous weapon. But that is unlikely to translate into champion.
                If they aren't already using it, they should probably use the spread offense which is the popular thing in college now; they can spread the ball to run, the way Florida and West Virginia do. His decisions will not be as complex, and they'll make full use of his rushing ability.

I can see him being pretty successful in that system.

Comment

Vick's abysimal 4-20-1 record against teams that are above .500 only shows that the guy can't win at the QB position in the NFL.

If Vick was smart from his own legacy's standpoint, he would be open to the idea of playing a different position and let someone else play that actually understands what their doing behind center play QB.

Comment

I use to bash a lot on vick, but I have always hoped he make the falcons a playoff team. year in and year out

and i hope he figures things out, before its to late.

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

I predict the falcons to sign Marcus Vick as a Backup QB

Comment

From the Courier-Journal last weekend (the Newspaper out of Louisville, KY)

Petrino will not be able to dodge the Vick question (linky)

You are Bobby Petrino, and in less than three weeks you will open your first training camp in the job you have dreamed of since you roamed the sidelines when your father was coaching a college football team in Montana.

You are a head coach in the National Football League, the $24 million leader of the Atlanta Falcons.

You have your chance to prove what you have always been certain of -- that you can draw more exotic and effective game plans than anybody in football.

Just as you showed at the University of Louisville, game after game after game.

In your first season you're going to show you can score on teams coached by Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and Mike Holmgren, guys who have won Super Bowls.

But questions about those dates won't be the questions you'll face when you gather your team for its first practice in Flowery Branch, Ga., on July 26. Petrino Ball will start this season on hold.

First the world will want to ask you about your quarterback, Michael Vick.

Hard questions
                        Will you solemnly swear that Vick is your quarterback? Will he still be your quarterback if federal authorities charge that he is connected to the extensive dog-fighting operation they believe was run on property Vick owned in Virginia?

The property where they found treadmills altered so pit bulls could train on them to get in better fighting condition.

The property where they found "rape stands" used to keep dogs still for mating. The property allegedly used since 2002 by an outfit known as "Bad Newz Kennels."

As reported in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Urban Dictionary lists Bad Newz as the street name for Newport News, Va., your quarterback's hometown. And if you visit Vick's Web site -- www.mikevick.com -- he lists his birthplace as "Newport News, Va., aka, Bad News." Draw your own conclusions.

Is this your guy, the one you're going to trust to run those wonderful plays you've been creating for your big moment?

You won't like the questions. We know that.

You howled once because somebody from this newspaper printed an innocuous item about how Michael Bush was spotted returning kickoffs in practice. I thought you were going to hire private detectives to investigate the horrible leak.

You set an NCAA record for profanities issued in a 45-second period when a local TV anchor had the gall to ask you about your interest in another coaching position during a live shot several years ago.

Some folks who worked for you were so unsettled by your growl that they jumped if you cleared your throat.

They knew when to advise that "Coach" didn't want to talk about something. This situation won't disappear that easily.

No easy answers
                        Not when we're talking about something as repulsive as dog fighting. Not when we're talking about one of the highest-paid players in the NFL. Not in a year when the NFL is straining to cleanse its police-blotter image.

Not when we're talking about a story that carries the emotional sparks of race with Vick, the game's most high-profile black quarterback.

"Even if Vick is totally cleared, the damage is already done," said Terence Moore, a columnist at the Journal-Constitution. "Michael Vick is the most polarizing figure in Atlanta sports. He's already been getting booed.

"There's no in-between with Vick. There's definitely a racial element to this story. I'm not one of them, but there are a huge number of African-Americans who believe the guy has gotten picked on because he's black. This is a story that isn't going to go away."

And it's a story that is going to shape Bobby Petrino's introduction to his dream job in the NFL.

Reach Rick Bozich at (502) 582-4650 or [email protected]. Comment on this column, and read his blog and previous columns, at www.courier-journal.com/bozich.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                        X