What is Jake Plummer up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117
    So we're only allowed to make comments about players on our roster? That doesn't make much sense...

Considering

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=94215

That thread that you started includes several players that are no longer part of our team!
    Um, I didn't start that thread.

Now, had the thread had something to do with Plummer's time as a bronco or had it connected to current members of the broncos it would have been ok. But I would love to know what Jake Plummer's current whereabouts have to do with the Denver Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
      Um, I didn't start that thread.

Now, had the thread had something to do with Plummer's time as a bronco or had it connected to current members of the broncos it would have been ok. But I would love to know what Jake Plummer's current whereabouts have to do with the Denver Broncos.
      John elway playing in a golf tourneyment makes the page and no one complains... I know how dare I compare Plummer to Lord Elway....

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
        John elway playing in a golf tourneyment makes the page and no one complains... I know how dare I compare Plummer to Lord Elway....
        John Elway earned the right to have his off the field endeavors mentioned in GD. Plummer has earned no such right.

Comment

latest on Plummer...I think this is the latest...

http://www.topix.net/football-player...mmer-to-return
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

John Elway earned the right to have his off the field endeavors mentioned in GD. Plummer has earned no such right.
            Opinions are like *******s.
            SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Man....I havent posted in a while, and hate to do it on this note but i had to step in....

of course Elway is mr bronco to all of us!

but Plummer was alot to some of us as well,

you have NO RIGHT to judge as to who is worthy or not...we will make up our own mind thank you.

here is to Jay and our 07 team, those who came before, those who have left us, and those lying in the wings waiting to join us.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah he only took us to the AFC Championship game and the playoffs for 3 out of 4 years.

I don't think it's wrong to talk Plummer or anything anymore than it's wrong to talk about Elway, TD, or any other Bronco who has done alot for the team.

Comment

God what did Jake ever do to this team to deserve such hate - I mean grease ball yeah - but sometimes I feel even he is talked about around here with more respect than Plummer - No he wasnt Mr. Nice Guy all the time - but cut the guy some slack - I feel he did HIS best when he was here - may not have been good enough but I think he tried and didnt really stop until he started to get totally disrespected by the fans - I would never boo anyone in who wears our orange n blue - PERIOD

And some of us still do care what he is up to - if others dont than stay out of threads that have "PLUMMER" in them

I dont play video games - do you see me in that forum telling them they are all dumb for playing them - no - its their choice -

As far as where this thread should be - who cares - people make too much of a big deal out of "where: their thread is - most people dont go to the forums first - they hit New Posts - at least most of the people who have been on awhile (i actually hit User CP before going anywhere)

I thank Plummer for his hard work in Denver when he was here and wish him all the best in the future

Comment

Yeah he only took us to the AFC Championship game and the playoffs for 3 out of 4 years.

I don't think it's wrong to talk Plummer or anything anymore than it's wrong to talk about Elway, TD, or any other Bronco who has done alot for the team.
                    Plummer came in for 4 years, then left on bad terms. He was also disliked by much of the board which caused nothing but I hate Jake / I love Jake threads that never accomplished anything. He deserves to be discussed in the "Other NFL Teams" section, which is why it was moved.

Also, Elway and TD played their entire careers with the Broncos and retired as Broncos. Elway is the most beloved Bronco of all time and TD is pretty high up there. Elway and TD were huge parts of why the Broncos won their 2 Super Bowls.

Jake, on the other hand, was a journeyman player that started for 3 and a half seasons, then left on bad terms and didn't play the majority of his career with the Broncos, nor did he retire as a Bronco. He has yet to retire.
                    Last edited by BroncsSB#3; 07-11-2007, 02:03 PM.
                    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

This bickering about Plummer is why I moved this to Other Football Teams. He is a sore spot with many of the fans...and it always causes fights.

Unlike the other Bronco greats mentioned here...Elway, TD...they are retired Broncos, and will always be Broncos.

Jake Plummer was traded to the Bucs...therefore he is no longer a Denver Bronco. Hence why I moved the thread. Sometime in the distant future, when the sore spot of Plummer is healed over and we can look back see only the good he did here in Denver, will threads in GD stay there.

This is my thinking, anyways. I know I dont have to explain, but sometimes it makes things better if I do.

