Oakland Raiders sign S Donovin Darius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland Raiders sign S Donovin Darius

The Oakland Raiders have signed veteran safety Donovin Darius. Darius has started in all 115 league games in which he has played.

“We are extremely excited about adding Donovin to the Raiders,” said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin. “He will bring us immediate competition in our secondary. Donovin exemplifies hard work and dedication to the game. Working with Donovin at Jacksonville, I was able to see what a phenomenal competitor he is. He will fit great into our team philosophy.”
    http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=25664

very nice move if he can stay healthy and rodney harrison his career
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
      very nice move if he can stay healthy and rodney harrison his career
      It would definitely be a good signing if we can still be able to sign our rookies as well as restructure the contracts of Derrick Burgess & Nnamdi Asomugha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Raider
        It would definitely be a good signing if we can still be able to sign our rookies as well as restructure the contracts of Derrick Burgess & Nnamdi Asomugha.
        oh i'm sure you can, i don't think he was asking for a ton ya know? he was on the outs in jag town after they franchised him what was it last year or the last 2 years?
        sigpic

Comment

This was a good signing for an all ready talented defense.Now having Huff and Darious, Dam.

Comment

despite the irreprable stabbing i get by saying this, you will have a nice d next year....

still wont be enough to stop us though.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

We did good signing him, if he stays healthy. Im curious to see what's going to happen to stu now that darius is there.... should be interesting. Thats a nice backfield though... aso, fabian, huff, and darius.... sounds good to me!!
              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                We did good signing him, if he stays healthy. Im curious to see what's going to happen to stu now that darius is there.... should be interesting. Thats a nice backfield though... aso, fabian, huff, and darius.... sounds good to me!!
                Stu will be on ST and used as a back up, his tackling skills are crap, that's too bad because he has a nose for the ball.

The Raider D looks good for this season.......
                Last edited by Raiderfan76; 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I like the signing. For Michael Huff, of the three positions in the backfield, SS was the worst fit. I think he will excell at FS and with Darius.

This is a good pickup if he stays healthy. I was never high on Stu. I thought he was solid, opportunistic at times, but not good enough to be elite. While I doubt Darius will have the numbers that Ronnie Lott & Rod Woodson did, since that's not his game, I think he gives the backfield a menacing presence. And his tackling skills will be sorely needed when Tomlinson, Johnson and Henry break free of the shaky run-stopping line.
                  Last edited by DevilSpawn; 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

GOOD SIGNING!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's what me & my Silver & Black bretheren can expect form Donovin Darius, this article may be an oldie, but damn is it a goodie!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ut.darius0808/

Comment

Here's what me & my Silver & Black bretheren can expect form Donovin Darius, this article may be an oldie, but damn is it a goodie!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ut.darius0808/
                        Good Find :thumb:

Darius is really in shape this was really a good pick up for the Raiders.

Comment

Wait, here's ANOTHER gem on Donovin Darius

Recovering from injury, Darius should be ready for training camp

One advantage the Raiders had over other suitors was that Kiffin and Darius have ties from the past. Kiffin served as a quality control coach for the Jaguars in 2000, working primarily with the secondary, in Darius' third season in the NFL. Darius studied the Oakland defense after his release by the Jaguars and was impressed by the aggressive scheme that it featured by coordinator Rob Ryan.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Comment

Working...
                          X