I wish Jake Plummer the best in all he does. The man got to play pro-ball in one of the best/toughest NFL towns in the league, for a team with a great history, and a shadow that was too dark and big for him to get out from.

I wish him the best
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
                        Plummer came in for 4 years, then left on bad terms. He was also disliked by much of the board which caused nothing but I hate Jake / I love Jake threads that never accomplished anything. He deserves to be discussed in the "Other Teams" section, which is why it was moved.

Also, Elway and TD played their entire careers with the Broncos and retired as Broncos. Elway is the most beloved Bronco of all time and TD is pretty high up there. Elway and TD were huge parts of why the Broncos won their 2 Super Bowls.

Jake, on the other hand, was a journeyman player that left on bad terms and didn't play the majority of his career with the Broncos, nor did he retire as a Bronco. He has yet to retire.
                        He...didn't leave on bad terms. He was traded to another team.

Jake did a lot for this team. Before Jake came here the Broncos were struggling with a post-Elway identity crisis. Plummer came in and made this team his own. He was a leader. He didn't have the skill of Elway, but he had the same heart. He took thisd team a game away from the Super Bowl. He gave us many great games. No he is not Elway and TD but he doesn't diserve to be treated like garbage either.

He left because he was replaced. No one could blame him for that. And Plummer only sparked hate among a vocal minority. The majority of Broncos country cheered him on when he was the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                          This bickering about Plummer is why I moved this to Other Football Teams. He is a sore spot with many of the fans...and it always causes fights.

Unlike the other Bronco greats mentioned here...Elway, TD...they are retired Broncos, and will always be Broncos.

Jake Plummer was traded to the Bucs...therefore he is no longer a Denver Bronco. Hence why I moved the thread. Sometime in the distant future, when the sore spot of Plummer is healed over and we can look back see only the good he did here in Denver, will threads in GD stay there.

This is my thinking, anyways. I know I dont have to explain, but sometimes it makes things better if I do.

I wish Jake Plummer the best in all he does. The man got to play pro-ball in one of the best/toughest NFL towns in the league, for a team with a great history, and a shadow that was too dark and big for him to get out from.

I wish him the best

You don't have to explain, but like anyone in a position of authority, it's better when you do

Comment

He...didn't leave on bad terms. He was traded to another team.

Jake did a lot for this team. Before Jake came here the Broncos were struggling with a post-Elway identity crisis. Plummer came in and made this team his own. He was a leader. He didn't have the skill of Elway, but he had the same heart. He took thisd team a game away from the Super Bowl. He gave us many great games. No he is not Elway and TD but he doesn't diserve to be treated like garbage either.

He left because he was replaced. No one could blame him for that. And Plummer only sparked hate among a vocal minority. The majority of Broncos country cheered him on when he was the starter.
                            HE...didn't want to remain on the team as a backup. HE...didn't like who Denver traded him to. He...then said he was retiring, but has yet to file his retirement papers 4 months later. Many Bronco fans believe HE was trying to say F U to the Broncos for trading him to Tampa Bay. I call that leaving on bad terms. The Broncos made the first move by trading him to who they could get the most from. He retaliated by retiring. The Broncos started it, but either way he didn't leave on good terms. Elway and TD don't have very many, if any, Bronco fans that dislike them as much as some Bronco fans dislike Plummer.
                            2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
                              HE...didn't want to remain on the team as a backup. HE...didn't like who Denver traded him to. He...then said he was retiring, but has yet to file his retirement papers 4 months later. Many Bronco fans believe HE was trying to say F U to the Broncos for trading him to Tampa Bay. I call that leaving on bad terms. The Broncos made the first move by trading him to who they could get the most from. He retaliated by retiring. The Broncos started it, but either way he didn't leave on good terms. Elway and TD don't have very many, if any, Bronco fans that dislike them as much as some Bronco fans dislike Plummer.
                              My boss transferred me to a shift against my will. When I talked to him about it he told me it was what they had to do and I will have to live with it. I decided to leave the company. That is what Plummer did. He didn't want to go to Tampa, got traded there, and decided to leave the NFL. That's not leaving on bad terms. That is a career decision. We all make them every day.
                              Last edited by Q-niverse; 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Like I said, I have no problem with Plummer being discussed in GD if it relates to the Broncos in any way but what he is doing in his spare time has nothing to do with the Broncos and does not belong in GD.

Comment

Working...
                                X